(Archive) Advertising District / Freestyle Music Park Canada

• K0NG%s's Photo
    Dammit, that's not Foghat!
  • Video_Kid%s's Photo
    ^ :nod:

Slow ride, take it easy - Slow ride, take it easy!!!!
    http://www.youtube.c...h?v=GcCNcgoyG_0

Oh my, do I love that song. Wouldn't it be great if I could listen to it will riding a roller coaster? WELL NOW I CAN!

Featuring for the 1996 season, SLOW RIDE!!

This prototype Schwarzkopf Star coaster features an exciting, spiraling drop, featuring many, many more twists throughout the ride. Slow Ride features many close encounters with itself and it's soon-to-be riders waiting in line. You will never have so much fun listening to Slow Ride again!

Slow Ride:
    Posted Image

Larger Picture of Slow Ride:
    http://img22.imagesh...57/slowride.jpg

I hope you enjoy, and I will see you next year for an update!

Best regards,
    Freestyle Music Park Canada
  • Luketh%s's Photo
    Nice little coaster. I was expecting "Peace of Mind", but whatever. I like the coaster, but.. that's about it. It looks cool. Nothing bad about it, but there's nothing I really love.
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo
    I think the rides could use more theming or else it is just a generic ride with a music reference attached. Theming it to the artist, mood of the song, or lyrics would make it a lot more interesting.
  • Video_Kid%s's Photo
    Yes, yes. Sorry, I am just leaving these coasters that are surrounding the lake, to just have no theming, and no foliage. The rest will have theming.

Thanks
  • Video_Kid%s's Photo
    Ladies and gentlemen,
    We sincerely apologize for the temporary closing of Freestyle Music Park Canada. After two years of financial problems, we decided it was enough and had to be closed down. But with the community's help and a Grand Re-Opening of the park, Freestyle Music Park Canada is now back up and running. With a few management changes here and there, we were able to accomplish a successful business in tourism and are happy to announce that we will be making many, many updates in the few months ahead. The park has undergone massive upgrades in flat rides, roller coasters, scenery, utilities, and all. With new management, I believe we are underway for a successful journey into the record books for the most attended park in the world, and we hope to keep future records coming with new additions to the park. Before I write-off, I would like to show everyone our latest construction picture of one of those new additions. And I would like to point out, remember those 'Record Breakers?'... well....

Posted Image

We keep writing, talking, and planning....
  • WhosLeon%s's Photo
    Looks like the turnaround of a B&M Hypercoaster :)
  • Video_Kid%s's Photo
    The year is 1968, where many events including: Wimbledon tennis opens to professionals, Andy Warhol shot, first Kodak Instamatic Camera produced, 2001: Space Odyssey released and Boeing's 747 first flight. Another big event in history was the rising of a band. Today, they are one of the most successful rock bands in history. With their recognizable riffs, and known worldwide for their famous iconic "tongue" you wouldn't be surprised Freestyle Muse Park Canada would be adding a song of legendary proportions.

"Jumpin" forward 31 years is Freestyle Music Park Canada's New Roller Coaster for the 1999 season......!!!

JUMPIN' JACK FLASH

This Arrow Dynamics Looper contains 4 inversions including double loops and double corkscrews. Add some twists and turns and you've got a Gas, gas, gas, gas!

Posted Image
    http://img577.images...18/91988002.jpg

Posted Image
    http://img217.images...20/99822782.jpg

Posted Image
    http://img695.images...43/55674658.jpg

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=e9XKVTNs1g4

Unfortunately, Jumpin' Jack Flash will not be completed for opening day but hopefully will be opened in the upcoming week.

Thank you,
    FMPC
  • Bolliger & Mabillard%s's Photo
    I can't believe this park is back.
    I originally saw it on RCPro, butnow that I see it's here, might as well watch it from here now.
    Amazing job.
  • Luketh%s's Photo
    Ah, dude, I remember this park! That layout is really really short.. I don't know if it's long enough to include a MCBR. The rest looks pretty solid, though -- Good choice with some Stones. ;)
  • Lowenaldo%s's Photo
    Correct me if I am wrong but Corkscrew at CP has a fairly short layout too (cant remember if it has an active MCBR). I also think you should try to have the corkscrews going over an actually walk way and not the queue. I do like the station though.
  • coasterfreak101%s's Photo
    ^I don't think there are any actual brakes on that flat section of track. There's quite a few of these similar Arrow layouts that have that sort of flat section that offers a break from the action without an actual MCBR.
  • Flap%s's Photo
    Looks Good!
    Arrow is known for long straight pieces whithout an mcbr included.
    Just take a look at more of the old Arrow Classics and not typically one.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    Looking good.

Could Marianas Trench perhaps get a place in this park as well ? :D
  • Video_Kid%s's Photo
    The MCBR is non-active in case you are wondering. But if there are some brake-downs it will stop there, but have enough momentum to carry through-on the rest of the ride.

My inspiration for this coaster was Dragon Fire at Canada's Wonderland and Corkscrew at Cedar Point. I would have added a medway or more paths through the corkscrews but I had no where else to put my tongue. Errr... that didn't sound right. A queue path was good enough for me to have the corkscrews to go over.

Could Marianas Trench perhaps get a place in this park as well ?

Already in :nod:

Thanks everyone!!
  • Luigi%s's Photo
    I might have missed something, but it needs some foliage. It's too plain for my liking as of now. I really like the execution of the parking though!
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    ^^ awesomecakes !
  • Video_Kid%s's Photo

I might have missed something, but it needs some foliage. It's too plain for my liking as of now. I really like the execution of the parking though!

Sorry I forgot to mention the reason why I haven't added much foliage up to this point is:

I use 8 cars per trainer 1.32 and I have had a problems where after I use Zero Clearances it seems that some scenery pieces including foliage are still zero clearanced :X It would be great if I could fix that, and I can add some foliage.
  • Video_Kid%s's Photo
    In the midnight hour she cried- "more, more, more"...

Posted Image

More to come.

Thank you,
    Freestyle Music Park Canada
  • Luigi%s's Photo
    This screen looks pretty good! Much better than the previous ones tbh. It could use something to break up the path a little and add some quarter tile foliage in the bottom of the screen. The foliage in the top looks denser as of now.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading