Theme Park Discussion / What Is Your Favorite Type Of Coaster

What Is Your Favorite Type Of Steel Coaster

What Is Your Favorite Type Of Wooden Coaster

What is Your Favorite Type Of Coaster

• Jaguar%s's Photo
    What Is Your Favorite Type Of Coaser. I prefer wooden Twisters, the type of coaster I don't like are arrow loopers. They are always so rough and bumpy.

Edited by jaguarkid140, 22 July 2009 - 01:40 PM.

• MF72 %s's Photo
    Well, seeing as Millennium Force is my favorite coaster ever, I have to go with Giga. I also went with wooden twister and wooden overall.
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    4-D, Twister, Steel
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    Flying. No doubt about that.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    First poll is very easy: Flying. I doubt I will ever experience anything as great as Air@Alton Towers... Maybe Manta. :p

Second poll: This is a harder question. Rutschebanen@Bakken has the most extreme airtime I know in any rollercoaster, but overall I like Troy more. I went with twister instead of Figure-8.

Third poll: My top 5 consists of steel only. Steel for me!
    (I admit only 6 of the 70 coasters I've ridden are wood)
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    Meh the only flying coaster I have been on is Tatsu and it was awesome the first time and now its just an OK ride.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I had to vote other in the first because I can't pin-point a specific ride type that I enjoy the most, I pretty much enjoy them all equally as they each offer a different type of experience.

I voted Twister for the woodie as it is generally more exciting.

And I voted Steel as I find Arrow, Vekoma, Morgan & Togo track incredibly sexy. Especially inverted Vekoma track.
  • Jaguar%s's Photo

I had to vote other in the first because I can't pin-point a specific ride type that I enjoy the most, I pretty much enjoy them all equally as they each offer a different type of experience.

I voted Twister for the woodie as it is generally more exciting.

And I voted Steel as I find Arrow, Vekoma, Morgan & Togo track incredibly sexy. Especially inverted Vekoma track.

I remember seing that post about your park that had those 3 coasters. Morgan basicaly uses schwartzkopf track and arrow cars. And vekoma has nearly Identical track of arrow. I like vekoma though, because it is smoother than arrow, but when I rode on demon at sfgam, it was so rough and I kepf on hitting my head on the restraint, and I heard it was smooth for an arrow, so I don't like arrows that much.
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    I'm a B&M Invert fanboy :p
    Everyone who rode Katun can understand what I mean.
    Oh and twisted woodies are awesome! (TROY!!)

"MFG"
  • Jaguar%s's Photo

I'm a B&M Invert fanboy :p
    Everyone who rode Katun can understand what I mean.
    Oh and twisted woodies are awesome! (TROY!!)

"MFG"

Yeah, B&Ms are awesome, my favorite B&M is either SUF, raging bull, or apollo's chariot. Now woodie Twisrers are awesome! If you have ridden on sfgam's viper, now that coaster is epic.
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    HAHAHAHA VEKOMA SMOOTHER THAN ARROW?????????? AM I TRIPPING BALLLZ?
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    If anyone knows what hybrid means, it means a coaster with a steel tubular track, but a wooden frame and supports, or a coaster with a flat steel running rail with a wooden frame supported on steel supports, a good example are cedar point's gemini or indiana beach's cornball express.
  • Jaguar%s's Photo

HAHAHAHA VEKOMA SMOOTHER THAN ARROW?????????? AM I TRIPPING BALLLZ?

I think they are, but I haven't been on too many arrows. Maybe it isn't the ride itself, but the age of the ride that makes it so uncomfy, but why i don't like vekoma is becuase most of their rides are clones, and they are unreliable. Well chance/morgan are smooth, but youu were talking about TOGO. How can you like togo? Their rides beat the crap out of you, I don't think getting bruised is fun, but their heartline twister coasters are interesting. I heard that Premier rides has a prototype heartline coaster.
  • Top Gun%s's Photo
    I love B&M inverts. They are fun to ride and just as fun to watch.
  • Jaguar%s's Photo

I love B&M inverts. They are fun to ride and just as fun to watch.

Inverts are awesome, but I prefer flying coasters.
  • Louis!%s's Photo

If anyone knows what hybrid means, it means a coaster with a steel tubular track, but a wooden frame and supports, or a coaster with a flat steel running rail with a wooden frame supported on steel supports, a good example are cedar point's gemini or indiana beach's cornball express.

Or it could be wooden track with steel supports.

You also said Morgan mainly used Schwarzkopf style track. They don't.

Morgan Coasters

You'll find that they use a track similar to Arrow & Vekoma.
  • Jaguar%s's Photo

Or it could be wooden track with steel supports.

You also said Morgan mainly used Schwarzkopf style track. They don't.

Morgan Coasters

You'll find that they use a track similar to Arrow & Vekoma.

Yeah, the track looks more like arrow, but I heard that morgan hyper coasters are actually fairly smooth, compared to arrows, but the one coaster company I prefer is Intamin, their track is so smooth, except for flashback, a harpin coaster that uses B&M track. I heard that coaster is almost as rough as SFMM's psyclone.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    Flying coasters are the shit. Nothing comes close the experience. Firehawk changed my life. :kumbasgreen:

In the wooden category, I noticed that "Terrain" wasn't an option, so I chose "Other". My top two woodies (:lol:) are The Beast and The Raven. Both are fantastic terrain woodies.

Overall, I prefer wood. Though not as comfortable as their steel cousins, they provide for a unique ride every time. The only steel exception is a suspended coaster. The experience varies depending on which car you sit in.

Edited by FullMetal, 23 July 2009 - 08:41 PM.

• Jaguar%s's Photo

Flying coasters are the shit. Nothing comes close the experience. Firehawk changed my life. :kumbasgreen:

In the wooden category, I noticed that "Terrain" wasn't an option, so I chose "Other". My top two woodies (:lol:) are The Beast and The Raven. Both are fantastic terrain woodies.

Overall, I prefer wood. Though not as comfortable as their steel cousins, they provide for a unique ride every time. The only steel exception is a suspended coaster. The experience varies depending on which car you sit in.

yeah, but I consider terrain woodies wooden twisters. If you have ever been on a wooden scenic railway, it has a brake man and the experience of the ride is different every time you ride it.
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    I voted Hybrid :p

But seriously El toro ftw

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading