Music Forum / Festivals 2007

• Ride6%s's Photo

I barely listen to the radio.

Say Anything is probably emo, I haven't heard much from them but my friend wants to see them cause she loves them. CYHSY, I don't care too much about. I might see them, I don't know. I'm mostly paying the $30 for Bloc Party and Silversun Pickups, which isn't bad considering that's like $15 for both of them, whereas I paid $20 just to just see Bloc Party alone last month.

Not fair! I want to see Bloc Party dammit!

I'll get to see the Silversun Pickups @ Lollapalooza though.

On the downside the organizers of said Chicago festival are going to make things difficult for me... Bastards lined up Interpol and Muse at the same time on one night and Modest Mouse and My Morning Jacket at another. I'll probably go for Muse and MMJ if it's up to me; however, I'll be in a group of four and if I remember right one of the other kids absolute favorite band is Modest Mouse... And they tour less often. I'll probably be able to catch My Morning Jacket next year... Decisions decisions; no regrets...
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    How about go see which one you want, group of friends be damned?
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo
    Going to warped tour august 26. But a lot of the punk bands which were what the tour started as arent on it like Rancid and Nofx. Some bands there this year I want to see are Bad Religion, Flogging Molly, Pennywise, and Sum 41. Maybe some of the harcore/metalcore bands that there seem to be more of on the tour this year. Ill try to stay away from the emo/power pop whatever shit though which is about half of the tour also. Should be good though
  • Evil WME%s's Photo

saw daft punk at 02 wireless yesturday,were shit hot

I'm seeing them this wednesday here. Should be good :).

And ehh.. i need to get my work at lowlands so i can work morning shifts and miss hardly any of the festival. I might try and work at sensation black, mysteryland.. don't really know yet. Was thinking about giving up on my job a bit, but i'm redebating with myself all the time ;P. My last experience at lowlands was worth a whole year of silly hotel jobs so i better be able to work there again in a similar manner. (roughly, working from 7-3, going back to camping, showering/clothes, be at the festival 4.30..)
  • RRP%s's Photo
    Make sure you take something hallucinogenic with you whether it be smoke,tabs or excitement because the light show is immense. Cant say ive ever seen strobing third world country images on a massive screen before or djs mixing in space (you'll know what i mean when you see it)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading