Related Games / RCT3 Has reached RCT2 Levels

• Kevin Enns%s's Photo

yeah its cool, but its all custom scenery. it took no skill in the game to put together whatsoever. thats always been my problem with rct3. custom scenery isnt used to help make a structure, it IS the structure.

Doesn't it take skill to make custom scenery however?
  • JJ%s's Photo
    ^ But they aren't the people who make it
  • Highball%s's Photo
    yes, but im referring to in game skill. creating the scenery takes time and effort, but loading it up into rct3 and slammin it together to make main street takes no skill at all. and since im pretty sure that like here not everyone makes scenery, if someones already done the work of making the objects, then all the majority of the rct community has to do is take that scenery and put it together. im not saying there is no skill at all in rct3 players, but this also shows how different rct2 and rct3 really are.
  • Kevin Enns%s's Photo
    Oh, I see what you're saying. Well, this presents an interesting discussion inside my brain.
  • MF72 %s's Photo
    I have a park that has only 3 CS sets: All for Supports. My entire park is basically with the ingame scenery, which shows that RCT3 isn't based on CS, if that's what you guys are saying.
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo

yes, but im referring to in game skill. creating the scenery takes time and effort, but loading it up into rct3 and slammin it together to make main street takes no skill at all. and since im pretty sure that like here not everyone makes scenery, if someones already done the work of making the objects, then all the majority of the rct community has to do is take that scenery and put it together. im not saying there is no skill at all in rct3 players, but this also shows how different rct2 and rct3 really are.

That and I know there is a feature in rct3 to allow you to import image files into rct3 for billboards. If creating other scenery is as easy as importing real life images, then object creating requires less skill than rct3 as well. Although I am pretty sure it isnt always as easy as that.

Maybe if rct3 went in the direction rct2 has gone, with smaller objects allowing for greater detailing and customizing, then it would require greater skill. Although that might lead to more lag than using a few large objects, but im not sure.

Nonetheless that was a pretty impressive video, shitty designing aside, the dueling and light effects were badass.
  • Timothy Cross%s's Photo

PEACE.

EDIT: Well that didn't say much did it? Actually, I'll say RCT3 hasn't really reached RCT2 levels in terms of types of parks created. Everyone seems to be building fairly generic amusement parks or the theme parks have nothing special as it pertains to the overall concept. There's so much more that can be done and it will surpass RCT2 seven fold. Though I think RCT2 being such a classic, will live on in some form forever. Nobody is going to kill it with a park so good everyone wishes to quit the game because they can't compete. It's not about outdoing someone other than yourself. The prophecy is wrong. "The one" comes to create, not destroy. RCT2 forever.

Edited by FantastiCo, 02 August 2009 - 10:43 AM.

• tracidEdge%s's Photo
    why, tim, why
  • Timothy Cross%s's Photo
    i don't know. i'm a schizophrenic.

and "The One"... yeah, it's Kevin Enns.

Edited by FantastiCo, 02 August 2009 - 10:05 PM.

• 6000000flags%s's Photo
    The new track elements lose charm for me. Merging and vertical lifts took skill, but now you download a Eurofighter CTR and it's already done for you. Same for block brakes, they immediately boost to 60 mph which is just lazy.

Also, the ride physics are horrible. I imported some designs I had in and they went so fast and unrealistic, even without low friction grease.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading