H2H5 / [H2H5] Round Robin | Round 5 | Match 3

This topic hosts comments for 2 parks(View Parks)

Which park is better?

1. Alpha Legends - Schweizer Valley Amusements 9 votes [22.50%]
    Percentage of vote: 22.50%
  2. Whzz Kids - Atlantic Realms 31 votes [77.50%]
    Percentage of vote: 77.50%
  • Six Frags%s's Photo

It reminded me of Holiday Park a bit--a small park with one massive intamin that I can only assume is meant to be an airtime machine.

Score! That was what the park was meant to be.. And the valley bit also was meant that way; Low to the ground with mostly paths so that guests can view the coaster.. The black tiles in the middle were because of the 3600 tiles.. The coaster was too stretched to have water there or something else..

Ah well, an explanation why our park looks this way will also follow after the voting :p

Sorry you guys were expecting that much from us this week.. We have some good stuff for the finals going though ;)
    So whzz kids can have this week, we will take them down next round :p

SF
  • eyeamthu1%s's Photo
    Marginally - Whzz Kids got my vote - pretty much on the sole basis of the kick-ass rapids ride. Architecturally-wise, concept-wise, atmosphere-wise... the parks are probably on the same par. So as in most cases for me, it comes down to the rides.

Alpha Legends bet it all with the Intamin Mega Coaster. Yeh, the bobsleigh is quite 'nice' here, but doesn't really stand-out. The Mega coaster was fun to watch and certainly looked impressive... but whilst I liked it, I just couldn't love it. I appreciate it's real hard to make these rides on RCT, especially as real ones tend to have this huge swooping overbanked turns... but yeh, I still didn't totally dig the layout, and I thought the train took some hills waaaaay too fast - the pacing was off. So it was good, but not great. Also - the blank space in the middle of the park makes no sense whatsoever. You should have just filled that with a lake or something.

Like Alpha Legends' park, Atlantis Realms didn't have a ton of rides. I didn't really like the B&M Dive Machine... it was just way waaay too 'standard'. Seen it all before, and have seen it done much better before. The water coaster was fairly nice, although it didn't really 'excite' me that much. But the jewel in the crown, and what made this park get my vote, was the rapids ride. It reminded me of RiverQuest at Phantasialand, only with Atlantis theming instead; there were so many cool things going on here, and I really loved watching the whole thing from start to finish. From the vertical lift, to various drops, to the whirlpool element ... all real good. Definitely the stand-out ride from both parks, and thus Atlantis Realms gains my vote!
  • egg_head%s's Photo

Trust me, you won't :p
    Awesome matchup, I think, we have the best rapids in the season here.
    The Intamin was excelent, but way to fast. And what is with this support on the rock tunnel? I liked the park but felt it would've been better if you'd have filled up the black space with something - I know you weren't allowed tho.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    It seems to me that the park was one which was started before H2H, with a pretty interesting coaster layout, and then the map was adapted to fit the 3600 tiles problem.
  • Goliath123%s's Photo

Score! That was what the park was meant to be.. And the valley bit also was meant that way; Low to the ground with mostly paths so that guests can view the coaster.. The black tiles in the middle were because of the 3600 tiles.. The coaster was too stretched to have water there or something else..

Ah well, an explanation why our park looks this way will also follow after the voting :p

Sorry you guys were expecting that much from us this week.. We have some good stuff for the finals going though ;)

SF

Hey i thought that this was the best park of the season for you guys.
    For the centre i was thinking of having something like an alpine slide thing, that woul of been pretty neat. With some nice Switzerland Architecture surrounding the coaster, or a GCI woodie like Blizzard in snowdrift.
  • 6000000flags%s's Photo
    the Legend's park looked good on first glance but with a large hole in the center and some barren paths it looks kinda dull. The coaster kicked/hauled ass, and the bobsled was nice.

The water park used a fun scheme, though I'd add more hills and scenery near misses to the aquatrax. That was a great rapids ride though I'd try to make it go a bit faster through the whirlpool. And the dive machine works very well. The whzzkids win for me.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    IMO the closest match yet, I thought the parks were really even. I just could not make up my mind so I flipped a coin and the ALs won :lol:

Whzz Kids I loved all the rides in your park, just the rest did not really impress me at all. 6.5/10

ALs your park was really nice, just seemed so basic I could not really get into it. Also thats not a Giga people, it is well short of 300ft :p 6.5/10

I promise no coin flip on your playoff match ;)
  • X_Fusion%s's Photo
    My vote goes to Alpha Legends.
    The roller coaster is fabulous !!!!!
  • T.N.T.%s's Photo
    Wow. They really pulled the stops for this one.

Alpha Legends: This should be a Design. Would I call it a park? No, tbh. Not really enough there. But the Mega was awesome. The supports were spot on, and I really liked the layout. But other than that (and the bobsled), not much was there. I think it's all about personal taste for this match-up.

Whzz Kids: Much more to see, that's for sure. The rides overall look great. I especially thought the water coaster was really interesting. But, compared to your last match-up, not much effort was put into this one. Theming (especially) and path interaction was toned down a bit too much. I expected finer quality, but I guess you'll win anyways since there was more stuff there.

Personally, I would've voted AL. Overall, I thought, what was there for their park was great. But for advice, please, fill in the blank areas. At least a lake or a wooded area. Just so you have something there. I wish both teams the best of luck, and may the best man win. :mantis:
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    Before someone else mentions the blank area, please remember the size limit. If they filled in the entire center area with anything besides black tiles, they probably would've risked a disqualification for going over the 3600 tile limit.

That said, the Whzzkid's were the easy winner for me. There was a lot more content, I liked all the rides, and the theming and atmosphere was very good. Alpha Legends had a good concept (I picked up on the Holiday Park thing), but the coaster overshadowed the rest of the park a bit too much.
  • AustinPowers%s's Photo
    Pretty easy vote on this one. Went with the Whzz Kids.
    The scale and ride quality were superior to the Alpha Legends entry.
    I really like the escape from aquatraz ride. One of the only things I didn't like with this park was the concessions building...turrible. Nothing really mindblowing, but a good solid entry.
    I also appreciated the attention to details as seen with the accessibility ramps throughout.

The legends park was alright. The bobsled wasn't particularly good. The stations for the train were nice. Foliage and some architecture were good. The giga, I thought, was not quite up to par...especially being the premier ride of the park...and of such a scale. Not enough bending and banking...
  • Todd Lee%s's Photo
    I haven't had the chance to download either park yet, but from the screens the Alpah Legends coaster is far too large to NOT have a MCBR.
  • Liampie%s's Photo

I haven't had the chance to download either park yet, but from the screens the Alpah Legends coaster is far too large to NOT have a MCBR.

Why do you demand a MCBR? If this was a pure realism park (I think it isn't), the park doesn't need the coaster to have a huge capacity, due to the size. Maybe even two trains are too much.
  • misterthom%s's Photo

Why do you demand a MCBR? If this was a pure realism park (I think it isn't), the park doesn't need the coaster to have a huge capacity, due to the size. Maybe even two trains are too much.

I agree with guy smilie, the coaster is waayy too fast and a MCBR could fix that or just a lower first drop.
  • Todd Lee%s's Photo

It's only somewhat about realism. I'm not a realism whore by any means, but there are a few things that make a coaster nice. Take custom supports for example, even if a park isn't trying to be super realistic, it's bound to have custom supports in there. And a break run storage shed, just about all large coasters have a storage area for the trains, realistic park or not. I don't think every coaster needs mcbr's, but a coaster of this size seems odd not to have one. I know I'm going to be in the minority here, but a functioning block brake system can be a thing of beauty. It simply would have fit in nicely for this coaster is all.

misterthom, It's not so much about speed. I haven't seen the coaster in action yet.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    Millennium Force doesn't have one and it's taller.

It has track that was added incase it needed trim brakes but never did.
  • eyeamthu1%s's Photo
    I don't think it needed a MCBR. MCBR are there pretty much primarily for safety and capacity reasons - so that a coaster can run multiple trains. This didn't particularly need any extra capacity... so I don't see the need for it to have a MCBR. To say that it needed a MCBR to 'slow the train down' is just a real poor suggestion - for me, a good design shouldn't need brakes to keep its pacing correct. You see how much everyone hates trim brakes in real life... I do agree that the pacing is a bit off on it, and the train does go too fast, but the solution is not a MCBR - which should only really be added for capacity reasons.
  • 6000000flags%s's Photo
    The longer a coaster is, the less likely it is to require an mcbr. IMO they are to provide blocking sections, but mostly a way to make the coaster have better pacing on a smaller layout. The coaster could have used the latter.

By the way, the coaster would probably be a bit slower in real life.
  • LDW%s's Photo
    I think the parks are great!

Overall, I like Alpha Legends better; you rarely see a BIG coaster like that and I think a lot of effort has been put into this park. Well done!
    8.5/10

Whzz Kids park could have been better; it seems unfinished in areas and I just don't like the theming to the rapids ride. The rest was very good however.
    7/10

Please remember that this is just my opinion and its up to the votes... :p
  • posix%s's Photo

Match Decision

The 120 hours voting time for this poll have passed. Here are the official results of the match.

<

"Schweizer Valley Amusements"

22.50%

Park

Votes

Vote %

Creators

"Atlantic Realms"

77.50%

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading