H2H5 / [H2H5] Round Robin | Round 3 | Match 2

This topic hosts comments for 2 parks(View Parks)
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I don't think Marino stopped playing RCT just because he lost. At least that's not the Marino I know!
  • Levis%s's Photo
    your a good parkmaker if you enjoy playing the game.
    and if you don't enjoy the game anymore you need to quit. cause it isn't work. its for fun.
  • egg_head%s's Photo
    :mantis:
  • disneylhand%s's Photo
    I honestly don't understand why people feel the need to know other people's motivations for playing RCT. And to judge someone over it? Why does it matter why someone else plays? You can have your own views as to why the game should be played, but can't you just apply that to yourselves?

-disneylhand
  • Marino%s's Photo
    Ontopic.
  • Cena%s's Photo

Anyway, it looks like MM could have won this match, although I naturally hate everything done by cena

Thank you, I hate you 2, can with now shake each other the hands Hans?
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    I guess, as you naturally hate everything I did ;)

Oh, and I guess you mean; Can we shake each other's hands now? :p

SF
  • Cena%s's Photo
    I don't hate you, I just don't understand that post from you. That is all, I agree that people don't like my style, but just don't react on my work then :)

But why do you have to say then:

Anyway, it looks like MM could have won this match, although I naturally hate everything done by cena

?

But I seriously think that some people are taking this way too serious ...

It is just a fucking game, come on ...

What do you do when nobody plays it anymore? It can be in 1 year, 5 years or 10 years. When no one is checking the forums anymore?

I think you will be sad, and go cry to your mum or something, but serious, why do you think I haven't posted here in a while?

Last screen I posted in the AD was yesterday, the one before that? More then 3 months before.

Serious, don't take it so serious. it is a GAME! It should be for relasing after school / work whatever, but it shouldn't be a competition like this.

I really think this now, I know, I was different in the past, I really know that, but serious, it is a game ...

Well, it proberly takes another big time when I show something again.

And maybe an admin can lock this topic? Otherwise it is gonmna be a spambitch fest.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Dude, it's a fucking game!!11! ;) :p

I'm glad you're telling that to yourself as you obviously are NOT building for pleasure..
    For me it's a combination of pleasure and interaction with other members at this site who comment on your work..

Ahwell, I was just kind of kidding you, don't take it too serious as it's just a game :p

SF

ps, it's just a game, don't get too worked up about it!
  • Marino%s's Photo
    Well, this is interesting. Two Dutch people talking English with each other, the sarcasm doesn't work.
  • Liampie%s's Photo

Two Dutch people talking English with each other, the sarcasm doesn't work.

Especially when at least one of them has Asperger. ;)
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    I hope you're not trying to insult me liampie.
    We were just having some fun man..

SF
  • ivo%s's Photo
    He is talking about himself, right :p?
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Anyone who says "it's just a game" is a retard. This is honestly a life style and is the main reason why everyone is apart of New Element. It is also a way of art and can help people express them self. So whether it is for pleasure or just to get away; imo, this is more then just a game.
    -JDP
  • zburns999%s's Photo
    JDP and dlhand have made excellent points. I honestly get sick of the "chill out, it's just a game." If you all thought it was just a game, none of you would have signed up for an RCT contest. As dlhand said, nobody can decide why this game should be played. It means different things to different people, and provides a different experience for different people. It's not always just for fun. Sometimes it really is for the reward of it. There's not one person here who doesn't build something they like and think, "wow, I hope I get some recognition for this." It's nice to get some recognition for doing something in this game, just as an artist would want recognition for a painting, or an athlete for an MVP performance, etc...

Geewhzz said something in our team forum that really stuck in my mind. Near the end of SWS construction, he was posting about how tough it was to work with LL, and how eager he was to be done with it. Now, I can't say Gee was or wasn't having fun while building, but it was obvious that his major inspiration was the final product. And look what happened: he's now been recognized as the best "dual game player." Seems to me like his work was worth it.

So, in response to accusations towards our team that we're just in this for the victory...no that's not true. But we do want to win, really badly. We all want to be remembered for some great parks and great RCT work, I'm sure, and winning H2H would just be the icing on the cake. That doesn't make us pathetic or mean that we're taking things too seriously. This is a contest. As someone who competes in Division 1 college sports, I know something about competition, as I'm sure many of you do as well, probably even to a level far more prestigious than anything I'm used to. But that doesn't mean H2H is any less serious. It's a contest based on something we all love, so we want to win. It's as simple as that.
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    ^Thank you. You took the words right out of my mouth.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    i love you zburns
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Hey Marino.

Sorry i cant say I've read the whole topic. But i have read your reply about quitting because of this round. I'd urge you to rethink this. your obviously a good talent in the game and exactly what the game needs.

I urge you not to quit for such a reason. several of the top guys here wouldn't be here today if they had.
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo
    Life style JDP? Holy shit. I'll assume you don't mean that your life revolves around the game. I guess I agree with the point your making though as I see RCT as a portion of my artistic expression, which includes music, writing, photography, videos, etc.

Humans naturally are selfish, all their actions are to benefit themselves. We help others to get accepted and liked, or so we have a clean conscience. Even if someone is building to win, they are obviously getting satisfaction out of winning and theres nothing wrong with that. You can't really give someone shit for doing what they want unless it harms someone else. And if someone for some reason hates building parks but does it because they want the recognition, or just to make the community better, then I can't really argue with that either, although its not what I would choose to do.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo

Life style JDP? Holy shit. I'll assume you don't mean that your life revolves around the game. I guess I agree with the point your making though as I see RCT as a portion of my artistic expression, which includes music, writing, photography, videos, etc.

Humans naturally are selfish, all their actions are to benefit themselves. We help others to get accepted and liked, or so we have a clean conscience. Even if someone is building to win, they are obviously getting satisfaction out of winning and theres nothing wrong with that. You can't really give someone shit for doing what they want unless it harms someone else. And if someone for some reason hates building parks but does it because they want the recognition, or just to make the community better, then I can't really argue with that either, although its not what I would choose to do.

Wow, there's so much bullshit in this post, I don't even know where to begin.

RCT is not a lifestyle, but if you know where to look, it is a representation of your lifestyle and who you are. That's what art is, regardless of your medium.

And the main point I'm replying to this post is because of your entirely narrow and pessimistic view of the human race. It's easy to look at us and only see our bad. Everyone does it. Look at the opening scenes of Lord of the Rings where they explain that the humans are the most corrupt and power hungry, so they need 7 different rings. And this guy is considered a great writer, I guess... Are we in it for ourselves? I work with autistic kids for currently no pay, and soon to be very little pay. I hold the door for strangers I don't know, I buy dinner for girls when I know it didn't matter if I did or didn't. None of these things have any apparent benefit to me, my survival, or the continuation of my genes through my children. And that's just me, and I'm an asshole. What about cops and firefighters that give their life? Think they'r ejust in it for the nice funeral and pension for their family?

Broaden your narrow evolutionary view of the world a bit, and you'll see we're a bit more complex than you think. Simple answers are hardly ever as they appear.

@Marino-- I'm an asshole. That's what I do. Sorry to have offended you. But I'm really interested to know about your Banished Beyond avatar and where you march/marched. You're not the only drum corps person on the forum. ][ntamin marches Glassmen and I did Cadets last year.

Edited by Midnight Aurora, 25 May 2009 - 08:58 PM.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading