Theme Park Discussion / SFKK Accident

• deanosrs%s's Photo

bitch probably deserved it

I'm sorry, the "it's cool to be mean" thing expired a few years ago when git stopped posting.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    you're right. my post was in poor taste and i apologize for it.
  • Video_Kid%s's Photo
    Well, you never know with all the fucked up people in this world, she could've been a bitch. But we don't know, so I'll have my respect to her and her family.

She was two feet away from dying.
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo
    Yeah...that must have sucked. Just looking at that picture of the broken cable with all those metal wires sticking out hurts. Nice job maintatining your rides Sixflags
  • Video_Kid%s's Photo
    If the family of the girl was to sue, who would be sued? SFKK or Intamin or someone else?
  • eman%s's Photo
    Intamin would likely be the one to get sued, though Six Flags could get caught up in the mix if it was in fact a matter of poor maintenance. I think what will probably happen is the girl's family will sue Six Flags initially, and Six Flags will immediately deflect blame onto Intamin, at which point it will be up to Intamin to either say yea its our fault, or in turn blame Sixflags for poor maintenance of a ride that is fine by design. These kinds of cases usually just come down to an out of court cash settlement by the park and/or manufacturer, so thats what I expect this to come down to as well. It will just be a matter of who's paying for it.
  • Leonardofury%s's Photo
    I suspect sueing will wait until the accident report has been posted. After they have decided who is to blame (poor maintainaance or poor design), then the legal action can be aimed at the right person.
  • Highball%s's Photo
    If anyone was to be sued, it should/would be Six Flags. I have no idea how old this ride is, but from what I understand, once the ride manufacturer installs the ride and turns operation of it over to the park, it is then their responsibility to inspect and maintain the ride. This would fault Six Flags for the accident, and not Intamin.

I truly feel for this girl. Having what was supposed to be a fun day with friends turn into an event that will affect you for the rest of your life has to be absolutely terrible. I really hope everything turns out as ok as it can.
  • krohn%s's Photo
    This all reminds me of a death sequence in Final Destination..the whole idea of a cable cord wrapping around a girl's leg then cutting it off immediatly makes me think of the movie.

On CNN it says the girl is 16 years old...not 13...strange

http://www.cnn.com/2...=rss_topstories

A cord wrapped around the 16-year-old's feet and severed them at her ankles while she was on the "Superman Tower of Power," a police dispatcher said. The girl was taken to a local hospital.
  • Video_Kid%s's Photo
    Don't trust CNN!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's a poll on the left of that page that reads
    "Do you fear for your safety on amusement-park rides?"
    Yes---------------------63% 54776 votes
    No----------------------37% 32663 votes
    Total-------------------100% 87439 votes

Edited by Video_Kid, 24 June 2007 - 09:18 PM.

• Jellybones%s's Photo
    Why does that poll mean we should not trust CNN? I do not understand.
  • krohn%s's Photo
    ^He said that because CNN's coverage was wrong about the girl being 13..they say she was 16...not 13...so he is saying that you shouldn't trust CNN because of that.
  • Video_Kid%s's Photo
    yeah, my post should've been split up.

Edited by Video_Kid, 24 June 2007 - 09:19 PM.

• Jellybones%s's Photo
    Ah.
    Yes, what a terrible detail to get wrong, surely the entire story rests on a difference of three years.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Yeah, but it hurts your credibility to get facts wrong. It's like if Kumba wrote the greatest sports opinion article in the history of the universe, only he wrote it the way he normally writes stuff... without spellchecking. :p
  • Javelin%s's Photo

bitch probably deserved it

This 13 year old will never walk again.....yeah she deserved it alright

....fucking idiot
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    woah ho ho, i wouldn't go around tossing words like 'never' and 'fucking' like you did, that's just unnecessary.

besides i apologized for my post, did you not see it?

also she probably will walk again so shut the hell up kid.
  • sfgadv02%s's Photo

If anyone was to be sued, it should/would be Six Flags. I have no idea how old this ride is, but from what I understand, once the ride manufacturer installs the ride and turns operation of it over to the park, it is then their responsibility to inspect and maintain the ride. This would fault Six Flags for the accident, and not Intamin.

I truly feel for this girl. Having what was supposed to be a fun day with friends turn into an event that will affect you for the rest of your life has to be absolutely terrible. I really hope everything turns out as ok as it can.

The ride opened in 1995... cable was not replaced since then.
  • Javelin%s's Photo

woah ho ho, i wouldn't go around tossing words like 'never' and 'fucking' like you did, that's just unnecessary.

besides i apologized for my post, did you not see it?

I don't give a fuck whether or not you apologized, I'm still gonna give you shit for it

and umm....

So fucking retarded....
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    seriously? are you honestly doing this.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading