News / Concept Creations

• Kumba%s's Photo
    Not everything is a clear cut park or design. Because of this some great stuff does not have a place on NE, until now...

In the not so distant future we will be introducing NE Concept Creations. You can get started now and build pretty much whatever you want and have a shot to win. So now things like mini parks, water rides and even micro parks can have a place on NE. You can even go a little crazy with this and do say... a railroad design, a highly themed flat ride *Looks at Corkscrew*, an adventure maze, a wild bumper boats, a cBass inspired skyscraper, ANYTHING!

The only catch is that whatever you make needs to be what we consider NE Quality. It will be about the same standards as NE Designs.

So feel free to start sending entries into nedesigns@gmail.com
  • tyandor%s's Photo
    You know how much I love this announcement :birthday2:
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    seems interesting. maybe ill send something in. every once in awhile i get on of those crazy ideas! lol

FK
  • posix%s's Photo
    well done.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    MY IDEA!!!!!!!!

:p

(seriously, props to Kumba for running the ship)
  • RCTCA%s's Photo
    YES!!!! You will see something in the inbox soon....;)
  • Milo%s's Photo
    fucking woot
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    Neat! *takes photo*
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Very nice. This is the kinda stuff I like to build, so an award for it is great.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    Sweet! Anything is a big word...................... :idea:
  • Steve%s's Photo
    This is almost making me want to start building again.
  • RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    Great idea! I really like this new feature, because it'll help those who are not insipired or who haven't built anything for a long time to be back in the game :D

Just hope that people don't stop making designs and stuff just because this could be an "easier" way to get a NE Accolade...I don't think so though, I mean although this is a NE Accolade, it's not as important as a RU or Spotlight, or even a design IMO. Of course it'll be something like "prestigious", but not as much as the rest of the accolades...unless you have something totally new, original, innovative and NE quality held in a small place.

Anyway, well thought. Can't wait to see what's released... :)

Edited by RCFanB&M, 16 August 2007 - 08:06 PM.

• Hepta%s's Photo
    So could you send a 75x75 in for this? I don't think that's big enough for a Spotlight/SRU/RU.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Yeah, tho if it's like really strong and seems worthy I might offer RU for a park that size, it's all case by case.
  • JJ%s's Photo
    Mmm, does an adventure coaster count as a design or one of these?
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    @JJ: I think a adventure coaster counts as a design. :)

"MFG"
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    What about all the tracked non-coaster rides? If you have a fantastic splash boats ride or log flume that doesn't have any new concept to it, would there be a category for it? What about transport rides like chairlifts and monorails? I realize the game is Roller Coaster Tycoon, but you said we can get a concept out of anything as long as it's well made.
  • CoasterAnne%s's Photo
    [englishaccent] Totally awesome guys! [/englishaccent]

Does it really has to be something witha an original concept? :D
  • Emergo%s's Photo

What about all the tracked non-coaster rides? If you have a fantastic splash boats ride or log flume that doesn't have any new concept to it, would there be a category for it? What about transport rides like chairlifts and monorails? I realize the game is Roller Coaster Tycoon, but you said we can get a concept out of anything as long as it's well made.

If you read Kumba´s first post, you already have your answer.

Emergo :biggrin:
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    ^ What she said. "Concept Creations" was my name for anything made in RCT that doesn't fall under "Designs" or "Spotlight"

So basically, it's a "Spotlight" for smaller parks that don't necessarily have coasters. Recreate Sagrada Familia... that's a CC. Make Jurassic Park the Ride... that's a CC. Create a fully articulated Death Star... that's a CC--if it looks nice.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading