Music Forum / Best Live acts

• tracidEdge%s's Photo
    The Holy Mountain. I saw them instead of Minus the Bear and hot damn am I glad I did. Motherfuckers were all over the place.
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    In Flames at Wacken 2007 - That show was brilliant. Imagine 60000 metalheads jumping simultaneously to 'Only for the weak', or 60000 lighters, mobile phones raised in the sky to 'Come Clarity'. Of course the show was also amazing. lol. I had the chills nearly all the time and then there was this firework at the end of the show. That was just amazing.

Behemoth at Metalcamp 2008 - After they started playing all hell broke loose. Thunderstorm, heavy rain directly onto the stage. It was like they weren't meant to play there, but they kept playing haha, even covering half the stage with plastic didn't help. Nearly all their equiptment died that day and they played like 20 minutes. That was sick. lol

Alestorm at Metalcamp 2008 - What can I say, it was 2am in the fucking morning and it was so much fun, everyone was partying, they pourred 5 bottles of rum into the crowd and they had fire-eaters in front of the stage and they kept breathing fire over our heads. One hell of a party. haha!

Yeah, those were the best concert experiences so far, at least those who stood out the most. lol

"MFG"
  • Liampie%s's Photo

Alestorm at Metalcamp 2008 - What can I say, it was 2am in the fucking morning and it was so much fun, everyone was partying, they pourred 5 bottles of rum into the crowd and they had fire-eaters in front of the stage and they kept breathing fire over our heads. One hell of a party. haha!

Alestorm is always a party! Even in the small clubs. BTW, have you heard their new album yet? It's amazing.
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    ^No, I ordered it a few days ago, but heard some new songs live yesterday ;D

"MFG"
  • Comet%s's Photo
    I saw Coldplay last night, it was really fucking amazing.
    It wasn't too crazy as far as concerts go but they're just really great performers.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    Yeah, Coldplay isn't bad live.. but I've really sort of outgrown their music..
    It was cool when they started singing Billie Jean in a Coldplay kind of way for MJ.

Furthermore... 'Lil Wayne cancelled at Roskilde... and Gogol Bordello came instead!!!! :D:D:D. This music is really too fun to be true. Love it!

Trentemoller and Deadmau5 were both :o. I mean :o:o:O.

I adore Lily Allen and loved her live.

I had my best festival day ever, i think.

-little bit of Balstyrko
    -Hakan Hellstrom
    -Gogol Bordello
    -Lilly Allen
    -(did not go see Slipknot)
    -Fever Ray
    -Deadmau5

I forgot to eat from 12-4... that's how much fun i was having :D.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    ^Lily Allen is superb live.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    I'll probably see Sven Vath live next month
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    just noticed pBOB mentioned So Many Dynamos as best supporting act. i saw them headline with Cast Spells, and they were absolutely mindblowing. one of the best shows i've been to.

and i can't believe i forgot to mention La Dispute. it only adds to the amazement that it was a basement show with about 20+ people.
  • Steve%s's Photo

Concerts That Will Be Great
    Michael Jackson - July 10th

:'(
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Yeah I know :(
  • Comet%s's Photo
    You went to Rosklide Evil WME?...you lucky bastard
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    I'm going to Lolla.

The only two conflicts of interest are TV on the radio and Animal Collective having back-to-back sets on different stages, and Lou Reed and Deerhunter playing at the same time.
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    The following bands are awesome live:

Manchester Orchestra
    Bon Iver
    Fleet Foxes
    No Age
    Animal Collective
    Portugal. The Man
    Dan Deacon
    Dan Auerbach
    Deerhunter
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    i just recently saw We Came as Romans and The Word Alive.
    they were sick lol.

but man, i'm jealous of you zodiac.
    i really want to see Thursday live!

oh, Underoath and Alexisonfire were both amazing at warped.
    for some idiotic reason, they had their sets at the same time, so i had to miss half of Underoath for the last half of Alexisonfire, but it was so worth it:]
  • zodiac%s's Photo

The following bands are awesome live:

Manchester Orchestra
    Bon Iver
    Fleet Foxes
    No Age
    Animal Collective
    Portugal. The Man
    Dan Deacon
    Dan Auerbach
    Deerhunter

this entire list is so full of correct. especially MO, one of the best live acts i've ever seen.
  • Mike Robbins%s's Photo

Concerts That Will Be Great
    Michael Jackson - July 10th

Oh yeah? How was it? Lol
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    something my freidns gonna see tomorrow,
    glad im not going, fucking hell, look at htis

ROCK IN TH PARK in preston yaaaaaalll
    blazin squad
    beverly night
    JLS
    preston
    yeah yous
    booty luv
    jade ewen
    peter andre
    tinchy stryder
    MR HUDSON
    ironik
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo

Oh yeah? How was it? Lol

oooooooooooohhhh
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    shammy, Blazin' Squad? Seriously? Are they still around?

'part from that good line-up.

Beyonce in November <3
    Lily Allen again in December <3

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading