Custom Scenery Exchange / My Bench Project

• Magnus%s's Photo
    Some objects probably didn't export correctly. Mainly user created rides are creating this problem.
    What you are looking for is a file called JASUPBLK.DAT
    Go here and you might be able to find it. You are probably missing some more objects. Just use the letters showing in the error message and search for an *.DAT with that name.
    Put the files to your objdata folder inside the Rollercoaster Tycoon directory and it should work.

If it doesn't work out someone can probably sent the files to you.

Edit:
    You probably didn't copy the files from the OBJDATA folder in the download to your objdata folder aswell. Which made this probably occure in the first place.
  • bl665%s's Photo
    Hey It worked no worries now i just have to get that other program to work :D

Edited by bl665, 13 December 2007 - 10:35 PM.

• woofenskid%s's Photo
    Why on earth was the road tab not included?
  • Levis%s's Photo
    its in the folder I believe but not in the bench because of object limits
  • woofenskid%s's Photo
    nope.
    it's not in here.
    it depresses me.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    How come your game has than random treeing button? Mine used to, but then it magically disappeared and it's actually very useful if I can remember right.

Does it have to do with the objects, or what?
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    ^ the "treeing button" is only available while you are in the Scenario Editor.
  • ChillerHockey33%s's Photo
    I wish that was added into a version of 8Cars, much like the Mountain tool was made available.
  • woofenskid%s's Photo
    I wish i had that road tab.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    For anyone that is interested here is a copy of the latest bench I have compiled. Has some new goodies in it that hopefully you will find useful.

Download here: http://rapidshare.co..._v1_geewhzz.zip
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    ^ Awesome, downloading now.

EDIT: Good stuff again geewhzz. I've only just got used to using your last one though, so i'll stick with that for now :p

Edited by Lloyd, 15 February 2008 - 09:27 AM.

• Doriguin%s's Photo
    neat.

Edited by Doriguin, 07 September 2008 - 03:10 PM.

• Leo%s's Photo
    thanks a lot for this.

One question though I'm new to the game and I was wondering how I could attach these objects to another scenarios I did in the editor ?
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    You can load the saved game up in the editor and they'll be selected.

Download the bench in my signature, it's even more up to date. Or download the H2H5 bench which is even better: http://www.nedesigns...ad-5-rct2-bench
  • Leo%s's Photo
    Do I need anything special installed in my game?
    Because I tried to open the one of the previous benche in my scenario editor and I crashed with an Acess violation error?

Also am I correct in putting the files in the objdata folder under my game?
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    Yes, if new scenery imports and the game crashes, just load the file again. This always happens when the game imports new scenery.
  • Leo%s's Photo
    thanks a lot it worked.

Just another stupid question, what is the huge scrolling sign strucure for ? I don't understand
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    The game has a limit on how many banners you can have in your park. Sometimes players will get a bug in their park where they can't build any more banners because the data limit is reached, but they don't have the maximum amount in their parks. This is to prevent that, just delete one as you need one.
  • Leo%s's Photo
    ah ok thank you :)

I have another question if you could help me.

I downloaded the last stable version of 8 cars per train 1.302 but it does not work apparently. Could it be my version of the game doing that?

Also I noticed that plenty of items are colorable this is very nice but in my case I'm a newb so I'd prefer to use the default colors for the trees for example, is it possible to do that? Or do I have to select a color that is close to what could be possible?
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    1.302 works great for me and most everybody. I'm not sure on that one, you could try asking Kumba, I know he's big on using a slightly older version of 8cars.

As for the trees, they are multi-tile ( large scenery ) so if you want the default colors or default trees you have 2 options.

1) remove small scenery you don't like and add back in the game's default ones.
    2) find other people's versions of the multi-tile trees that aren't colorable.

Personally I'd just get used to the colorable trees. There are a few different shades of green that really can give a park a different feel.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading