News / NextElement Challenge

• iris%s's Photo
    I guess it's time RCT2 made it's way into New Element.
    Here is a chance for everybody to go crazy with RCT2 and be the first to claim greatness in the new game.
    There are NO RULES to what you can make, other then it must be A.Unreleased and B.RCT2.

Steel/Wood-Anything goes.
    If this is as unsuccessful as Blockbuster Challenge, then this will be the last NE Coaster Contest.
  • Foltzanator%s's Photo
    I think I might give this one a go if I have time in between classes and boarding....
  • Roberto Roboparks%s's Photo
    If I get a nice idea I might enter.
  • RRP%s's Photo
    im gonna enter pretty much definately
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    I might give it a try, I might not. RCT2 makes my decision harder.
  • Phantom%s's Photo
    This is just a coaster contest right? I might enter if it is, i'm too busy with family matters.....to do a whole park right now.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Phantom - it is just a coaster contest.

I'm not going to enter because rct2 sucks for me. BUT, I wish you'd made it a little more restricted....maybe computer game or art themed? Or even country themed would have been cool.
  • The Drizzle%s's Photo
    Finally...no rules...i'm in.

BiO
  • posix%s's Photo

I'm not going to enter because rct2 sucks for me.  BUT, I wish you'd made it a little more restricted....maybe computer game or art themed? Or even country themed would have been cool.

same reason why I won't do it...
    Can't u just make it RCT1 & 2?
    We still have the metamorphosis from RCT1 to 2 ;)

And yes, a few rules are necessary (imho). Although if that makes it unsuccessful
  • Butterfinger%s's Photo
    Geez people, RCT2 RULES compared to the first one......

I am pretty sure that I will enter. Now I just need a good idea........

BTW iris, I would put this on the updates so that EVERYONE sees it..........
  • cg?%s's Photo
    I think the point of this contest was to present more RCT2 content on New Element. If they made it RCT and RCT2, it would defeat the purpose in many ways.

Also, the "no-rules" thing seems to be more because it was rushed, than anything else. Iris' attempt at moving New Element up to the present day in RCT, ASAP.

And, frankly, I'm in. I just need to find a pretty song to go along with the coaster, then I can decide on the coaster, and theme, and stuff.

Music always make park (and coaster) building so much easier...
  • Stargazer%s's Photo
    Chauncey will win...but hey I'll still have a go....

*Stargazer*
  • Dantheman%s's Photo
    I think I might enter this I am not very good at RCT2 but I will give it a crack.
  • Adix%s's Photo
    So, the fact that Iris is trying to see what people can do with RCT2 in a competition environment, with nothing but the limits of the game itself holding you back, makes this rushed?

And of course it's not going to be RCT1. Telling him to add RCT1 to this is like someone making a car where the entire point is to run on fuel cells, no need for gasoline, and someone telling them to make it gas-powered.

My useless $.02

~Adix~ :huey:
  • Toon%s's Photo
    I'm in for sure....however might I suggest a deadline to encourage people to get off their asses and get started. Also, custom scenery or not???? If yes I might have to make something new just for this.
  • x-sector%s's Photo
    I'm In. hmmmmmmm what to do. I got to defend my title :)
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    Ill enter if Corkscrewed enters.
  • Roberto Roboparks%s's Photo
    ^lol

Anyone has a idea for me? :!!:
  • The Judge%s's Photo
    Im in... as Toon said custom themeing allowed? and whens the deadline...? :D
  • iris%s's Photo
    Chauncey, it was not rushed. There are so many coaster options for RCT2 right now that haven't been really "tested" that I felt that a restriction wouldn't be necessary. I mean, I didn't want to do a whole "only steel" or "only wood" or any one sole category type of coaster because it makes the entries boring. And I tried a themed-contest with the Blockbuster Challenge and it flopped. So I'm just seeing how this one goes. It wasn't rushed at all.

As for custom scenery, it's perfectly allowed, it just must be named in a small readme with the entry.
    And the deadline isn't for a while, you will all know when its even close to coming.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading