Pro Tour 3 / PT3 Screens

• Kumba%s's Photo
    If you have a screen if your PT3 please read these rules and them consider posting it.

Rules:

- Only 1 screen per entry may be posted. The only exception will be at a Fiesta where you also may only post 1 screen.
    - It must be zoomed all the way in.
    - If you post a screen, but then cancel that entry and re-start you can post again.

-Failure to follow these rules may result in disqualification from the contest!-

Post Examples of PT Screen topics: (but expect a lot of dead links)

Pro Tour 1
    Pro Tour 2
  • Ling%s's Photo
    Awesome, now I can see how much I can expect to get the shit beat out of me. Once I get back home to a more "stable" computer I'll work some more and show off something small (almost done with one... thing)
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    Surprise?!?!
    Ill start the screen show. I figured since I really only intended to show one area of my entry, and that area is basically almost complete, that Id go ahead and get it out the way. Before I explain what it is, here is the screen (somewhat sloppy in places as parts are unfinished).

Posted Image

Attractions in this screen:
    - Flying Rainbow: TOGO Standup RollerCoaster (One inversion).
    - Nirvana: Custom themed Ferris Wheel
    - Tree Hugger: Wild Mouse
    - Space Cats: Cat Ride.

Now for the explanation of what the hell this screen is? Its a hippie village, more or less, situated in a large and dense forest setting. It serves as the parks entrance. Now you may ask, what kind of park is Fatha cooking up? The park name as of now is "Altered Wonderland," but that may change as I contemplate better names. And you guess it, the park is themed around drugs. The park is setup in four areas: Hippie land (What you see above), Mushroom Land, Ecstasy Land, and Weed Land. Each land is themed around a certain aspect of drugs...the Hippie Land is obviosuly themed around the popular culture of drugs and serves as a representation of society's portrayal of drugs. The Mushroom land is themed to a shroom trip, the Ecstasy land is themed to a E trip, and the Weed land is themed to a weed trip. I wont release anymore details as to the different nature of the areas outside of Hippie Land, so let your imagination run wild. One word of caution, however as far as any of you speculating, the nature of the park is actually rather serious, and its not the kind of drug park thats made to "mock" them...the atmospheres of each area are created based upon my experiences with each drug (yes, ive tried all three) and will closely represent a trip of each drug respectively.

The parks basic setup is this: You enter into an area that portrays what society says about drugs and such, and thus you enter into a more realistic setting (the screen you see above). Once you pass this area, you enter into a sort of portal area (three different paths are available, one to each drug area), and thats all ill say about that portal area. The portal area represents the moment in which u take the drug, and you choose one path into a certain drug area and start your "trip." Each area will only be connected to the park by the portal (meaning the E area cant connect to the shrooms area, and vice versa). The difference between the Hippie Area and the other three drug areas will be extreme, and you really wont be able to compare one area to the other despite them being in a similar setting (dense forest). Itll truly be like comparing Ghost Cell Crisis to Watkins Woods...and possibly even more extreme of a comparison is needed than that. The drug areas will be unlike anything you have ever seen, you might not even know what to think when you look at them because theyll be THAT strange.

Well, thats all im gonna say.
    Enjoy the teaser.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Fatha' for Parkmaker!

Oh wait...
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    We're screwed.
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    We're all doomed. My entry doesn't hold a half melted birthday candle to that insanity and creativity.
  • Fr3ak%s's Photo
    WOW!
    It looks so fucking good ^^
    And the idea is genious.

If you could smoke RCT2 savegames, that would be the best stuff! :p
  • Ling%s's Photo
    Good idea, very original, but I really don't like that screen... it looks all disjointed (in a bad way that cuts the theme down a notch) and the random "detail" (the really small 1/32nd tile blocks on the right side of that Herbal Remedies building) looks horrible. The coasters look good, but I there isn't too much to see.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Just trying to keep our hopes up, are we Ling?
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo

Good idea, very original, but I really don't like that screen... it looks all disjointed (in a bad way that cuts the theme down a notch) and the random "detail" (the really small 1/32nd tile blocks on the right side of that Herbal Remedies building) looks horrible. The coasters look good, but I there isn't too much to see.

Actually Ling, those aren't 1/32nd tile blocks. They're 1/64th tile blocks. And, as if those weren't small enough, there are also 1/256th tile blocks which are referred to as fence posts. Why would you ever want to make a block so small that it can't allow for texture?

Edited by Ge-Ride, 19 July 2007 - 04:19 PM.

• Emergo%s's Photo
    Now, I love this theme you have chosen......really a great one!

Cannot wait to see Lucy in the Sky etc... (but I'll have to wait, for you already used your screen....)

On the screen: maybe it should have even more flowers, for, at least here in Amsterdam, the Hippie-time also was a lot of "Flower-Power"....

Anyway, lots of fun, cannot wait to see the rest and....have a nice building trip...... :biggrin:

Emergo
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Best idea for a park ever. I really cant wait to see it.
    -JDP
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    I think I have a general understanding of what's going on here. But I don't find it particularly excellent. It's almost too dense, choking out any atmosphere other than the complexity and chaos of it all; however if I'm going to challenge this I'm going to have to step up my game in terms of detail. Right now I'm playing the game like it's a couple years ago, certainly not with the OMG OMG OMG level of tiles thrown everywhere that seems to be expected.

Ah well. I like the ferris wheel and the Togo seems awesome (just the fact that you built a Togo is awesome), but eveything else is rather "eh"; it feels like you're trying too hard.

Ride6
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    you guys magnus had that idea like two years ago.

get with the times, fatha.
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    Might as well. Helps you all see how much I'll get crushed.

Posted Image

Drop on Infinite, B&M Flyer.
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    Emergo, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds will not be in this park. LSD is not one of the drugs.
  • Ling%s's Photo
    @Gwazi: no... It's just my opinion on how the screen is

@Ge-Ride: I was just estimating... but okay

@Ride6: (the first paragraph) that is exactly what I'm doing. Not trying to be all fancy-spend-months-on-the-park-forcing-out-detail. Using my own style on this one.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    :p
  • eman%s's Photo
    Ling, I didnt know you had it in you. You basically hit the nail on the head...while I do appreciate some of the little touches and details Fatha, the whole screen does appear quite disjointed, and as Ling said the detailing is far too random for me. I love the theming idea as a whole and the ideas behind it though, and Im looking forward to seeing the other areas. I just hope the future work appears more refined and less random.

Edited by eman, 19 July 2007 - 10:31 PM.

• Ride6%s's Photo

@Ride6: (the first paragraph) that is exactly what I'm doing. Not trying to be all fancy-spend-months-on-the-park-forcing-out-detail. Using my own style on this one.

I wasn't referring to you, I was talking about Fatha's screen. Wait, you posted a screen?

As for the new one from Zodiac I think it shows how you're not grasping the use of the map here. You don't really have enough space to fill with water and trees. Not to say that my park doesn't have water (it does, quite a lot more than I'd like to admit) or trees... But the coaster layouts in a Pro Tour park are going to have to weave themselves into the theming and pathing layout or else they simply take up too much space that could've been used for more eye candy.

Other than the general lack of that^ there's really nothing wrong with your screen, Zodiac...

Ride6

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading