H2H5 / [H2H5] Round Robin | Round 5 | Match 2

This topic hosts comments for 2 parks(View Parks)

Which park is better?

1. Minutemen - Delta Desert Base 11 votes [28.95%]
    Percentage of vote: 28.95%
  2. Hurricanes - Renaview Bay Park 27 votes [71.05%]
    Percentage of vote: 71.05%
  • Buckeye Becky%s's Photo

I did not do the read-me :p

:X
    never mind then
    :D
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Well Dr Dude im sure your work is a lot better... oh wait I think I found some:

Posted Image

Ironically I just lost all respect for your parkmaking skills too :lol:
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo

How about you back up your statement or people will just think you're an idiot.

It's the ugliest park I've ever seen. I understand it's supposed to be like that, but why would anyone want to make an ugly park? I don't care how much effort was put into making the park look like this, it looks horrendous. Also, everyone knows that originality doesn't make something good. If that was true we'd all be listening to noise music and watching fringe art films.

Also, that screens from at least a year ago. I don't use 2 anymore either.

Edited by Dr_Dude, 15 June 2009 - 12:31 PM.

• Liampie%s's Photo

It's the ugliest park I've ever seen. I understand it's supposed to be like that, but why would anyone want to make an ugly park?

To imagine being in an ugly place?

'I've been in an abandoned park once. I want to go back but I can't, so lets recreate the atmosphere!'

Like that. Realism building is about imagining, at least in my opinion. If you can imagine being in operating parks only, you're obsessed. I guess you probably hate RCTNW's hotels, Sunrise Bay Ballpark, House of Happiness and all the other non-parks too?
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    No, becuase they look good.

Edited by Dr_Dude, 15 June 2009 - 12:37 PM.

• Sulakke%s's Photo
    Renaview held my attention for a veeeeery long time. Even when there is nearly anything moving. :eek:
  • Liampie%s's Photo

No, becuase they look good.

Still, you can't deny the parkmakers' skills here. The park may be ugly, but it's very detailed and somewhat complex. Do you only (literally!) care for beauty?
  • posix%s's Photo
    i'm wondering if dr dude has a double account and is actually one of the builders of the minutemen park.
  • Cena%s's Photo

i'm wondering if dr dude has a double account and is actually one of the builders of the minutemen park.

Shit, I am caught :(

Do I get banned now?
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    No. I'm not that good.

I just really hate the Hurricane park and I'm upset that a captivating park like Delta Desert Base could be losing to something as dreadful as it.

Now in my book a RCT park doesn't need to be beautiful, but it needs to be either good looking, be especially creative or unique, have meaning, or be interesting. The Hurricane park wasn't.
  • turbin3%s's Photo

No. I'm not that good.

I just really hate the Hurricane park [...]

How often do you want to say that?
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Okay Dr Dude we get it, you don't like that park, let it go.

As for both parks, this match up seems very well balanced, just like the other matches in round 5. Should be a fantastic round 5 and a very close one at that.
    -JDP

Edited by JDP, 15 June 2009 - 01:10 PM.

• Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    OK, I'll stop as soon as people stop attacking my opinion. Which more or less has happened.

On a closing note it doesn't matter how good someone is. Most film critics can't make films and most music critics can't make music. I can't make Asian food, but I still know what tastes good and what tastes like a mouthful of shit.
  • J K%s's Photo
    You must have a lot of bad food then because all your talking is shit.

K thanks now goodnight :mantis:
  • Cena%s's Photo

OK, I'll stop as soon as people stop attacking my opinion. Which more or less has happened.

On a closing note it doesn't matter how good someone is. Most film critics can't make films and most music critics can't make music. I can't make Asian food, but I still know what tastes good and what tastes like a mouthful of shit.

Screw all the other people :) Having an opinion is good in the first place :) Many people just follow the rest, having an opinion (although, most of the time, most people won't agree with you) is good.

And I agree with you, the MM park is just better, and I am not saying this as an member of the MM, but as an general builder.

Well that said.

It was a season with ups and downs. But in the end it was good :)
    Now we should wait for the 4 teams that advance to the finals :)
    Can't wait for that :)
    Good luck, and I hope the Whzz kids are gonna win this :).
  • Liampie%s's Photo

Screw all the other people :) Having an opinion is good in the first place :) Many people just follow the rest, having an opinion (although, most of the time, most people won't agree with you) is good.

Of course, having an opinion is very good! Discussing an opinion is good too. Attacking the parkmakers because you don't like a park is NOT good, however.
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    I never 'attacked' anyone. I said I lost respect. The people on the canes who have replied obviously don't give a care about what I said so it's not an attack. It would be an attack if I said they were bad builders. I didn't. The park obviously required skill and effort.
  • Liampie%s's Photo

I never 'attacked' anyone. I said I lost respect.

You lost respect for the parkmakers. That's just wrong! Making bad parks is not a reason to not like anyone.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    now gents, lets all look at this like men,

Dr_Dude, youre a cock.

no, i jest.
    both parks look stunning from the overvieww.
  • Cena%s's Photo

You lost respect for the parkmakers. That's just wrong! Making bad parks is not a reason to not like anyone.

I lost respect for you a long time ago. And I am not the online one :)

Well that being said, can we end the discussion? Nobody is gonna get an trophy or so for being the better in posting things at a fucking internet forum.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading