They are beautiful guitars.

This. Jaguars are sexy.

But... acoustic Strat? The fuck?

-ACE
  • SSSammy%s's Photo

They are beautiful guitars.

thats oppinion ;)

but yeah, i just dont like teh shape...
    the combination of the head and the body leaves it looking kinda imbalanced. but thats just me.
    im more of a telecaster fellow.
    give it a decend headstock (i hate the standards) and now were talking ;)
    ive got work expierience in 2 weeks and im "working" in a guitar shop.
    should be fun.
  • Mike Robbins%s's Photo

But... acoustic Strat? The fuck?

They didn't make them for long. You can find them in the Squire version now, but mine is regular Fender.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    just won a yamaha ERG121 on ebay.
    should be fun.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Never cared for the Stratecoustic personally (or Telecoustic)... Love Jags though. Don't have one, but it's really one of the very few guitars I even kinda "want" (as I'm the kind of guy who'd rather get really comfortable with an instrument or two rather than have a huge collection I almost never play). Nice amp too. Very clean rig. With 2 X 12"s you've really got all the headroom you'll ever need and they're kinda movable...

I should get some different pics of my shit up at some point. My main rig is pretty absurd:

Guitar ->
    Digitech Whammy WH-4 ->
    Electro Harmonix Small Stone (nano) ->
    EH Holy Stain (used for reverb as it's essentially a cheaper way to get a Holy Grail Plus) ->
    Boss BD-2 Blues Driver ->
    Carl Martin Surf Tremolo ->
    Fender Evil Twin (~99 or 00, the 96-02 model anyway) ->

(EFFECTS LOOP)
    DeArmond Volume Petal ->
    Boss DD-3 Digital Delay

But everything is all scattered right now because I have my petals set up with my Crate RFX 120 (2 X 12, 120 watts solid state, with Eminence Red, White, and Blues speakers) over in my drummers garage (got sick of dragging my petal rig and/or either of my 2 X 12 amps around). :D

I'm thinking of picking up an eBow at some point, and maybe another delay or two, but honestly I'm pretty happy as is.

I've got loads of other stuff too. Too much honestly... In my defense most of it was given to me and I can't really sell it and they won't take it back. :-/
  • Casimir%s's Photo

I've got loads of other stuff too. Too much honestly... In my defense most of it was given to me and I can't really sell it and they won't take it back. :-/

You can give it to me ^^

B²T:

I bought a V-Amp2 the other day and it sounds quite nice.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Behringer modeler is it?

What are you running that through (amp wise)?
  • RCTFAN%s's Photo
    I'll take a pic of my kit setup at next practice.........we should be recording it too!

So if you like bands like the cancer bats.....watch this space
  • Casimir%s's Photo

Behringer modeler is it?

What are you running that through (amp wise)?

Indeed.

For the actual playing, I connect it to my Peavey Rage 158, nothing special. For recording though, I hook it up to my sound card, which is directly connected to my 5.1 system. THAT gives quite a nice sound ^^
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    wow mike robbins, i'm very impressed with your setup:000

as for me, i play a Schecter C1 Classic, with the amber antique finish and vine inlay neck.
    i use a Line 6 XT live
    and as far as an amp, i'm sad to say i dont have the funds just yet:/
    i've played for about 7 or so years, and have survived gigs and shows by borrowing amps and playing through house speakers unfortunately lol.
    i'm realllly hoping to purchase one of those Egnater stacks from guitar center.
    theyre not too well known, being that theyre custom, but the price is pretty low for the quality.

i'm glad theres a lot of other musicians on here:]
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I want to learn Drums & Bass Guitar.

I just need to get the instruments :p Anyone got any suggestions on relatively cheap, but still good Bass Guitars?
  • Marino%s's Photo
    I play this:
    Posted Image
    But with chrome hardware..

Edited by Marino, 26 May 2009 - 05:57 AM.

• Sey%s's Photo
    Well, and I play the violin... :p
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo

I play this:
    Posted Image
    But with chrome hardware..

Where do you march?
  • Marino%s's Photo
    Unfortunately not in the USA (yet?). I'm 15 now, I hope I can march SCV or Cavaliers when I can afford it/I have the time to. I march Jubal, a Dutch drumcorps. They've been to the USA several times, like in 2006. And in 2012 we're going again :)
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo

Unfortunately not in the USA (yet?). I'm 15 now, I hope I can march SCV or Cavaliers when I can afford it/I have the time to. I march Jubal, a Dutch drumcorps. They've been to the USA several times, like in 2006. And in 2012 we're going again :)

Awesome. Always good to meet more corps fans. I marched with the Cadets last year on trumpet, but I'm too old for it now. ][ntamin on these boards is on tour with the Glassmen this summer on mellophone.

I'm not big into drumlines, but I've definitely heard of Jubal. I seem to remember people still talking about them, too.
  • Stanman%s's Photo
    I play Cello for like four years now and got into playing drums lately through Guitar Hero. Gonna buy a drum set end of this year.
  • Marino%s's Photo
    Cool! I also play drumkit besides tenor drum. Just keep in mind that drumming on a drumkit is alot harder than drumming with GH/RB.

I think it's pretty amazing that video games can inspire people to play an instrument :)
  • Dark_Horse%s's Photo
    Ignore the purple shirt...my second favorite guitar, Fender Starcaster:
    Posted Image

I also have a Ibanez Electric, and Takamine acoustic. Pics of those later.
  • Nokia%s's Photo
    braces :twitch:

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading