Music Forum / Best Live acts

• wheres_walto%s's Photo
    ^aka, I was actually there ;)
  • MorganFan%s's Photo
    -Railroad Revival Tour (Edward Sharpe & the MZs, Mumford & Sons, others)

-Joe Satriani
  • Dimi%s's Photo
    These were particularly amazing live:

- Oasis
    - The Black Box Revelation
    - Muse
    - Customs
    - Editors
    - Porcupine Tree
    - Empire of the Sun
    - The Black Keys
    - Arcade Fire
    - Pearl Jam
    - The Black Angels
    - The Hives
    - Queens of the Stone Age
    - Beady Eye
    - Triggerfinger
    - Kasabian
    - Selah Sue
    - Absynthe Minded
  • Ruben%s's Photo
    Let's see:
    -Rise against
    -Jimmy eat World
    -Thirty seconds to Mars
    -Blink 182
    -Blood Red Shoes
    -Snow Patrol (and I usually don't even like their music)
  • turbin3%s's Photo
    Rammstein!
  • prodigy%s's Photo
    Faithless
    Dido
    The Prodigy
    The Chemical Brothers
    Depeche Mode
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    U2
    Placebo
  • A.S.Coasters%s's Photo
    Avenged Sevenfold and Muse no doubt.
  • Luketh%s's Photo
    Foster the People was a sick show tonight. They had lights, paper airplanes, local high school marching bands, big ass blow-up doll things that look like the drawings on their Torches album cover, confetti.. Man. Anybody remember that sun from the Teletubbies? Its creepier brother was hanging up on the left side of the stage. It was a hell of a show. Kimbra and The Kooks opened -- also very good performances. Kimbra came on later to sing with Mark in their duo for Converse (the shoe/record company?) called "Warrior." Mark Foster played a BUNCH of instruments -- drums, guitar, piano, you name it -- all while singing. He's a seriously talented dude.

The whole band just clicked on every level, never missed a beat, and was really into the music. They gave the whole venue an amazing vibe that reverberated throughout the night. The fans, the guy that sold me a drink; everybody was loving where they were.

They played the remixed version of "Pumped Up Kicks" for their final song (which I was original skeptical about them playing due to it being so different from the rest of their songs), ending the whole concert with a shower of confetti. Mark went and high-fived along the front row and sang the last few lines with his toes at the edge of the stage. The audience actually pulled him into them and held him up by his legs/feet while the song ended. Once it ended the gently lowered him into the crowd as the spotlight -- the only light on in the entire place -- faded off. Not sure if it was planned, but DAMN it was cool.

If Foster is coming to your town/venue on this tour, I HIGHLY recommend going. It was up there with some of the best stage performances that are going around right now -- possibly THE best.
  • MorganFan%s's Photo
    Young The Giant
    Willie Nelson
    Snoop Dogg
    Avett Brothers
    The Flaming Lips
    Fitz & The Tantrums
    Two Door Cinema Club
    Best Coast
    Starfucker
    Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
    Electric Touch
    Ponderosa
    Pretty Lights
    Descendents
    Primus

All in one fucking show= Amazing. Coma of auditory bliss.
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    Enter Shikari won a Kerrang this year for best Live Band. They do put on a sick show, although ive personally never seen them.

Id also have to give nods to LP, A7X and Hollywood Undead for kicking ass live.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    Willie Nelson and Snoop Dogg in one show? Was there still any clean air left to breathe for sober people? ;P
  • MorganFan%s's Photo
    I have to admit even I was a little buzzed.
  • DJ Swangler%s's Photo
    Well, Avicii was pretty good. I also saw a complete Live Act from Swedish House Mafia on youtube and it wasn't bad at all. It's basically the only two live acts I've seen in my whole life... :/
  • MCI%s's Photo
    Well, almost a year ago but I found this thread 2min ago... What a shame^^

I have to admit:
    Heaven Shall Burn
    Children Of Bodom
    Airbourne
    JudasPriest
    were pretty awesome at the Wacken Open Air 2011...

Looking forward to see
    InFlames, Volbeat, MachineHead and Testament this summer at the W:O:A 2012
  • Hex%s's Photo
    Avenged Sevenfold, Miss May I, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Eagles.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    bump.

Muse.
  • MorganFan%s's Photo
    The Zombies last night were amazing. And yes, I mean THE Zombies. Still rocking after 50 years.
  • FredD%s's Photo
    Wu Tang was the best live performance I saw, however I got pretty frustrated because they were about an hour too late :lol: But once they came on the podium, the frustrations were immediately gone!
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    JAY Z & KANYE WEST
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    I'm not a fan of screaming music really, but The Chariot was ridiculous live. Flogging Molly was the nicest mosh pit ever.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading