Music Forum / This is 'cause I'm hot.

• Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    Seriously, what the fuck, America? This song makes baby Jesus cry.
    In other news, this song has been proven to be factual: http://www.villagevo...a,76021,22.html
  • spiderman%s's Photo
    That song is horrible.

Rap music tends to have the worst lyrics around.
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    ha. i should listen to get a kick.
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    Though I am a huge fan of hip-hop/rap, i gotta say this song (and album) is horrific. All of this main stream, money-making hip hop stuff really is a disgrace to the genre. Seriously this song is one of thousands of horrible rap songs that are out there. For real this songs are all over the radio these days (why i don't listen to it much).

Lyrically this song is by far one of the worst: the rhyme-schemes, punchlines, and word play were all forced and lack any thought at all. Really I can't point at M.I.M.S. solely for this horrible track, it just seems like he was trying to fit his rhymes in to blend with all the other terrible mainstream rappers like Jim Jones, Yung Joc, DJ Unk, and Pretty Ricky.

The beat of this song is the only part I am not complaining about it. When I hear this song come on at a party or at a club it really does not bother me because its a pretty good song as far as dancing. Still I never would listen to this beat for solely listening purposes.

If you really feel like that about rap lyrics, I would suggest you listening to some underground rap like Jedi Mind Tricks, Aesop Rock, The Cunninlynguists, and Immortal Technique. Or maybe even just listen to some of the greats in the hip hop history like 2Pac, Nas, Talib Kweli, or KRS-One

Overall, this joint makes me embarrassed to say I am a hip-hop/rap listener.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    But seriously guys, he can sell a million saying nothin' on the track.

But seriously guys, he can sell a million saying nothin' on the track.

Just like in Putie Tang!

That movie would be unwatchable if it weren't for Wanda Sykes and Chris Rock.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    Rofl, yeah I remember that.....pretty terrible movie cept for Dirty D and certain jokes by Chris Rock. The guy in the gorilla suit on the job! lol.

It's the kind of candy, that you smoke, out of a pipe.
  • spiderman%s's Photo

If you really feel like that about rap lyrics, I would suggest you listening to some underground rap like Jedi Mind Tricks, Aesop Rock, The Cunninlynguists, and Immortal Technique. Or maybe even just listen to some of the greats in the hip hop history like 2Pac, Nas, Talib Kweli, or KRS-One

Overall, this joint makes me embarrassed to say I am a hip-hop/rap listener.

I just looked at some Jedi Mind Tricks lyrics.

My opinion still stands.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

That song is horrible.

Iron Maiden, however, are lyrical geniuses.
  • spiderman%s's Photo

Iron Maiden, however, are lyrical geniuses.

But of course.

"Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter" should stand as the greatest lyrical work ever.
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    Humble pie, lol
  • ekimmel%s's Photo

But of course.

"Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter" should stand as the greatest lyrical work ever.

That song is mostly just tongue-in-cheek humor. I would hope that most people would pick up on that.

As for rap music... Everything they play on the radio here has stupid lyrics. It's what all the teenagers are listening to. Sadly. They won't branch out and discover alternate types of rap that do have smart lyrics. That's probably because it's not cool to be smart, but that's a whole different societal issue.
  • spiderman%s's Photo

That song is mostly just tongue-in-cheek humor. I would hope that most people would pick up on that.

I was just kidding. I hate that song.
  • trav%s's Photo
    I'm hot. It's boiling outside :(.

I haven't even heard of the song though.
  • ekimmel%s's Photo

Seriously, what the fuck, America? This song makes baby Jesus cry.

Basically, American radio is full of no-talent ass clowns. Go down the Top 100 records in America right now and you'll find 5 that rule, 10-15 that are decent, and 80 that suck donkey balls. It's pathetic. Rap is worst offender but I hear plenty of bad country, bad emo, and bad nu-metal.

If the general public here would stop acting like sheep and buying what the record labels and radio stations force feed us then things might be a little different.
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    ^I totally agree. Sadly, the thing with mainstream radio and TV that play most of this crap is if you get a lot of publicity, you most likely suck, with a few exceptions thrown in there. The bands that never really achive that "well-known" status most likely will have a better, more unique sound. Which brings up another point: it's on the radio because it sounds the same as fucking everything else on the radio. Pop, rap, dance, even (sadly) rock are played on mainstream radio because it's the general sound the public are used to. However, those with musical taste will branch away from that in favor of a different sound, something more unique.
  • gir%s's Photo
    OH the irony
  • spiderman%s's Photo

bad nu-metal.

There is such thing as good nu-metal?

and also

OH the irony

hahah i know. zodiac I must say, how can you bash mainstream music, and mainstream rock especially when you are clearly decked out in Linkin Park stuff here?
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    ... I did mention "exceptions", although LP is probably only in my opinion.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading