Related Games / Orange Grove Amusements

• MF72 %s's Photo

Since when do Postal workers carry billy clubs?

Didn't you hear? It's mandatory now.

^^ It's cuz of the eagle on the shirts. Oh, and for interiors:
    <snip>
    Just something simple. Doesn't have to be drastic. The park is shaping up very nicely (entrance-wise, though).

I'll see about it. Thanks and glad you like the entrance.

What you have is very cool but I think you lack in ceaivity taking your screens, you take too rct2-like screens. I mean what makes the screens of CD5 so cool, they are at our level of view, you look at his park like a guest would see it, you on the other hand take the view like RCT2.

Try experimenting with different points of view and I think you will make your park look better than now

Since you asked, I took some pictures from a peeps view for this update. But I don't see why that affects how my park looks. I take them in "RCT2" style because it allows me to show you guys more of what the building looks like overall.

So here's the new update. Included in this update will be the new bathrooms and new restaurant, Cleveland's.

Posted Image
    Belgian Guy wanted some peep view pictures so here's one of the security building.

Posted Image
    The left side of the entrance.

Posted Image
    Right side.

Posted Image
    The new bathrooms. I'm going to add the men/women signs once I can figure out where to put them.

Posted Image
    Cleveland's, the park's entrance restaurant. I'm unsure what to sell there right now, but it'll probably be something like burgers and stuff like that.

Posted Image
    Entrance of Cleveland's from the ground. Cleveland's is a two-story restaurant complete with two balconies and indoor foliage.

Posted Image
    The left side of Cleveland's sticks out on the beach overlooking the water, providing great views of the park.

Posted Image
    The entrance of OGA as a whole. The entrance's status right now is at about 98% done.

Alright guys, hope you enjoy this update. I think that Cleveland's could be my favorite and best restaurant I've ever made, and I hop you like it too.
  • Nokia%s's Photo
    the buildings look great, just the roofs not so much..
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    I like it, very good indeed
    The fact that you don't show the whole building leaves some mysterie wich keeps me intrested:D
  • RCTCA%s's Photo
    Great job on that restaurant. It looks really nice.

Looking forward to more! ;)
  • MF72 %s's Photo
    Sorry about no update, I've gotten a little sidetracked, but hopefully this'll continue later tonight or tomorrow.

the buildings look great, just the roofs not so much..

What exactly do you not like about the roofs?

I like it, very good indeed
    The fact that you don't show the whole building leaves some mysterie wich keeps me intrested:D

Okay, I'll try to include more as we go along. It's hard to get any good peep views because this area is really tight. Hopefully it'll be easier on Main Street.

Great job on that restaurant. It looks really nice.

Looking forward to more! ;)

Thanks man.
  • MF72 %s's Photo
    Alright, since no one's posting, I'll go ahead and start up the new update. Introducing the park's first ride! But I won't tell you what it is at first. It's a secret.

Posted Image
    First off, the park logo. This was made by someone who's name escapes me over at Atari. It's a little big right now, and I'm working with him to make it smaller.

Posted Image
    Here is a view from the new ride. What could it be?

Posted Image
    Nothing too important in this picture. It's not like there's a ride in it or anything.

Posted Image
    It looks like we keep getting closer! I still can't seem to figure out what it is. Any help?

Posted Image
    Oh, I see it now! Looks like a giant ferris wheel to me. "Orange Wheel" is the first ride you'll see as you enter the park. The actual base of the ride is hidden behind the first-aid building.

Posted Image
    Oooh! Reflections.

Thanks guys, and I hope you enjoyed this update.
  • LDW%s's Photo
    I love the 3rd screen, it's simply beautiful but I don't like your first aid building, I think its the building's color scheme. I don't think the colors match very well.
  • TwistedHelix%s's Photo
    I love that last picture with the reflections. Its really well composed. The rest of the park is also nice. I like the simplicity of the buildings and rides but I would get rid of the fencing on the roofs that arn't actual balconies and replace it with some other piece as it looks a bit strange and repetative on top of all the buildings.

Cheers

89James89
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    Definitely love the last screen. Excellent composition! Keep up the good work.

BTW, thanks for finally getting to the rides. ;)
  • T.N.T.%s's Photo
    Yay! Rides!! Rides placed conviently behind... a first aid building? Uh... could people jump out of the gondolas or something? I mean... odd.

That aside, it looks gorgeous. The ferris wheel is located perfectly alongside the shore. Plus, the building's archy is swell. Just need to work on the billboards, and it'll look 1337!
  • MF72 %s's Photo
    Page 2!

I love the 3rd screen, it's simply beautiful but I don't like your first aid building, I think its the building's color scheme. I don't think the colors match very well.

Thanks, but for some reason, it turned out A LOT bigger than I had intended, but I kinda like it, so I think I'll keep it.

I love that last picture with the reflections. Its really well composed. The rest of the park is also nice. I like the simplicity of the buildings and rides but I would get rid of the fencing on the roofs that arn't actual balconies and replace it with some other piece as it looks a bit strange and repetative on top of all the buildings.

Cheers

89James89

Thanks. And about the fences, I think it gives the buildings a bit more character, and it adds to the tops of the buildings so it's not just flat.

Definitely love the last screen. Excellent composition! Keep up the good work.

BTW, thanks for finally getting to the rides. ;)

Thanks, and no problem! There's more to come!

Yay! Rides!! Rides placed conviently behind... a first aid building? Uh... could people jump out of the gondolas or something? I mean... odd.

That aside, it looks gorgeous. The ferris wheel is located perfectly alongside the shore. Plus, the building's archy is swell. Just need to work on the billboards, and it'll look 1337!

It's very convenient. If you happen to fall out, it's practically a drive-thru. Glad you like it too!

Thanks guys for the posts and I'll get on with the update. Sorry about the long delay. There was a huge storm that tore through our area and we lost power for 2 and 1/2 days.

Posted Image
    Here is the park Emporium. Here you can find hats, shirts, souvenirs, and even umbrellas for those Florida rain storms.

Posted Image
    I'm not sure what happened here, but this definitely looks a lot better in-game than it does in this picture.

Posted Image
    Overview of the Emporium.

Hopefully you guys like this and maybe it'll hold you over for a little while.
  • TwistedHelix%s's Photo
    See that roof looks a lot better. Also not every roof needs fencing. Why not try adding something like the ShyGuy cornices around the top of the buildings then laaving the roofs bare as I reckon it'd look a lot less repetetive.

Cheers

TwistedHelix
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    Very nice work, you've really utlized the mainstreet sets well, without making them look exactly like the mainstreet itself. Keep up the great work!
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    That is a fantastic emporium! I actually really like the fencing on top of the building. I think it adds character. And the ferris wheel in the background? Belicimo! Or something like that...
  • RCTCA%s's Photo
    Wow, that shop is looking great. Really reminds me of Main Street USA... ;)

Keep it up.
  • olddtfan51%s's Photo
    This is another one of those parks that just looks really great it will be fantistic when its done.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Son of a bitch that first screen is just priceless! Love how the Ferris Wheel just towers everything in the back ground. Nice shot!
    -JDP
  • MF72 %s's Photo

See that roof looks a lot better. Also not every roof needs fencing. Why not try adding something like the ShyGuy cornices around the top of the buildings then laaving the roofs bare as I reckon it'd look a lot less repetetive.

Cheers

TwistedHelix

Thanks, and I'll try that on some of the buildings on main street.

Very nice work, you've really utlized the mainstreet sets well, without making them look exactly like the mainstreet itself. Keep up the great work!

Thanks, glad you like it!

That is a fantastic emporium! I actually really like the fencing on top of the building. I think it adds character. And the ferris wheel in the background? Belicimo! Or something like that...

Haha, thanks man. Great to hear that.

Wow, that shop is looking great. Really reminds me of Main Street USA... ;)

Keep it up.

Thanks for the comment and the bump. Got a few comments out of it!

This is another one of those parks that just looks really great it will be fantistic when its done.

Thanks, and I hope so too.

Son of a bitch that first screen is just priceless! Love how the Ferris Wheel just towers everything in the back ground. Nice shot!
    -JDP

Thanks! I do my best to get scenic shots as much as possible!

Alright, now for the update. Two new rides have been put in, but no buildings have been added.

Posted Image
    Here is the second ride you come upon in the park. Originally named, The Grand Carousel is the oldest ride in the park. Recently, it got a whole makeover and now sports this attractive canvas.

Posted Image
    Here's a view of the carousel from a gondola of the Ferris Wheel. Sorry about the un-finishedness surrounding it. Haven't gotten that far yet!

Posted Image
    Here is the beginning stages of the Orange Grove Railway. I wanna know your thoughts on it so far, even though you can't see much.

Posted Image
    Here's a small panorama of the Main Street so far. Those different colored spots are Main Street buildings I have planned. If you'd like to participate and create a building, just PM me!

Hope you guys like it!
  • T.N.T.%s's Photo
    Wow, I didn't expect a custom carousel. Looks lovely, imo. And please fill those spaces soon with buildings. Sorta looks awkward...
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    I love the carousel. Almost as much as the emporium. However, I think the queue looks a bit awkward. Perhaps wrap the path around the carousel, or use some quarter-tile custom fencing (assuming you can do that in RCT3, or course). Other than that, I think it looks spiffy. The orange really stands out, but not in a blinding way. Very nice. :nod:

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading