Related Games / Orange Grove Amusements

• MF72 %s's Photo
    Alright, hey guys. After seeing CD5's park, I got some inspiration to start up my own new park. The file size is 131 x 148 with a body of water in the corner along with a river. The park does use some custom scenery, because I'm trying to get it to look as good as possible. There's not much right now, but hopefully I'll get some more work in over the summer break. It'll probably take 2-3 days until I can update, but I'll be sure to do it. Right now, I have the parking lot, tickets building, group and season passes, and the main entrance building, plus the bridge connecting the entrance to the actual park. Now, onto the pics.

Posted Image
    This is just a small portion of the parking lot, equipped with lights, cars, and idiot parkers.

Posted Image
    The group and season passes building.

Posted Image
    The tickets building.

Posted Image
    The main entrance building. I'm still waiting for turn styles to go in between the fences, but I'm not sure where I can find them. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted Image
    Somewhat aerial view of the whole entrance complex.

Posted Image
    Just in case no one saw my pics in the dump place, here is the bridge connecting the entrance to the park. Some things with this picture. It's a little outdated. The wood part you can see under the bridge has been covered up, and those lamp covers which have a bad fade distance are also gone.

So that's all I have for now, and I hope you guys like the way this is going.

Edited by MF72 , 07 October 2009 - 06:30 PM.

• FullMetal%s's Photo
    It looks pleasant, although the buildings are a bit boxy.

I'm interested in seeing where this is going.
  • Nokia%s's Photo
    i like the parking lot.
  • RCTCA%s's Photo
    This is looking really good, probably your best RCT3 work yet. The atmopshere is great in the pics and the colors are good too.

Keep it up! :)

RCTCA

P.S. I spot a park inspector!
  • MF72 %s's Photo

It looks pleasant, although the buildings are a bit boxy.

I'm interested in seeing where this is going.

Well, the buildings further on in the park hopefully won't.

i like the parking lot.

Thanks.

This is looking really good, probably your best RCT3 work yet. The atmopshere is great in the pics and the colors are good too.

Keep it up! :)

RCTCA

P.S. I spot a park inspector!

Thanks a ton, dude. Yeah, me too, unfortunately!

Alright thanks for the posts guys, can't wait to hear more.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Yeah I like that entrance quite a bit.
    And is that a Subaru WRX Sti in your parking lott?? If so, kudos for that haha.
    -JDP
  • MF72 %s's Photo

Yeah I like that entrance quite a bit.
    And is that a Subaru WRX Sti in your parking lott?? If so, kudos for that haha.
    -JDP

Thanks! And about the car, in the custom scenery pack, the creator called it a Porsche, but let's go with the Subaru.

This isn't a big update, but I wanted to throw this out there, since I really like the way it turned out.

Posted Image
    Here's the front of the security building. Don't worry, that billboard will be replaced with a security sign.

Posted Image
    The back of said building. It is said that in those boxes are the remains of the troublemakers who broke the rules in the park. :eek:

Posted Image
    The garage of the security building. Since no one is allowed around the building, this picture was taken outside the fence.

Posted Image
    The finished product.

I hope you guys like this one. I know it's not a full update, but it will have to do for now.
  • RCTCA%s's Photo
    Ooh, I like it. Nice details on the inside and outside of that security building. ;) Looking forward to more!
  • T.N.T.%s's Photo
    A hemi? Hmm, not what I'd expect in amusement park security :lol: . Looks good. Keep it up! (I'd cage that inspector)
  • WhosLeon%s's Photo
    From wich set are that fences in update one?
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    thge checkerboard grass looks fake. i dont think thy would cut the grass like that anwhere other than a princesses castle. other than that, nice job :)
  • LDW%s's Photo
    I really like your work, it makes me want to go and play rct3 myself... :p

Edited by LDW, 19 June 2009 - 10:17 AM.

• FullMetal%s's Photo
    You know, before I read the description, I thought that was some guys house. :lol:

Looks great. Love the details in the garage.
  • MF72 %s's Photo

A hemi? Hmm, not what I'd expect in amusement park security :lol: . Looks good. Keep it up! (I'd cage that inspector)

I think they chose Hemis so if someone tries to run away, they can run over them...I hope that's not the case. And thanks.

From wich set are that fences in update one?

Those would be shyguy's Circus Center Set over at Atari.

thge checkerboard grass looks fake. i dont think thy would cut the grass like that anwhere other than a princesses castle. other than that, nice job :)

Well unfortunately that's the closest I have to mowed grass, so I think I'm gonna keep it. Thanks, and glad you like it!

I really like your work, it makes me want to go and play rct3 myself... :p

Cool! Glad to hear I'm an inspiration.

You know, before I read the description, I thought that was some guys house. :lol:

Looks great. Love the details in the garage.

Haha, that'd be cool to live that close to the park! Thanks, glad you like it!

Alright guys, new update from me here.

Posted Image
    This is the administration building for the park. This building was originally used as a vacation home by the original owners of the park. And you can also see that very advanced logo made by yours truly.

Posted Image
    The back of the building, for those of you that like that kind of thing.

Posted Image
    The Admin building from the ground.

Posted Image
    And who are these sharp looking men? Well they're the park security guards of course; posix and geewhzz.

Thanks for the posts you guys have given so far and I hope to have an update by Monday at the latest.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    Is that the RCT Avenged logo on their sleeves?

Whether it is or not, it looks slick.

Okay, then, can we see some rides now?
  • T.N.T.%s's Photo
    Where's the door to the balcony on the 2nd floor? Kinda missing there... and the guards do look slick. I first thought they were working for the U.S. Postal Service. But it's posix and geewhzz, so go figure. The entrance is lookin' really sharp.

Now let's see what's inside.
  • MF72 %s's Photo

Is that the RCT Avenged logo on their sleeves?

Whether it is or not, it looks slick.
    Okay, then, can we see some rides now?

No actually, it's not. It's on the preset uniforms from the game.
    And, you're gonna have to wait a little bit longer for some rides, just because I'm not done with this side of the park yet, and once we cross the bridge, we'll hit mainstreet and there's gonna be some rides there.

Where's the door to the balcony on the 2nd floor? Kinda missing there... and the guards do look slick. I first thought they were working for the U.S. Postal Service. But it's posix and geewhzz, so go figure. The entrance is lookin' really sharp.

Now let's see what's inside.

Hmm. Now that you mention it, I probably could put another door there. Glad you like the entrance, too. And, about inside, there probably won't be an interior, because I mainly don't feel like it, plus there aren't many good items to make interiors. If you can point me in a direction to some good interior items I'll probably do them.

Thanks guys for the posts. No update yet, so keep posting.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo

I first thought they were working for the U.S. Postal Service.

Since when do Postal workers carry billy clubs?
  • T.N.T.%s's Photo
    ^^ It's cuz of the eagle on the shirts. Oh, and for interiors:
    Posted Image
    Just something simple. Doesn't have to be drastic. The park is shaping up very nicely (entrance-wise, though).

Edited by T.N.T., 20 June 2009 - 10:49 PM.

• BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    What you have is very cool but I think you lack in ceaivity taking your screens, you take too rct2-like screens. I mean what makes the screens of CD5 so cool, they are at our level of view, you look at his park like a guest would see it, you on the other hand take the view like RCT2.

Try experimenting with different points of view and I think you will make your park look better than now

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading