Music Forum / Trance/Electronica/Techno

• Jellybones%s's Photo
    I like Aphex Twin, actually. Although, I really only like his early ambient stuff, and Drukqs. That area where he was just putting together all sorts of abrasive and scary sounds and yelling I WILL EAT YOUR SOUL or whatever was pretty unfortunate.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo

you're music experts.
    really.

friggin all of you.

now PLEASE go on, it's too good.

You know, Phil, if we're being narrow minded and conceited about things we enjoy, perhaps you should join in. We both know it's one of your old pasttimes
  • Regulatin%s's Photo

You know, Phil, if we're being narrow minded and conceited about things we enjoy, perhaps you should join in. We both know it's one of your old pasttimes

:lol:
  • RRP%s's Photo
    vitalic is nice
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    vitalic is about the last thing i'd name trance, though.

but it is nice.
  • RRP%s's Photo
    true,personally id class it as techno.Dance genre are so hard to classify
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    @ jelly- i write D&B in 3/4, 9/16, and 7/8, thank you very much.

then again, i also don't think much of Adagio for Strings. i like the original much better. if someone remixes Vivaldi's Four Seasons well i'll be a happy happy man.

Edited by ][ntamin22, 03 May 2007 - 06:48 PM.

• spiderman%s's Photo

@ jelly- i write D&B in 3/4, 9/16, and 7/8, thank you very much.

do you write stuff that just kinda...ends up in those time signatures? or do you force it so that you can say you do?

cause too many people do that
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    speaking of writing music, this kid who graduated last year wrote an orchestral score for a coheed song for his senior project. it was fucking crazy.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    i'll admit i forced the 9/16.
    the 7/8 and 3/4 were just beats i had. mostly just ended up in that time signature- the 7/8 was a 6/8 measure of ascending eigth notes that i added an extra beat to.. it has a 3/4 feel. i have multiple 3/4 songs, mostly based on a LRL RLR pattern. as in like hi-hat bass hi-hat, bass hi-hat bass.
  • RRP%s's Photo
    † by justice is also very nice
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    So I just came back from this thing called "Beneath the Streets", right. Run by people called "The Warehouse Project". Basically, they got this World War Two air raid bunker underneath Manchester Picadilly train station, packed 2000 people in there, and then got Soulwax and 2 Many DJs to play. It was a pretty fucking great night, even though I probably wouldn't listen to that music by myself.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    ^ proof that Ohio needs more air-raid bunkers
  • RRP%s's Photo
    went to see 'the glimmers' last night they played minimal techno,house and electro and were amazing, recommended

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading