Related Games / Orange Grove Amusements

• MF72 %s's Photo

Wow, I didn't expect a custom carousel. Looks lovely, imo. And please fill those spaces soon with buildings. Sorta looks awkward...

It's not really a custom carousel. I just used the basic one, used invisible fences, then added more space around it. The original was too cramped. Also, "Those different colored spots are Main Street buildings I have planned. If you'd like to participate and create a building, just PM me!"

I love the carousel. Almost as much as the emporium. However, I think the queue looks a bit awkward. Perhaps wrap the path around the carousel, or use some quarter-tile custom fencing (assuming you can do that in RCT3, or course). Other than that, I think it looks spiffy. The orange really stands out, but not in a blinding way. Very nice. :nod:

I would change the queue, but I can't do diagonal path, so it'd look really messed up. Glad you like it! I try to use orange as a focal point, but I don't want it to be overpowering.

Posted Image
    Here's the building next to the Emporium: DiGiorno's Pizzeria. This restaurant supplies guests with pizza, fries, drinks, and ice cream. You can also see my basic logo placeholder, which is a picture of my kindergarten class. :/

Posted Image
    Here's more of DiGiorno's, as well as the outdoor seating on the side. For those who can get there early, there's a select few tables with umbrellas. (In case you couldn't see. ;))

Posted Image
    Here we can see DiGiorno's from the spire of the Emporium. You can also see the small lines for easier passage for getting your food.

Posted Image
    Here is the rest of Main Street. From left to right, DiGiorno's Pizzeria, The Emporium, Orange Wheel, and the First-Aid Building.

Posted Image
    And...Orange Wheel to finish off this update.

Hope you guys liked it!
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    DiGiorno: It's not delivery, it's a bunch of kindergarteners baked into a pizza pie! You taste that? That's little Billy! :)

Well, that's my stab at humor... But it looks nice. The pizzeria has sort of an old Chicago feel to it. It stands out a bit from the Victorian architecture of the emporium, but that's okay. It still looks good.

And I still love how the ferris wheel towers over the promanade. Don't you dare touch that ferris wheel!
  • MF72 %s's Photo

DiGiorno: It's not delivery, it's a bunch of kindergarteners baked into a pizza pie! You taste that? That's little Billy! :)

Well, that's my stab at humor... But it looks nice. The pizzeria has sort of an old Chicago feel to it. It stands out a bit from the Victorian architecture of the emporium, but that's okay. It still looks good.

And I still love how the ferris wheel towers over the promanade. Don't you dare touch that ferris wheel!

Haha. Yeah, I don't want Main Street to look the same way the whole way through, so I changed it up a bit. And don't worry, I won't touch the ferris wheel!

Alright guys, no new pics, but I'm gonna work on more of Main Street tonight, and the next update will be of one side of Main Street finished, so you can look forward to that.
  • T.N.T.%s's Photo
    A DiGiorno's? Hmph, I would've called it an UNO's. After all, it's "1" in Spanish; what's cooler than that? But the pizzeria looks like a nice alternative to the Victorian archy throughout Main Street. It makes me think if Disneyland were in the Keys... :D .
    And the last screen... idk why, but it's so disorienting to me. Why, witht the bridge at one angle and the ferris wheel at another (not 90', might I tell you!), it seriously doesn't look like RCT3. Looks... really cool.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo

A DiGiorno's? Hmph, I would've called it an UNO's. After all, it's "1" in Spanish; what's cooler than that?

Dos. Es uno mas. :bandit: O tres. Es genial, tambien.

Edited by FullMetal, 02 July 2009 - 09:49 PM.

• MF72 %s's Photo

Dos. Es uno mas. :bandit: O tres. Es genial, tambien.

Um....what?

Okay, so here's the update. And can you believe this; two buildings in one update!? :o

Posted Image
    Here is the park's Subway restaurant, serving Submarine Sandwiches (no way!), Fries, and Drinks. This building is the either the tallest or the second tallest building on Main Street, even though only the first floor is accessible.

Posted Image
    Here is Disiderada Bakery, which serves Cookies and Pretzels. I'm not sure how this building looks right now. I'm not sure if the purple is the right color to go with the brown. Any input would be fantastic.

Posted Image
    Here is an overview of the two buildings, from Orange Wheel.

Posted Image
    And...here's a look at the two buildings from The Grand Carousel.

Posted Image
    And the park so far, featuring 3 rides.
  • T.N.T.%s's Photo
    I think the purple works out fine. But the chair in front of the doorway doesn't as much. Someone might trip over the dang thing :p ! Also, I think the Subway really needs some touchin' up. Idk why, it just doesn't really appeal to me. Perhaps it's the colors? As usual, very nice quality work; can't wait to see more from you.
  • MF72 %s's Photo

I think the purple works out fine. But the chair in front of the doorway doesn't as much. Someone might trip over the dang thing :p ! Also, I think the Subway really needs some touchin' up. Idk why, it just doesn't really appeal to me. Perhaps it's the colors? As usual, very nice quality work; can't wait to see more from you.

Haha, yeah. I forgot to take that out. I gotta remember to do that next time. And I did some more touching up on Subway, but I forgot to take a picture.

Here's a new update, with a shocking 4 new buildings!

Posted Image
    Here is the Main Street Gifts building. It didn't turn out quite the way I wanted it to, mainly because there aren't enough diagonal wall pieces, and I had to use what I could.

Posted Image
    Here is Confection Connection. This store serves cotton candy and regular candy.

Posted Image
    And, this is the Orange Grove Railway Entrance Station. This acts as the centerpiece of the Main Street, even though it's rather far off, and offset.

Posted Image
    Here is the new bathrooms off the turn of Main Street. Also in this picture are the new railway guard thingies. They don't quite make it across the whole street, so I had to add a planter in the middle.

Hope you guys like it. :D
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    Holy freakin' crap, there's a tornado in the second to last screen! Somebody warn the peeps!

It looks good though. At first I didn't really like the subway shop, but after the touch-ups, it seems to be okay. I bit squarish, but no big deal. You've got some other lovely buildings to look at, so the subway shop isn't too much of a big deal.

And those are some snazzy looking bathrooms!

Oh, and I was speaking Spanish earlier. "Two. It's one more. Or three. It's cool, too."
  • MF72 %s's Photo

Holy freakin' crap, there's a tornado in the second to last screen! Somebody warn the peeps!

It looks good though. At first I didn't really like the subway shop, but after the touch-ups, it seems to be okay. I bit squarish, but no big deal. You've got some other lovely buildings to look at, so the subway shop isn't too much of a big deal.

And those are some snazzy looking bathrooms!

Oh, and I was speaking Spanish earlier. "Two. It's one more. Or three. It's cool, too."

Haha, no, that's just the smoke coming from the train.
    What don't you like about the Subway? I like it, but if there's any suggestions, please tell me.

Okay guys, no update, but I do have a question. I'm not sure whether I wanna keep showing this here. It's obvious only TNT and FullMetal are the only ones caring about this, so I'm not sure there's a point to posting it. Now I'm still going to continue this as normal, I just might not show anything. I might update every once in a while, but it seems obvious to me that everyone here cares more about Charleston Gardens than they do about my park. I'd like to know your guys' decisions.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    Okay, let me put this out on the table:

It's not about who's park is better. It's about having fun. If you're having a good time building your park, then that's all that matters. I learned that while I worked on Le Tonnerre. It didn't make Design, but I'm still proud of it, and I enjoyed building it.

If me and TNT are your only fans, then so what? We enjoy seeing updates.

And if you want more people to pay attention to your updates, try spacing them out a bit. Make us wait, like CD5 makes us wait. Lead us on. Make us want to come back for something interesting. CD5 made us wait forever for Derecho. Tell us you're going to do something, and then tease us. We like it. If you post one building every day, people are going to start losing interest.
  • MF72 %s's Photo
    I never said I'm not having fun with it. I said that. I said I'm gonna keep building.

And that's the thing I hate. It's always "CD5 does it this way" or "CD5 does it that way" and it's annoying. And it's a main street, what else can I do? Okay, yeah I can slow it down a bit, but people are gonna become discouraged by that.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    Discouraged by what? By the fact that you're making them wait longer than a day for "another building"?

I guarantee you: If you wait one week and post something like a custom ride (not a flat), people will take notice, and they will post some constructive things. Or maybe shake things up a bit and post a new themed area.

All I'm saying is that by posting "another building" everyday, people are bound to stop commenting. At least until you post something worth looking at.

Now, I'm not saying that you're doing a crap job. The buildings look great! But, I mean, there's gonna be a lot of buildings in your park. And showing nothing but buildings is going to get old.

Spice it up a bit!

Edited by FullMetal, 06 July 2009 - 12:53 AM.

• MF72 %s's Photo
    FullMetal, thanks. I understand where you're coming from, and I guess I was looking at it the wrong way originally. I'll see what I can do about slowing it down and sprucing it up. It's just that I'm a pretty slow builder, and these updates could take quite a while. Anyway, again thanks for the advice.
  • T.N.T.%s's Photo
    It takes time for parks like this to get recognized by the community. RCT3 is starting to show up much more around here, so it'll take some time for others to get used to. And the only reason CD5 is getting all of the recognition is because he was the first to display his park, completely filled with custom stuff and what-not. Like Metal said, spruce it up a bit. Right now, all we're seeing is a Main Street, which, although nice, can get a bit boring after a while, if you know what I mean. Once you start teasin' us more, then many more people will get interested. Especially if it's a rollercoaster :kumbasgreen: .
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    Another person commenting on your topic!!!

Anyway, looks nice, just do what FullMetal said and just spruce it up a bit.
  • MF72 %s's Photo

It takes time for parks like this to get recognized by the community. RCT3 is starting to show up much more around here, so it'll take some time for others to get used to. And the only reason CD5 is getting all of the recognition is because he was the first to display his park, completely filled with custom stuff and what-not. Like Metal said, spruce it up a bit. Right now, all we're seeing is a Main Street, which, although nice, can get a bit boring after a while, if you know what I mean. Once you start teasin' us more, then many more people will get interested. Especially if it's a rollercoaster :kumbasgreen: .

Yeah I guess so, but the thing that irritates me is that when I originally posted a park before him, all I got was, "RCT3 looks like crap," then he posts his park and gets praise. It gets irritating after a while.

Another person commenting on your topic!!!

Anyway, looks nice, just do what FullMetal said and just spruce it up a bit.

Thanks, and glad you like it.

Posted Image
    :D
  • nin%s's Photo
    Ferris wheels look so good in this game.
  • inVersed%s's Photo

Ferris wheels look so good in this game.

I agree with you on that one! beautiful shot MF
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    Best screen so far.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading