(Archive) Advertising District / Dump-Place

• RCT2day%s's Photo
    ^I agree with Ruben on both pictures.

djbrace: nice colors and interaction but landscaping has to be a priority in making that screen better. I'm assuming it wasn't finished?
    enigma: Ruben makes a good point, it's not very natural and the flowers are pretty random. I would expand the waterfall to use that space where you have the flowers to add color and make it interesting.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    DJbrace you're on the right track. Something I really like about the composition of the screen.
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    DJ, I assume that's the park your working om with coup and the other guys?

-Josh
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Great few screens guys. :mantis:
  • nin%s's Photo
    Neat screens both of you.

djbrcace1234, the colors are stale as everyone's said. I'd love to see some low lying foliage at the under the Schwarzkopf though, would look good for both rides.

enigma, I like it a lot. I think you should turn much of the dirt/grass to just grass as it'd brighten up everything and make it look cleaner, but overall I'm pleased as to what you've been doing with that park.
  • RctAddict%s's Photo
    Thoughts? Not sure about the rocks, but I don't want to put a fence either.Attached Image: SCR1.png
  • Ling%s's Photo
    I quite like the feel of it, but I think the flower colors clash with each other, I think the wall-to-roof texture transition is clunky and unrefined, and the weird 3x3 grid going on in your paths is just distracting. I would break it up into something that more properly fits into the space, like maybe 2x2s or just simple 1x1 concrete slabs. The rocks and the gazebo look fine as they are. No fence needed.
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    Pro: The screen is very neat and I really like the Gazebo

Con: The large amount of grey path is depressing, and real shake roofs aren't pink.
  • SixFlagsTexas1994%s's Photo
    yeah the pathway for most Six Flags parks (i assume that's what it is) in the entrance is more inviting than the rest of the parks. Despite what has already been said, why no fence?
  • Ruben%s's Photo
    Pink and red don't go together, unless they're supposed to clash. In this case I think that's not what you're going for with the flowers, so maybe experiment a bit more with those? Another small detail: Why is the top of the brickwork blue? Is it supposed to represent a water basin or something? It looks very forced IMO.

Next to these details it looks very clean, and I quite like it. The Gazebo looks great and the foliage/rocks are very appropriate I think. Only thing is most tree trunks aren't really green...

(P.s. Maybe some more American pride? Sure you can fit more american flags in that screen (A) )
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    djbrace1234 that is lovely.
  • posix%s's Photo
    Addict, good start. Consider breaking up the paths with more complexity. You chose a very strong grey concrete looking path that has very basic shapes (squares (with sometimes rounded edges)) cut out from it. I think even just a tree somewhere in there would do it well, or some gardens in a 4x1 square "stripe".
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    On an unrelated note, I'd really like to see some work by you again, posix! Just came to my mind =)
  • ivo%s's Photo
    Posted Image
  • Faas%s's Photo
    I reckon the 'shopping' of this picture took more time than actually stacking those few walls on each other and taking a screen of it.
  • Ling%s's Photo
    That looks more like Photobucket just being a useless piece of shit.
  • SoCalCoasters%s's Photo
    Experimenting in RCT3 for a future project.

A compact slide complex:

Posted Image
  • Dark_Horse%s's Photo
    I think the catch pool needs to be longer.
  • SoCalCoasters%s's Photo

I think the catch pool needs to be longer.

The length is fine in terms of peepablility.

Done a bit more work. I'm experimenting with a large scale water park type of environment.

Posted Image
  • Mattk48%s's Photo
    i like it. you should have all those slides sitting on a huge hill/mountain. change some of the colors

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading