Contests / The Next Contest

• Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    I was serious about the contest idea but the last sentence was of course a joke if a bit of an akward one. Let me ask you this, though, Intamin. Does it matter if I'm being serious if you like the basic idea and want to go ahead with it anyways? I figured I'd put out an idea that's unusual in order to provide some variety and let those who see it make of it what they will.

Personally, I don't see any logic in rewarding people who beat somebody else but fail to keep their momentum going in contests, so that's why I think that there should be a system that favors perservering players over lazier but more skilled parkmakers.

The word "hit" is just a term to express my idea and the entries wouldn't actually be called such. To be honest, I'd envisioned works on the size of micros while writing that post, so the whole idea may seem more absurd when you think of larger entries.

Anyways, asking if I'm serious about an RCT competition on a fan site is like asking if a character actor enjoys having sex with somebody else's married actress wife for a movie role. Who cares if we're serious about playing an RCT contest on a fan website where the whole point is to have fun? We just are and we all have our parts to play in this community. That's all I have to say on the matter lest I complicate things to the point of absurdity.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    So what you're saying is that you want some hot and heavy RCT action?
  • lucas92%s's Photo
    Halloween contest anyone?
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    That actually sounds like a good idea. Something small (30x30), themed to Halloween. Kind of like RCT Space's Valentine's Day contest.

It would be quick, simple, and provide a small spark of activity in the site.

I like it. :D
  • Nokia%s's Photo
    or even a thanksgiving contest?
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    Okay, I have to say something here.

I worked at Holiday World when the new section (Thanksgiving) was announced. Honestly, Thanksgiving is one of the worst holidays to do anything with because there isn't a whole lot of symbolism. I would've much rather seen a Valentine or St. Patricks Day section. Oktoberfest would've been good to. I actually think that Chinese New Year would've been the best option, though.

On the Thanksgiving contest though, I think it would be harder to get a variety of entries becuase there isn't a whole lot surrounding the holiday.

Maybe a Christmas contest would work...
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Thats all n00b/baby stuff. NE is RCT's major league, we do big contests like H2H, the PT and tournaments.
  • spartan%s's Photo

or even a thanksgiving contest?

yea but that day doesn't mean anything to the people over in Europe. You'd have to stick to a global holiday like Christmas, Halloween, or Easter.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo

Thats all n00b/baby stuff. NE is RCT's major league, we do big contests like H2H, the PT and tournaments.

I thought NE was about quality? I'm sure 5Dave or CP6 could do some high quality Christmas stuff. I'd put your name up there too, but I'm afraid you might go NBX with it and make it look funky. Not that that's a bad thing, but Christmas isn't supposed to look funky.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    can anyone say weird al entry (Kumba)?
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    ;)
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    get emergo or becky to run the Happy Holidays contest.

too late for a haloween one now, if it was going to happen it should have been announced at least a month in advance.

I see no problem with a 30x30 or less contest just sprinkled in somewhere. I don't care what it is, just do something already; something manageable.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    posix, gee... PT3s... are we there yet?
  • Nokia%s's Photo
    id say we have a another week or so.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    There's still lots of stuff that needs to be done. I'd give it another month.
  • Nokia%s's Photo
    i wouldnt ;]
  • Jazz%s's Photo
    update?
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    From what I know, there's still work being done in various areas of the release process. I expect a couple more weeks.

You know, with all the work that the Admins and Release Prep people do, I don't know if we should do another contest just yet. It's a lot of work organizing things and getting them ready for release. If we do another contest, that just puts more work onto the Release Prep guys.
  • RRP%s's Photo
    Can we have a countdown?
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    That would be very nice.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading