Music Forum / Minutes to Midnight

• zodiac%s's Photo
    Finally, there is conformation that Linkin Park's new album is coming out May 15th, and is called Minutes to Midnight.
  • ekimmel%s's Photo
    Now I can't get Iron Maiden's "2 Minutes to Midnight" out of my head...
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Yeah can't believe it's finally coming out... actually kinda upped for this. Really dug the first two CD's (ah memories of 9th grade & track... lol), so it'll be interesting to see how the new stuff sounds like.
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    I read that the new album is 'tottally hip-hop' or something along those lines. Which really disappoints me. I've never been a huge fan of LP, infact, i don't even have any of their songs on my itunes, but seeing as they're headlining Download.....

...'totally hip-hop' is not the way to go.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Well here's a live version of QWERTY from a couple months ago... anything but "totally hip-hop[/i] if you ask me...

• zodiac%s's Photo
    ^Yeah, I got that on the LPU 6.0 CD, but it came with the studio version, too :D .

And about the "totally hip-hop" statement, I never thought LP was totally hip-hop, and they say their new album can't really be labeled with a genre, as they're trying to wipe the "nu-metal" look off.

Oh, BTW, if you're too lazy to read the article I put up, the first single, What I've Done, is going to be released on April 2nd.
  • MachChunk 3%s's Photo
    I didn't even know that Linkin Park still existed.
  • hobbes%s's Photo

I didn't even know that Linkin Park still existed.

It has been awhile.
    Meteora came out... 2002? 2003?

Looks it up... "March 25, 2003."
    A 4 year hiatus... interesting.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    They were in some big legal battle with WB or something...

They've released other things since. Like Zodiac said, their LP Underground EP's, and Re-Animation. But nothing original (for the most part)
  • yyo%s's Photo
    Wow, people actually still give a shit about this band?
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    If by "totally hip hop" it ends up sounding like Fort Minor.... Well, then I have no problem with that. :)
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    Hey guys, I'm going to make fun of Linkin Park because that's the trendy thing to do! No, as a matter of fact, I don't remember liking them as part of the trend just a few months before that.
  • Lloyd%s's Photo

Wow, people actually still give a shit about this band?

...Nope :)
  • yyo%s's Photo

Hey guys, I'm going to make fun of Linkin Park because that's the trendy thing to do! No, as a matter of fact, I don't remember liking them as part of the trend just a few months before that.

If you're referring to me, I don't remember ever liking Linkin Park, but ok, I think they suck because I'm trendy and want to impress you all.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo

I think they suck because I'm trendy and want to impress you all.

well you're just a no good douchebag, then, sir.
  • zodiac%s's Photo

They were in some big legal battle with WB or something...

The "big legal battle" was settled in May of last year...

If by "totally hip hop" it ends up sounding like Fort Minor.... Well, then I have no problem with that. :)

Yeah, Fort Minor was pretty good, but LP said the new album was, "unable to be categorized," which I'm not sure it means it'll be good or bad :twitch:

I agree.

500 POSTS!!!!
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    i know right how can anyone not like linkin park.

you guys i am so pumped for this you don't even know.
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    Well then I've got some good news.

Over at LP Times, a 30-second preview of the first single, What I've Done, has been posted.

And it's fucking sweet.

EDIT: Yes, this is legal. And here's the (legal) downloads (only the 30 second clip):

WMA: Here

MP3: Nevermind, the link isn't working.

Edited by zodiac, 12 March 2007 - 04:31 PM.

• yyo%s's Photo

no ur a douschbag!
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    mudhoney sux kthx

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading