H2H5 / [H2H5] Round Robin | Round 5 | Match 2

This topic hosts comments for 2 parks(View Parks)

Which park is better?

1. Minutemen - Delta Desert Base 11 votes [28.95%]
    Percentage of vote: 28.95%
  2. Hurricanes - Renaview Bay Park 27 votes [71.05%]
    Percentage of vote: 71.05%
  • Liampie%s's Photo

I lost respect for you a long time ago. And I am not the online one :)

That's not the discussion here. And also, you ARE online.

Reviews are coming up. Voted Hurricanes, it's my favourite park next to Belmont Shores.
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    I agree with DR Dude, i found the Hurricanes park incredibly boring, there was absloutely nothing too it. Now when i said some peeps would of been good i meant that they should have been like park officials trying to get th park up and running again, i think that an abandoned park being revived is better than a totlay dead one.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Do you think we could get a discussion on the parks and not a bitch fight?
  • gir%s's Photo
    The Hurricanes' park is not dreadful, and in fact it's one of the best of the round for me, perhaps right behind Car Park. When I first saw it. I was thinking what poor timing it was that Belmont Shores was in the previous round, but when I delved into it I was pleasantly surprised with the thought put into it. Perhaps it's not spectacular like Belmont, but it's certainly clever! All the broken benches, lights, vomit, and trash were brilliant. All around it was enjoyable.

Delta was okay. I appreciate what's been done, with the dueling and all. Nothing really swept me away or kept me entertained, however, and I'm afraid that's what it's come down too. It's still a great entry and perhaps if it were up against another park it might have gotten my vote.
  • RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    ^^Agreed, besides the votes are already in, there's nothing we can do about it.
  • K0NG%s's Photo

I can't make Asian food, but I still know what tastes good and what tastes like a mouthful of shit.

I lost respect for you a long time ago. And I am not the online one :)

Not me...I have an enormous amount of respect for anyone that actually knows what a mouthful of shit tastes like. Dude must be a BLAST at parties!
  • JDP%s's Photo
    ^K0NG... That's probably the best thing you have ever typed. That my friend was funny as hell.
    -JDP
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    Vote went to Hurricanes. The park was pure class. Very atmospheric, creative, and the idea was pulled off great. So many little details I don't even know where to begin. I didn't really like how you drowned all of your opponents, but whatever, but I'm the only one. Park of the round imo.

Now in my book a RCT park doesn't need to be beautiful, but it needs to be either good looking, be especially creative or unique, have meaning, or be interesting. The Hurricane park wasn't.

I find this funny because I find this park to have all of those features. K0ng served you up pretty well, no point in going any further.

As for the Minutemen, it was okay, the alien chase was a great idea, although not pulled off as well as it could have been. I agree with, I think it was burns that said, why bother supporting it? The bio dome and delta lab was a cool idea and I liked the custom helicopters, tanks, and ships it just wasn't enough to edge out the Hurricanes.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Delta Desert Base
    + The coasters were good. The alien crashing was a nice surprise! However, I didn't get the coloured smoke.
    + The tanks and planes were very well done! I also liked that there was a plane 'hidden' in one of the hangars. Nice detail.

- The bareness.
    - The biodome. There was just no purpose for that. The foliage inside and outside the dome were exactly the same. Also, it was very undetailed. A biodome is good opportunity to make some sick foliage in my opinion.
    - Colourschemes. Looks like little thought went into this. The dueling coasters had nice colours together, so did the buildings, but the park as a whole was just too messy.
    - The big rocks were weird shaped.
    - The planes, parked on rocks. The Delta Desert Base crew should be more economic with their equipment. ;)

Sorry Minutemen, the park just didn't work for me...

Renaview Bay Park
    + Concept. I've rarely seen a park like this.
    + Execution. There were no major flaws actually.
    + Atmosphere. It was huge.
    + The pool was a great idea. It looks so real, I can imagine myself swimming in there. :p
    + The serial killer is one of the best ideas I've seen this H2H. I almost doubled the quality of the park. The bodybag, while being funny, was ingenious.
    + Drugsdealers
    + Hoboes
    + Drunk teenagers
    + Suicide attempt
    + Burned building
    + Guano

- Can't think of anything worth mentioning, only things like 'I would've placed one or two shrubs more over there'.

Hurricanes, thanks a lot for this awesome park! This is one to remember.

Minutemen, although I didn't like your park that much, thanks for continueing the contest even though the results of this match doesn't have any significant influence on your score. :)
  • Louis!%s's Photo

The pool was a great idea. It looks so real, I can imagine myself swimming in there.

snap! That's my favourite hobby! Swimming in a puddle of mouldy water! :p
  • Comet%s's Photo
    Nice, we went a perfect 5-0 this year as far as controversial match ups go.
  • Liampie%s's Photo

Nice, we went a perfect 5-0 this year as far as controversial match ups go.

There's nothing wrong with that! Controverse = content (usually).
  • posix%s's Photo

snap! That's my favourite hobby! Swimming in a puddle of mouldy water! :p

and corpses in it!

i also found the drowning very uncalled for.
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    Renaview was fantastic. Loved every part of that. Major points to the parkmakers on this one. It turned out just like it was intended, I can imagine. Looks exactly like I would expect an abandoned park to. I really like it.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    reneview barely beat out the minutemen for me.

delta base- very cool duel and great tank/plane/helicopter etc. models. very well executed, but not a whole lot of substance- that just lost the match for me. sorry for yet another loss...

reneview- readme caught me off gaurd with the whole earthquake theme. never seen this done before! very well executed as well with the empty sludge pool, the bars over windows, the overgrown midway games, and much more
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo

Not me...I have an enormous amount of respect for anyone that actually knows what a mouthful of shit tastes like. Dude must be a BLAST at parties!

Are you one of those pricks who says, "As a matter of fact I am happy!" when someone calls you gay? Becuase that's idiotic and ignorant of the science of language.

If this is considered spam then so is what k0ng wrote.

Edited by Dr_Dude, 15 June 2009 - 08:52 PM.

• Nokia%s's Photo
    ^stop spaming this up.

anyways to get back on track.
    well i gotta say i probably would have voted for the hurricanes. that park was awesome. i think some parts could have looked more rusted or old. but overall it was fab. good work guys.

and wtf was with the drowning? very uncalled for
  • K0NG%s's Photo

Are you one of those pricks who says, "As a matter of fact I am happy!" when someone calls you gay? Becuase that's idiotic and ignorant of the science of language.
    If this is considered spam then so is what k0ng wrote.

Actually, no one's ever called me gay. But, I am on occasion, quite happy. And, I know that if someone had said that I knew what a mouthful of shit tasted like....I'd definitely argue that instead of worrying about the science of language. Especially if I started it out with "Becuase"

And, I'm curious now......does SPAM taste like shit? Ask the experts.
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    Last post, I swear.

To mock me for writing what I wrote is to assume English is a dead language. Basically, it's not clever and makes you look like a douche. It's also stupid and ignorant. The connotations of words, and even the denotations, change as time goes on. At this point shit has at least three definitions. 'Feces', 'something awesome', and 'something really bad'. I was using the former definition and if you couldn't tell, you're either an antagonistic asshole or you're an idiot.

Also, the last time I heard the 'Oh so you know what *insert bodily waste here* tastes like' joke was second grade.

I think it's interesting that very few people defended the park and instead attacked me.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    It was funny in Happy Gilmore, and it was funny here. End of story.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading