News / Failed Submission Batch #1

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    Thanks, posix. I agree completely with you (which is odd), it is just that up until now there has been an expectation that, even if NE can do whatever the hell they want with your submission, they're either going to post it saying you won or send it back saying you didn't. The compromise you posted seems like an excellent solution.
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    Since you seem to have worked the first problem out, might I suggest an archive? So that when they're off the front page they can still be downloaded?
  • Maverick%s's Photo
    Maybe you can include a list of parks and/or parkmakers who submitted but did not win? This way people get mentioned as participating without their work being released publicly... Also, it allows said parks to be improved upon before release.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    kevin, ne doesn't have a shitpile anymore either.
    I personally think that rctavenged is the next best site (think i already said) and will probably take over when ne goes down the tube (happens to the best of them- not like I'm predicting anything- I hope ne stays strong)
  • JJ%s's Photo
    NE will outlive every RCT Site
  • posix%s's Photo
    coming from avenged's admin?
    thank you jj. it's appreciated.

guys, can you stop comparing ne and avenged? blaming either to be worse? it just creates rivalry. i believe i can speak for jj too when i say that neither of us has any interest for that. basically, i see all sites as one big community.

Dr_Dude, yes, we are very much interested in an archive as such ourselves and have begun to concept it. it's very very difficult though. but we're excited about it already :)
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo

p.s. I could easily send one of my FUCKING SHIT parks to you guys to make it seem serious, and I would get 0.0/10, but that might be considered trolling.

Good fucking god can you please learn what a troll is.

Also I'm all for public humiliation.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    ^ coulda guessed

good stuff posix. yea i'd be fine with you doing this with one of my parks if i had no other plans for it, as long as you asked me first.

Edited by Gwazi, 02 September 2008 - 04:33 PM.

• gymkid dude%s's Photo
    lol at calling them "failed designs". I guess nobody at NE takes marketing courses.
  • posix%s's Photo
    hey marketing guy, what's your suggestion for a better name other than "runner ups"?
    i too don't like "failed designs".
  • Kevin Enns%s's Photo

[one of the worst possible blasphmies] can you please learn what a troll is.
    Also I'm all for public humiliation.

So, are you saying a troll? If so, why?

Also, are you saying you want to see this. You may die from how AWFUL it is.

EDIT: @posix. Ummm, but they ARE failed designs. They were sent in for design, and didn't win. By definition, failure.

BTW LOL @ RCTA for having things which barely even made CC here (MW:IP and PP) be "Top Parks" (yeah, great name there, guys....really sounds more clever than Spotlight or Limelight or w/e).

Also, NE will outlive RCTA by at least 5 years.

Edited by Kevin_Enns, 02 September 2008 - 05:07 PM.

• Xcoaster%s's Photo
    Honorable Mentions?
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    i like that name Xcoaster.

and Kevin_Enns, glad you don't like it. now you'll never join there and we won't have to deal with you. just to mention though, that our judging system is much more lax than at NE. we have a certain number of people who simply vote Yes or No to each park, depending on if they liked it or not. you get more Yes' than No's you win. simple as that. not meant to be elite or anything, just something liked by the community.
  • disneylhand%s's Photo
    Hehe I'm with Kevin_Enns, I personally find the term "failed _____" very appropriate.

-disneylhand
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Technically Kevin is right, they ARE failures by definition, if they didn't win. But that's mean, and we don't want to call them that, now do we? I remember one of the other admins (I think gee) told me about this and I thought it was a bad idea because I had a feeling people wouldn't be too into it. On the other hand, though, they were posted with good intentions. The site is trying to do the ones who submitted a favor and giving them a little limelight. It's somewhat of a 50/50: Post the parks trying to get them some attention and have this bitchfest, or don't post them and let the creators do what they will and risk not getting noticed. I was also a little surprised to hear that none of the submitters knew about this either, which doesn't sound like something posix or gee would do at all. I'm sure it was a somewhat difficult decision, but hey, you learn from your mistakes. Sounds like we got it narrowed down for next time, anyway.

I haven't looked at the parks yet, but Comet's looks lovely. I will try and give the others a look. Better luck next time, dudes.

ps. xcoaster has the best name so far.
  • Maverick%s's Photo
    Just call them "Design Submissions".... it doesn't specify them being "failures" and doesn't lead one to believe they 'won' either.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo

Hehe I'm with Kevin_Enns, I personally find the term "failed _____" very appropriate.

-disneylhand

Yeah, like in Kev's situation, "Failed Abortion" is pretty descriptive.

Maybe "Complete Embarrasments"?
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    Once again. I am all for public humiliation.
  • rK_%s's Photo
    steve, you just changed my mind. ty.

Edited by rK_, 03 September 2008 - 03:16 PM.

• FullMetal%s's Photo

basically, i see all sites as one big community.

And NE is the aristocracy. :p

Seriously though, I'm seeing a lot of similarities between the "new" NE and the the birth of the U.S. We know we're going in the right direction, but we're having a little bit of disagreement getting to our final solutions.

On the subject of "Honorable Mentions," I like the idea, but it just doesn't fly too well. I think the admins should PM each submissionaire with the park's score, some comments, and the question of whether or not it should be hosted on NE.

That's my two cents.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading