News / Next NE Contest

Would you like NE's next contest to be a team or individual one?

• posix%s's Photo
    Hey NElers,

time to get serious about our upcoming contest. First, we need to decide if it's going to be an individual or team contest. Whatever the majority is in this poll will happen. There can only be one.

If you are unaware of what the contests mentioned in brackets above are, have a look at our contest history: http://www.nedesigns...ts/ne-contests/

May your desired format win.
  • MF72 %s's Photo
    Can someone give me some info as to what ParkWars was? Thanks in advance.

I was a little skeptical voting, because I know there's been some conversation about this, but I voted.

I know there's a very small chance of this, but I hope I get in!
  • JJ%s's Photo
    h2h!!!!!!!
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    Team for me...

Although it gets a little complicated, its a blast working w/ others on a project.

I call for H2H!!!
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Voted for team and I hope we do an H2H :)
  • Milo%s's Photo

Can someone give me some info as to what ParkWars was? Thanks in advance.

I was a little skeptical voting, because I know there's been some conversation about this, but I voted.

I know there's a very small chance of this, but I hope I get in!

can't remember the specifics but I know it's teams of 2 and each team has a franchise (real or made up) and they'd build on a park but were limited on what they could do for coasters based on a point system. It was done in rounds as well (and I think each round was like an 'area' of the park but I'm not sure). Each round teams would retally their points and gain more based on their performance. Basically it's realistic parks and how they expand is based on how teams use their points.

that's about all I can remember. It's not really my style but it is a cool setup imo. It's just a shame that the couple that have been fully organized over the years have run out of steam fairly quickly (like after 3-4 rounds).

voted team as well
  • Micool%s's Photo
    I respect this poll, but I've been in the RCT community since it has existed, and these are facts:

Team contests = Disappointment

Individual contests = Fun.

Team contests require lots of participation, communication and leadership. It's hard to find it all at once.

Edited by Micool, 23 February 2009 - 03:24 AM.

• Sey%s's Photo
    Ready for action!
    H2H... :mantis:
  • Fr3ak%s's Photo
    Team contest.
    Allthough I don't know whether any captain would take me :p
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    GO TEAMS
    i would be very shocked if any body would choose me.
    id be thrilled.
    i would love to
    but i would be shocked indeed.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Even though I voted Team, as that is what I would like to see, I think Individual is gonna work better.
  • Levis%s's Photo
    I would really like to see a team contest :D .
    I count on you kumba to pick me again :p .
  • Katapultable%s's Photo
    I'd like to see a team contest. Anyone wants to team up? PM me.
  • turbin3%s's Photo
    I voted for individual. ;)

I've a question:
    If there will be MM. Will there be a qualification then or who says, who can take part of MM?

Edited by Yannik, 23 February 2009 - 03:41 PM.

• posix%s's Photo

I voted for individual. ;)

I've a question:
    If there will be MM. Will there be a qualification then or who says, who can take part of MM?

any contest regulations will be decided on when we know which one it's going to be. so be patient.
  • Sey%s's Photo
    I think there won't be any chances for the next contest to be MM, Yannik.
    The contest has been before PT3 and time and tide wait for no man. :p

Maybe in two or three years.
  • Fisch%s's Photo
    I'm back in business at the right moment it seems. I would love to see a H2H come. The parks that were created in those have been really good in the past in my opinion. :) After what you did already to help the website in the past months where you were admins it really seems to me that a lot more people from NE started playing the game again. The website and its people are really refreshing right now and I think that the amount of drop outs from those people would be very low in comparison to the past contests!
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    Although I won't be participating, I would like to see another individual contest.
  • Milo%s's Photo

I respect this poll, but I've been in the RCT community since it has existed, and these are facts:

Team contests require lots of participation, communication and leadership. It's hard to find it all at once.

can't say I agree. While it is true that team contests can have problems I don't really see it as so black and white where one is ALWAYS better than the other. I think that both contests can be fun and unless you have a specific bad experience I don't really see it as one being "better". Throughout the years there have been good and not-so-good of both although honestly I'd be hard pressed to call anything an absolute flop. The success rate of either depends on the community.

My problem with individual geared contests now is that it seems like it's a one shot deal. It's easy enough to say alright this is the deadline, here are the rules, go build but when that deadline rolls around and there aren't many entries that's a lot more of a disappointment than a mediocre team contest that has things spread out more.

I also have full faith in the current admins in the organization of things so that the next contest will be both fun and balanced (which is where the last h2h fell short imo).
  • Levis%s's Photo

I must admit the most fun I ever had with the game was during the H2H ... cause working closely together with others gives the game another feeling :) and team spirit really helps

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading