Music Forum / Songs you hate

• penguinBOB%s's Photo

I just don't understand how anyone can hate Led Zeppelin. I mean, it's freakin' Led Zeppelin!

But I don't think that theme songs to kiddie shows are actually classified as music. However, theme songs to anime shows are usually pretty good, especially Bleach, Blood Plus, and Fullmetal Alchemist (my personal favs).

i've seen in a music store a sign that said not to play 3 songs, one of which was stairway to heaven (i really wish i can remember the other two). if i heard the opening line as much as the store owners had to to put up that sign, i probably would curse led zeppelin too.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo

nigga!

you can't say that this is a family-oriented website. what a terrible role model you are to kids.

as for led zeppelin: it's really not that good beyond 2. honestly.
  • spiderman%s's Photo

i've seen in a music store a sign that said not to play 3 songs, one of which was stairway to heaven (i really wish i can remember the other two). if i heard the opening line as much as the store owners had to to put up that sign, i probably would curse led zeppelin too.

The other two were probably Smoke On The Water and Smells Like Teen Spirit.

as for led zeppelin: it's really not that good beyond 2. honestly.

1 and 2 are two of their weaker albums. Physical Graffitti, Houses Of The Holy, and IV are easily their best, and only awesome albums altogether.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    I think this topic is misleading, because really, the songs DragonInferno mentioned really can't be songs that he "hates", but rather songs that he simply just can't stand. I understand why one might say they hate Stairway to Heaven, but I think the underlaying reason is that it's just overplayed, because it's actually a very good song, along with other good ones he mentioned. I'll probably be the only one who thinks so, but "Hey There Delilah" is, in my opinion, a very good song. People say that's its not because it's just overplayed. About two years ago when it first came out and no one knew about it, it was considered a pretty good song, I think. Now, they overplay it and now people just can't take it. But besides that, regardless of how many times you've heard it, it's still good in terms of music/lyrics/whathaveyou.
  • catachresistant%s's Photo
    We cannot see into his complex, enigmatic brain. And even if we could, it would be for naught, for the mechanisms that work within would be lost on our feeble minds. DragonInferno cannot be understood, only studied, studied furiously, like a Mormon might study God.
    What I'm saying here is,
    Maybe he DOES hate it.
    I genuinely think Imagine is a really shit song with incredibly dumb lyrics.
    Taste's weird like that.
    I also think Houses of the Holy is one of the worst albums I've ever heard.
    The first four are acceptable, however, as long as cock is a primary interest in your mind.
    Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    I'm no fascist.
    It's our GOVERNMENT that forbids the smoking of fags in public places.

Edited by catachresistant, 23 October 2007 - 02:51 PM.

• spiderman%s's Photo

I'll probably be the only one who thinks so, but "Hey There Delilah" is, in my opinion, a very good song. People say that's its not because it's just overplayed. About two years ago when it first came out and no one knew about it, it was considered a pretty good song, I think. Now, they overplay it and now people just can't take it. But besides that, regardless of how many times you've heard it, it's still good in terms of music/lyrics/whathaveyou.

I heard it when it first came out a few years back, and I didn't like it then either.
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo
    whenever someone forgets stuff in our language arts class, we have to sing, and i forgot something and had to sing some gold digger song. Once you actually have the lyrics in front of you you can apreciate just how bad the lyrics to most popular rap songs is today. theres plenty of other songs i hate, but thats one that came to my mind
  • DragonInferno%s's Photo
    Led Zeppelin gets way too much credit.
    Really if you were to meet any of the members I'm sure they would be assholes.

Plus a lot of the replies are the exact reason why I do not like them and Pink Floyd. Not only are they not as great as people give them credit for, but people get genuinely mad at you for disliking them. I've gotten in this discussion before with people, but it is a little hypocritical when someone accuses someone else of being ignorant in their tastes of music because they dislike a certain artists. By making such a statement, that person is exhibiting a narrow-minded take on musical preferences.

We cannot see into his complex, enigmatic brain.

My 11th Grade U.S. History teacher wrote in my yearbook that he thought I enjoyed bein "an enigma".

Edited by DragonInferno, 23 October 2007 - 06:42 PM.

• penguinBOB%s's Photo

Once you actually have the lyrics in front of you you can apreciate just how bad the lyrics to most popular rap songs is today.

you haven't experienced the same things as those artists or their target audience have--bad to you might be a godsend to others.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo

1 and 2 are two of their weaker albums. Physical Graffitti, Houses Of The Holy, and IV are easily their best, and only awesome albums altogether.

eh. houses of the holy is okay. i like the stuff that leads more to the blues than the lord of the rings shit they put out.
  • trav%s's Photo

Led Zeppelin gets way too much credit.
    Really if you were to meet any of the members I'm sure they would be assholes.

That really doesn't effect the music that they make.

Eg, Gerard Way is the biggest prick on the planet, yet most people seem to love MCR. (I don't, unless it's their older stuff)
    Trav,
    The CA!CH Institute of Postology kindly asks you to refrain from posting your opinions about music in future.
  • trav%s's Photo

Trav,
    The CA!CH Institute of Postology kindly asks you to refrain from posting your opinions about music in future.

I'll pass thanks.
  • DragonInferno%s's Photo

. . .most people seem to love MCR. (I don't, unless it's their older stuff)

Lol.

(And Also me saying that they are assholes is just a side note; if they were the most nicest guys in the world, I still would dislike their music.)
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    I don't understand how you can hate an artist or group by the way they see their fans. If a band makes good music (like Led Zeppelin), then that's all that should matter.

In response to Kumba's statement about rap: I generally dislike it, although there are a few artists (like Eminem, or older rappers like Young MC) who are tolerable.

When I listen to a song, I usually get stuck on the lyrics. "You're No Different" by Ozzy Osbourne is my favorite song because the lyrics really hit home with me. That one song by Soulja Boy sucks because there aren't really any verses, just the same thing over and over again. It has no meaning. Like Zodiac said earlier, he's just repeating his name. That's not music.
  • gir%s's Photo
    Some rap is tolerable, yes, but definitely not Eminem. :\ Try Busdriver or something.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    Del the Funky Homosapien. There's some rap for you.
  • spiderman%s's Photo

When I listen to a song, I usually get stuck on the lyrics. "You're No Different" by Ozzy Osbourne is my favorite song because the lyrics really hit home with me. That one song by Soulja Boy sucks because there aren't really any verses, just the same thing over and over again. It has no meaning. Like Zodiac said earlier, he's just repeating his name. That's not music.

You're No Different is my least favorite on the Bark of the Moon album.

And besides, the melodies mean WAY more to me than the lyrics...
    Xin, you're whack bro.
    Hip hop has way better lyrics than rock.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading