Pro Tour 3 / PT3 Topic

• Kumba%s's Photo
    Seems you guys want to bring this up on the heels of MM ending...

I extended the deadline by like 9 months since we were on pace to have very few entries.

The deadline is: August 28th 2008

If we want to keep it a PT I think we should have more prelims.

Another idea that I kinda like is shading even more rules and calling it The NE open. Old PT3 entires would count, but anyone could enter and any objects could be used (so you could dimport on your current PT3). In this scenario the only real rule would be that you need to build on a 90x90 map and it would be judged by a panel of judges who are known for making great parks.

If neither of those ideas sit well with you guys maybe we can just scrap contests all togeter and old PT3's can become new CCs :p
  • trav%s's Photo

If we want to keep it a PT I think we should have more prelims.

Yes. Now. Plz.
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    I would leave it as it is. You let a ton of people in before, and I don't think you really need any more. I don't think there's any reason to search to make it more of a 'gimmick', I guess you could say. So I would say leave it. It's ok to let time pass without an event. I think you'll end up seeing more work that way.
    If you must do one of them, then do maybe 2 prelims at best. I don't think you need any more then that for sure.
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    Hi!

I agree with CP6 here.
    I don't mind if 2-3 new people would get into the PT3.

I don't like the idea of the PT:Open, it's not fair to people who got into the PT with prelims and such.

"MFG"
  • woofenskid%s's Photo
    maybe a separate contest after the PT is done with a similar idea, Kumba.
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    ^It's called Hi-Rollers. And that what this is becoming. That's its own contest, leave it as it is. Just let us finish the PT3 as it is, then later, we can do a Hi-Rollers or H2H or whatever. But this has been going for almost a year. Just let it end.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Why not combine the ideas, and allow prelims till the deadline in august (Designs/RU/SRU/Spotlight etc..)?
    That way all upcoming talent becomes involved and a good turnout (or turn in of entries) is almost guaranteed..
    It's also the most fair to those who have already won prelims.

I like the idea of calling it; NE PT3: The 'Open' edition (because let's face it, it already is).

SF
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo
    Yeah I think a few more prelims would be fair because as long as this has been going, a lot of new members have emerged and it will be a long time Im guessing until the next PT they could participate in. That way it would be more interesting with newly emerged people able to prove themselves. But opening it to everyone, that doesnt seem like it would encourage the same kind of quality as a contest thats limited to select people. Like it might be just like creating a casual solo or whatever as opposed to working hard to get in and knowing that you will have to make something good.

Or there could be two 'leagues' ,like a major league and minor league and those who prove themselves worthy through prelims, spotlights, etc could be in the major league and all others in the minor league. And the major league would get the majority of the attention.
  • jusmith%s's Photo
    For me, I would like it to be open, as I discoverd NE only after the prelims were finished, and I'm sure others who have improved or are in similar situations as me could maybe place well in the compo. (Louis!, Fr3ak, Camcorder...etc.) If that could not happen, a few more prelims would be acceptable.
  • J K%s's Photo
    I say leave it how it is. The parkmakers at the time worked hard to get into a contest they wanted to be in. New talent may be here but that shouldn't allow an open ticket. I've always seen the PT as a competition that desires skill. I'm proud that I won a place for it but I'd like to keep it that way.

An open contest like high rollers for the Non pro tour participating people would be a good idea.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    part of me wants to be all elitist about this but really this is almost an HR as it is now. One thing that I think is that many of the people who would be serious about entering an HR are already in this but I do agree that the site has seen some good players rise up recently.

In all honesty I don't really care about the fact that I had to win my way in and others might not (if it goes to an open contest). So many people have already gotten in that wouldn't/shouldn't have gotten in the other PTs (and I'm at the top of that list) so trying to compare the standards and guidelines really doesn't work. I think that it might just be easiest to make this an open contest AND then maybe give the people who won their way in the prelim rounds some sort of score bonus.

Maybe it could now be like an open contest with little mini rounds to help people out before the main contest (which could be the new Deathmatches or something).
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    I was in favor of a "hi rollers 2" contest in the first place.

Open this up to everyone, but I think the workbench should be restricted to some modified or even unmodified version of Geewhzz's NE standard bench. A max size limit of 90X90 with black tiling down to whatever would be that limit...

I'm thinking of scrapping my current PT3; it has a lot of good ideas but the execution is rather lacking... Or the organization simply didn't allow everything the room it needed to spread out properly. Still I doubt I could complete a park of that scale from scratch ever again; at least not on any particular time table.

Ride6
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    I wouldn't mind some more prelims. I think I said earlier that I'd be okay with opening it to everyone, but I think if that happened the prelim winners would deserve some kind of recognition on the PT3 results page.
  • RRP%s's Photo
    i dont wanna be in PT3 but id like to enter some prelims
  • J K%s's Photo
    Prelims would be the way to go if you are going to take any action. The free ticket really dosen't appeal to me however.
  • disneylhand%s's Photo
    Do any sort of prelim(s) and you'll have to follow the original pattern and let any accolade winners in from the next set of prelims AND ones that have happened over the past few months (zburns999, Camcorder22, etc).
    Not trying to state my personal opinion here, just want to make sure that whoever finally makes the ultimate decision has thought about any possible negative effects of changing this up as proposed.

-disneylhand
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    It is pretty simple. The PT is set up so that you can only enter if you have proven you have skill, so people with NE releases are in and so are prelim winners.

3 new perlim rounds will start late this month. Feel free to toss out some ideas for different round objectives i.e. Best Zoo exhibit, or something like that.
  • trav%s's Photo
    Funniest Entry like in PT2
  • Luigi%s's Photo
    Best mine train
    Best Vekoma

Just some ideas. I would like some more prelims as well, I will give it a try for sure!

Edited by Luigi, 04 April 2008 - 08:56 AM.

• JJ%s's Photo

Best Zoo exhibit, or something like that.

Mmmmmmmmmmm...

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading