Music Forum / Songs you hate

• FullMetal%s's Photo
    No, Spiderman, I'm going to have to disagree with you. If you're repeating your name over and over, it gets annoying. Melody makes a great accompaniment but's it's not the meat of the song. Music is widely considered as poetry with sound, and that's why the melody will always take the back seat to lyrics. Unless were talking Bach or Beethoven, of course...

And with Hip Hop, they're always singing about their Bling and their bitches. Not the greatest lyrics in the world.
  • catachresistant%s's Photo
    Every Led Zeppelin song is either about Robert Plant's penis, or about hobbits.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    I don't hate Sweet Home Alabama by Lynyrd Skynyrd. I hate KFC because now everytime I here Sweet Home Alabama, I think of KFC. They ruined a good song by tieing it to a popular chicken restaurant.
    Isn't that song about being a hick.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    So what if it is?
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo
    I dont think a song can have good lyrics and be about being a hick at the same time.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo

No, Spiderman, I'm going to have to disagree with you. If you're repeating your name over and over, it gets annoying. Melody makes a great accompaniment but's it's not the meat of the song. Music is widely considered as poetry with sound, and that's why the melody will always take the back seat to lyrics. Unless were talking Bach or Beethoven, of course...

And with Hip Hop, they're always singing about their Bling and their bitches. Not the greatest lyrics in the world.

... ...Yeah, I've really got nothing to say after this. You've left me completely dumbfounded.
  • gir%s's Photo

Generalizations are fun!
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo

Melody makes a great accompaniment but's it's not the meat of the song. Music is widely considered as poetry with sound, and that's why the melody will always take the back seat to lyrics.

i'm sure you'd really enjoy joanna newsom. lolz
  • Emergo%s's Photo

Music is widely considered as poetry with sound, and that's why the melody will always take the back seat to lyrics.

^ This is the strangest conviction I ever heard..... :wacko:

Human voices as well as sound from (natural) things were the first things ever to produce "music". No matter if there are "understandable" lyrics or just sounds...

So music always is music, independant if that is fancied up with lyrics of any sort.

"Poetry with sound" can also be a very nice form of art, in which the lyrics can be more important than the music, but this is just a tiny, tiny part of the endless variations of using music, so no idea where you got the conviction that "Music is widely considered as poetry with sound" ?????

Emergo
  • Cocoa%s's Photo

Pink Floyd- Another Brick in the Wall
    Led Zeppelin- Stairway to Heaven

You have the worst tastes ever, Dragon Inferno.
    Those songs are amazing.

Anyway, the best Led Zep albums are the 2 BBC Sessions. Buy them. It's got all the best songs played really well.

Edited by RaPiPo, 28 October 2007 - 08:55 AM.

• penguinBOB%s's Photo
    i don't see what the big deal is about pink floyd
    They're an old band, therefore they're a good band.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    Pink Floyd is one of those bands that is meant to be enjoyed under the influence of something.
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo

They're an old band, therefore they're a good band.

sort of like the beatles? or barry manilo?
  • DragonInferno%s's Photo

God, just because you've heard popular hip-hop music on the radio or MTV or whatever shit you watch or listen to, don't think you know shit about the genre. And besides the lyrics to "You're No Different" suck and are generic "You're a hypocrite lol" lyrics. If you think that is the epitome of lyrical genius you obviously have very little knowledge of music and lyricism. I swear that every hip-hop artist's music I listen to has better lyrics than Ozzy Osbourne. But you can't see that because you're obviously too much of a narrow-minded dumbass to realize that hip-hop isn't just something they play on the radio.

You have the worst tastes ever, Dragon Inferno.
    Those songs are amazing.

Anyway, the best Led Zep albums are the 2 BBC Sessions. Buy them. It's got all the best songs played really well.

It takes a certain amount of maturity to realize that just because a lot of other people like it and create a false illusion that it is somewhat "non-conformist" to like it (which it only is insomuch as it is not modern popular music), doesn't make it good. There is no need to impress anyone with your musical tastes. Becuase, after all, liking overplayed songs like Another Brick and the Wall and Stairway to Heaven isn't all that impressive.

Edited by DragonInferno, 28 October 2007 - 01:03 PM.

I forgot one.
    Never heard the original, but,
    Kelly/Ozzy Osbourne - Changes
    is pretty bad.

Also, you can just tell that DragonInferno has been carrying this rage around for a long, long time.
    Take a breather, buddy.
    Just remember you engineered this tangent to get the responses you needed to feel good about yourself.
    Feeling good, yet.
  • spiderman%s's Photo

There are also very few good melodies in mainstream rap/hip hop.
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    it's really just all about the beat. shit's poppin if it's got a good beat.
    Melodies are for sissy-boys.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading