Music Forum / Festivals 2007

• J K%s's Photo
    Ok ive just got Tickets to LEEDS FESTIVAL! The lineup looks pretty good with Razorlight, Smashing Pumpkins and The Red Hot Chilli Peppers headlining. Where is everyone else going this year?
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    Still waiting to see if i can get to Download or not, i'll probably leave it out this year, i've got holidays to save for.
  • RRP%s's Photo
    02 wireless,creamfields or possibly fri night at leeds fest depending on lineup.not sure yet all lineups are a bit shit
  • spiderman%s's Photo
    I am going to try my hardest to go to Live Earth

Edited by spiderman, 08 April 2007 - 12:48 PM.

• SenZ%s's Photo
    Dominator Festival (28th of July, Stadpark Groningen, Netherlands)
    Nature One Festival 'Das Dreizehnte Land' (2,3,4,5th of August, Kastellaun, Germany)
    Decibel Outdoor Festival (18th of August, Beekse Bergen, Netherlands)
    Mysteryland (25th of August, Floriade, Netherlands)
    Q-BASE (8th of September, Airport Weeze, Germany)
    A Nightmare Outdoor (15th of September, Binnenmaas, Netherlands)

:D

Edited by SenZ, 29 May 2007 - 04:13 PM.

• Steve%s's Photo
    Going to the WFNX Best Music Poll thing on Landsdowne in Boston on June 6. Bloc Party, Silversun Pickups, The Bravery, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Say Anything, Snowden, Shiny Toy Guns, and The Cinematics will be playing. Sounds like a festival to me.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Lollapalooza

Mostly looking foward to: My Morning Jacket, Pearl Jam, Muse, Modest Mouse, Iggy and the Stooges, Interpol, TV On the Radio, and the Fratellis.

Hopefully they won't overlap... There's like five fuckin' stages after all...

Ride6
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

Going to the WFNX Best Music Poll thing on Landsdowne in Boston on June 6. Bloc Party, Silversun Pickups, The Bravery, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Say Anything, Snowden, Shiny Toy Guns, and The Cinematics will be playing. Sounds like a festival to me.

FNX!!!

Oh man I miss that station. A few years ago they had an affiliate in Providence, that ruled so much. They were always the best alternative station in the area. Then they dropped it down to just the Boston station and the Manchester station and the Providence one turned into fucking sports talk. :( But now the show they have on from about 7-10 pm is so great because it plays all sorts of early 90s indie rock, which is the best genre of music of all time. I listen whenever I'm in the Boston area (and WERS isn't playing anything good).

Unfortunately that festival looks a bit shit to me. Isn't Say Anything an emo band? And also Clap Your Hands got terrible reviews from everyone when they came to Burlington, I didn't go because it was 20 bucks and I refused to pay the same price to see them that I paid to see Sonic Youth.

Edited by Jellybones, 30 May 2007 - 10:23 AM.

• Carl%s's Photo
    Wacken Open Air looks good this year, with All That Remains, Falconer, Iced Earth, Lacuna Coil, Turbonegro, and Type O Negaive (as well as MANY others)
  • Steve%s's Photo

FNX!!!

Oh man I miss that station. A few years ago they had an affiliate in Providence, that ruled so much. They were always the best alternative station in the area. Then they dropped it down to just the Boston station and the Manchester station and the Providence one turned into fucking sports talk. :( But now the show they have on from about 7-10 pm is so great because it plays all sorts of early 90s indie rock, which is the best genre of music of all time. I listen whenever I'm in the Boston area (and WERS isn't playing anything good).

Unfortunately that festival looks a bit shit to me. Isn't Say Anything an emo band? And also Clap Your Hands got terrible reviews from everyone when they came to Burlington, I didn't go because it was 20 bucks and I refused to pay the same price to see them that I paid to see Sonic Youth.

I barely listen to the radio.

Say Anything is probably emo, I haven't heard much from them but my friend wants to see them cause she loves them. CYHSY, I don't care too much about. I might see them, I don't know. I'm mostly paying the $30 for Bloc Party and Silversun Pickups, which isn't bad considering that's like $15 for both of them, whereas I paid $20 just to just see Bloc Party alone last month.
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    Probably Wacken.

"MFG"
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

I barely listen to the radio.

Say Anything is probably emo, I haven't heard much from them but my friend wants to see them cause she loves them. CYHSY, I don't care too much about. I might see them, I don't know. I'm mostly paying the $30 for Bloc Party and Silversun Pickups, which isn't bad considering that's like $15 for both of them, whereas I paid $20 just to just see Bloc Party alone last month.

Well, piss on my parade.
  • Silenced%s's Photo
    shiny toy guns. jesus christ i hate them.
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    acl is going to be amazing this year.
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    Projekt Revolution on August 26th in Hartford. Mainly for Taking Back Sunday, Saosin, Madina Lake, and HIM, but Julien-K and Placebo are supposed to be pretty good, too. Personally, My Chem and LP have grown less on me lately, but I wouldn't mind checking out their older stuff.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    I'd really like to go to Rock am Ring, but I don't have time.
    Maybe going to Wacken, though.
  • Wicksteed%s's Photo
    I'm going to Southside Festival.
    Porcupine Tree and ISIS!
  • w33maniac%s's Photo

Dominator Festival (28th of July, Stadpark Groningen, Netherlands)
    Nature One Festival 'Das Dreizehnte Land' (2,3,4,5th of August, Kastellaun, Germany)
    Decibel Outdoor Festival (18th of August, Beekse Bergen, Netherlands)
    Mysteryland (25th of August, Floriade, Netherlands)
    Q-BASE (8th of September, Airport Weeze, Germany)
    A Nightmare Outdoor (15th of September, Binnenmaas, Netherlands)

:D

Yeah, I wish I lived in the Netherlands too. Have fun in the parties :)
  • RRP%s's Photo
    saw daft punk at 02 wireless yesturday,were shit hot
  • J K%s's Photo
    Nooooo i saw them on TV and they looked soooooo good. I wanna see them so bad!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading