Pro Tour 3 / PT3 Screens

• Fatha'%s's Photo
    Responding to some comments:

>Six Frags
    If your referring to my screen as well in terms of spoiling my entry, TRUST ME, that screen right there shows nothing of what 75% of the rest of this park is going to be like. What ive shown in that screen you youve seen before in RCT2 in others works, what youll see when this is released is NOTHING like youve ever seen before. Like I said before, its like comparing Watkins Woods to Cydonia City, the variation between that screen and the three drug areas will be that extreme. Whether or not you like it I dont know, but it will impress you all.

>Emergo, Lucas, And others about "Density" issues
    You need to realize that the density of this area is like so because of the base theme I have for this....Its a dense forest. Every dense forest theme has had some congestions (Erwindale Forest, Phatage's Jungle area in BGS, etc etc). In order to create a proper forest atmosphere, the area must look dense. As far as path space (more towards you Lucas), the path space is actually fine in my eyes. Most areas of the park contain 4 tile wide pathing more or less, which is MORE than enough for a actual theme park. I believe the screen looks so dense to you guys is because of the vertical elements and their height, which make it seem like the area is crowded, but if you were to stand and explore this park (like Emergo hinted at), then density and space (or lack thereof) wouldn't be an issue. Again this is all being built from a peep's perspective. Also, the covering of some parts of the area force you to rotate and look at the park at other angles, which uncover other little unique things you can discover. It all forces you to look at the park and explore it more thoroughly in the end, which is why I think Phatage's BGS was successful.

Fisch:
    Your screen looks good for a boardwalk, but the question is how are you going to incorporate the "theme park" aspect into your entry?
  • Steve%s's Photo
    I haven't read any of the comments about Fatha's screen [because there are a lot of them and to be honest I'm just lazy and don't feel like reading them right now], so forgive me if I reiterate anything that's already been said. The thing about your screenshot Fatha is that I feel it lacks substance. I see one building there. One LEGIT building, with actual wall pieces and everything. The rest is just scenery pieces [which by the way look entirely all custom. I cannot spot more than 3 original game pieces], that come off as filler to me, but could very well be considered 'theming' I guess. It just doesn't seem like a park to me like your previous works. The ideas, however, are exceptional. Again, sorry if I repeated anyone.

Fisch, I'm in love with your park already. That's a theme I've been personally trying to attempt in secret for awhile and you've seemed to captured it almost the same way I envisioned it. I did happen to catch Fatha's little note on "how you will turn it into a park", and I must admit I'm curious too. You need to take a step of caution while playing with this theme. I'm expecting this area of your park to have little or no rides, unless you know a good way to do it. I feel that South Beach Amusements did it nearly right, but I still wasn't convinced. Basically what I'm getting at is be careful with your coasters; I'm horrible at articulating.

Again, sorry if I repeated anyone. All the work posted so far looks lovely.
  • postit%s's Photo
    I'm mad at you Fatha'. You spoiled the surprise. I'm not saying that the RCT work is bad...but I'm kind of sad that probably one of my most anticipated parks is not going to wow me with the surprise factor. Oh well. I'm not going to comment on what I think about it. I like how you've recently been working at fitting in a whole bunch of rides, and you've done a fantastic job at not making it seemed as crammed as it could. Yet there's a part of me that wishes you would spread things out a bit. I understand it's the PT, though. So keep on trucking.

To lucas: I'll echo everyone else. Be careful about spacing and land usage. Also, I think that the layout may be a bit shoddy, but if it works for you, keep it.

Fisch: wow. nice work. let's see some rides. but wonderful architectural work, though I can see it getting boring soon if you continue to reuse the same deco pieces like you have.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    god damn fast builders =P

Fatha'- while I understand what you're going for as far as perspective goes the way its done and the way its viewed just makes it look a little flat and hollow... the more I look at this screen the more I like it but I have a long way to go before I truly love it... tho I'm pretty sure this is the type of park that will impress when viewed (if I just saw a screen of Phatages' custom tree area then I would of felt the same way.... but I love that park as a whole tho and I'm sure I'll love yours...)

good theme choice as well... I'm behind the times on rct2 but the only real memorable ones I remember like it were mantis' area in CoD and I guess magnus' last year

zodiac- good start man... that coaster looks pretty good... although that first drop looks a little forced (in a "let's see how curvy we can make this shit" kinda way)... its surroundings are nice as are the supports.... it all comes together very pleasantly but can it sustain itself for a full park?... I guess only time will tell

Fish- well its a very solid screen... overall probably close to the best so far in its own terms but looking at those buildings really shows one main flaw... those entrances... the way every building includes a large arch with that red path just puts me off somehow... I'd love to see some small open doors and such... still very well done boardwalk and one of the best executed I've seen so far.... those buildings ooze a certain charm

and it seems like you're done but a modern pier supported woodie would kick ass...
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    >Steve
    Yes there arent that many buildings in that screen, but its actually quite a decieving angle. More areas of this entry area have more buildings, and the area as a whole (just going from memory) has bout 6-7 buildings in it. The angle shown here really is just a shot of the area with little buildings (and lots of attractions). Again its just the angle your looking at, there really are more buildings in the area than their appears to be. As for it being a park, well yes its different then anything ive ever done and when you see it, you really might not believe I built it because it probably will end up resembling Mala work moreso than Fatha work (Meaning youd prolly expect Mala to do something like this instead of me). But, this is a functional theme park and im building it in the exact same manner im building my scenario park...only difference is im not opening the park until its finished. It has all the food shops, it has all the attractions, and all the amenities that a normal theme park would have....only difference is the theming concept, which is totally unrealistic for a real theme park.

EDIT..Steve also, after looking at the screen again I think part of the problem with the buildings are that some are pretty unfinished (meaning I havnt added walls yet)....two of them are the one behind the ferris wheel and the one at top left....both of those are suppose to have some walls.

>Postit
    Again, trust me, you have noooooooooooooooooooooo idea how different each drug area is going to be from this. The surprise factor is going to be AMPLIFIED, because you might go in expecting the entire park to look like this screenshot but when you see the rest of the park its just going to blow your mind because of how different it is. As I explained in my initial post, this area is representative of society's perceptions and pop culture regarding drugs, and the actual drug areas are "drug trips." Meaning they are far far far far more strange and different than this entry area. Just wait, when its released youll see why showing this screen really showed you nothing at all.

>OLE
    Yes, it actually does look better in game and the comparison to Phatage's area with custom trees is pretty much spot on. When viewing it in game the atmosphere is very very immersive, and the area as a whole is much more engaging than it appears in the screenshot....Most of the magic occurs in this area when listening to the music and viewing the rides (Like flying rainbow for instance) interact with the area. All of this really can't be captured in a screenshot.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    I am pretty disappointed to see you have posted all that info Fatha. I know it did not ruin anything for me, but now your entry will be much less of a surprise then most of the others and I think this might even hurt with the judges. The screen itself is great, no real beefs with it. I like how you work in so many rides.

Ling your entry is looking decent so far. Good luck with it.

Fisch you may be in the led now. That stuff is great and I like the art-deco kinda look it has atm.

I don't intend to start my entry till next month, but I'll hook you guys up with a small screen once I do something misleading ;)
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    Well, looks like I'm boned...

I might end up restarting the whole project. Hey, if I restart before I post a pic of my previous park, can I still post 2 pics? Or is that pushing it.

BTW, nice screen Fisch! My favorite so far, simply because it looks soooooooo realistic!
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Fisch - Nice. Very nice. The best screen out of the three shown, I hope you end far up in the results table.

:D
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    Fatha, I will be particularly interested into how you pull of the Ecstacy area, as I think that would be one of the hardest things to pull of in RCT. I find the feeling hard to describe, let alone put into RCT!
  • Fisch%s's Photo
    @SF:
    Thx. I know that it would be very unlikely that I'll get a higher place than Fatha' but let's see. Everything is possible on our earth!
    Also I have to thank you for your nice explanation and I think parks with a lot of architecture always have to be rated good if the architecture is on a high level, so I could have a pretty good chance if I'll be able to execute the architecture as good as it is on this screen.

@Emergo:
    Thanks, too. I've really forgot to think of the peeps' view in this park but you're right. Maybe I'll add some things to the lower walls.
    Also thanks for the comment to what six frags said.
    BTW, I'll answer tomorrow since I was away for nearly the whole day!

@Lucas92:
    Thank you!

@Fatha':
    Your note is true. Nobody could ever think of a ride that is themed to those buildings.
    But it's not that hard at all. The most attractions of the boardwalk will most likely be indoor like a 3d cinema ect. and I don't think that I have to theme this that much.
    The main attractions will be in the other areas you can find in this park.

@Steve:
    Oh you really seem to like my style. You always gave me veeery nice comments ( fiesta topics, my solo ect. ) and I think if I'll be able to be at the top10 in this Pro Tour I'll maybe ask you If you'd like to do something together with me but hey...let's see. ;D
    Thanks for your comment so far and as I told SF, there will be only a few indoor rides in this area but maybe a big surprise, too? :)

@postit:
    Thank you, too.
    Since I've shown my screen already I won't be able to show any rides till there will be the next fiesta..
    Also architecture and landscaping are definately my strong points so I always do parks with A LOT of architecture and much some landscaping, too but as I want to build a realistic theme park I never make too much of landscaping.

@OLE:
    Thx, too.
    Nice to hear something about it from a friend from RCT Majesty. Great that you like it.
    I know that those entrances look all the same and your idea isn't bad at all. Maybe I'll replace some of the arches with doors.
    But what's that bad about the fact that the pier has wooden supports since it's made of wood?!

@Kumba:
    Wow, that truely means a lot to me and I mean who wouldn't like to hear that in the PT finals.
    Seems as if I'll have good chances if the other areas have the same quality that this one has.
    So watch out, guys...Fisch 's on tha way! :lol:
    What I meant was, "thanks Kumba for your comment"! :)

@Xin:
    Thank you!

@Pineapple:
    Thank you, too, man. I'm sorry that you didn't got in and hope you'll be able to finnish your area in the secret Majesty park, soon! :)

Fisch
  • Emergo%s's Photo

>OLE
    Yes, it actually does look better in game and the comparison to Phatage's area with custom trees is pretty much spot on.

^Yep... :lol:

Emergo: post Jul 20 2007, 11:43 PM
    "It also reminds me a lot of Phatage's last and so great PT-winning park BGS: the peep-experience, the fact that it is not pure "beauty" to look at, but focussed on experiences of RCT-peeps and ideas about that, the custom trees (which in Phatage's park you had to peel away to see what amazing things they covered)....."

Maybe make sure it does not too much remind us of Phatage's park.... though I'm sure you can give it your own originality....and I'll be looking forward veeeery much to the final result (though much less to all explanations aforehand.... :lol:)

Emergo :biggrin:
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    Metropole:
    For me, the E area is the easiest one to pull off, cant really get into it much more without spoiling the area. So far im thinkin the shrooms area will be hardest to do (and most time consuming).

Kumba:
    Just gotta trust me, the surprise factor is definitely going to be there.

Emergo:
    Wont look so much like Phatage's area, its a little less dense.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Your screen sucks, Stefon. :p I should counter with a Straight Edge park, just for kicks. :lol:
  • ekimmel%s's Photo
    Looking like it's going to be another solid ProTour...
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    Since I restarted my entry, I'm allowed to show another picture right?
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Yeah.
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    Okay.

Posted Image
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    Looks quite nice, i imagine with the surroundings finished it'll look good. Just make sure you change the land texture beneath the path, and i don't think that the small trees look good. Throw in another colour, nice little screen though. Good from a peeps POV which i think people are forgetting about, after all, these are theme parks, right?

Oh, and just looking again, maybe try a different fence there.
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    Reminds me a bit of my Lucifer's Angels design, with the landscape by the red coasters first drop and inversion. The landblock work is great. Definately need a change of fence, and ensure that water actually goes somewhere, otherwise it would overflow with the vast amount of water being poured onto it from the fall.
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    Haha, forgot to say it's unfinished. Thanks for the comments, guys.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading