Theme Park Discussion / What Is Your Favorite Type Of Coaster

What Is Your Favorite Type Of Steel Coaster

What Is Your Favorite Type Of Wooden Coaster

What is Your Favorite Type Of Coaster

• Jaguar%s's Photo

I voted Hybrid :p

But seriously El toro ftw

El toro kills, it is much better than TOGO's Viper.
  • Louis!%s's Photo

Yeah, the track looks more like arrow, but I heard that morgan hyper coasters are actually fairly smooth, compared to arrows, but the one coaster company I prefer is Intamin, their track is so smooth, except for flashback, a harpin coaster that uses B&M track. I heard that coaster is almost as rough as SFMM's psyclone.

Exactly, if the track looks more like Arrow then it uses track that looks like Arrow, not like Schwarzkopf.

Also, Intamin, smooth? Seriously? Are you kidding me?
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    The only intamin i rode was very smooth and its 2 years old, First launched coaster too.

Edited by Goliath123, 26 July 2009 - 03:30 PM.

• Jaguar%s's Photo

Exactly, if the track looks more like Arrow then it uses track that looks like Arrow, not like Schwarzkopf.
    Also, Intamin, smooth? Seriously? Are you kidding me?

I actually think intamin can sometimes be smoother than b&m, if you have ever ridden on b&m's first coaster Iron wolf, you would know, because it is really bumpy. Now intamin is very very very smooth, maybe older intamins like flash back, are rough, but millenium force is a good example of how smooth intamin can be.
  • reflex%s's Photo
    Inverted coasters are my favorite =)

Edited by iceĀ³, 03 August 2009 - 08:26 PM.

• FullMetal%s's Photo

I actually think intamin can sometimes be smoother than b&m

I don't think I've ever ridden an Intamin... But I do know that Diamondback at KI was UBER smooth. If there was ever a sexual inuendo that could be tied to B&M, it would be: "You'll never forget your first time." The seats were so comfortable you could sleep in them. And throughout the course there was only G's and airtime. Nothing else. You couldn't even tell you were going that fast, which was kind of a let down, but it was still awesome.
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    I'm kind of a mix here. I love big, fast, badass hypers and Giga's(Milly!), then I also love accelerators, quick-paced twisty rides, and loopers. This is why I love Maverick. The only thing it lacks is height, but it makes up for that in speed, twisty-ness and inversions. It also has some nice air-time too which is an added bonus. Really, Maverick is the most "complete package" of what I like that I've rode, and why it's my number one.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    ^ Nice change of pace for this discussion. :nod:

The Beast is my favorite woodie becuase it is a bit off the beaten path for what might be considered an acceptable layout for a woodie. You always here people like JDP ranting about how the layouts people post are thing that the companies themselves would never in their right minds attempt. Since riding the Beast, I've come to have an affinity for more original layouts.

I think what surprised me the most about the Beast were the straight sections of track. There sloped at a slight angle; enough to get you moving, but not quite steep enough to amount to any rapid acceleration. This slow but steady increase in speed was then followed up by tunnels twisting in darkness. It's as if the Beast has to get a running start before dragging you into the pit of death. This is repeated one last time after the second lift (which is a unique element for any coaster). The train starts slow, but picks up speed and then hurls you into one hell of a helix.

It really was a unique ride. What it lacked in airtime it made up for in the design of the track. It truly offers a out-of-control feeling. I actually thought at one point the coaster might break, but in the end, it only added to the awesomeness of the ride. I honestly don't think I've ever had as much fun on any other coaster.

I gave it a 10/10, and it holds two places on my Wall of Fame: Best Wooden Roller Coaster Ever, and Best Roller Coaster Ever.
  • Jaguar%s's Photo

^ Nice change of pace for this discussion. :nod:

The Beast is my favorite woodie becuase it is a bit off the beaten path for what might be considered an acceptable layout for a woodie. You always here people like JDP ranting about how the layouts people post are thing that the companies themselves would never in their right minds attempt. Since riding the Beast, I've come to have an affinity for more original layouts.

I gave it a 10/10, and it holds two places on my Wall of Fame: Best Wooden Roller Coaster Ever, and Best Roller Coaster Ever.

I've never been on the beast, but I heard that the son of beast is one of the worst woodies. The best wooden coaster I could think of is the viper at sfgam, it is so smooth, and it packs alot of airtime, and its layout is classic.
  • Ripsaw%s's Photo
    this was a hard one...

I loved X SOOO MUCH, and Air and Tatsu were sentational....but for me its

B&M Invert...they are the deffinition of poetry in motion!

Montu in the florida sun looks gorgeous, And Silver Bullet looks so sublimly aerodynamic but out of them all its the Almighty
    NEMESIS!

That coaster is a dream..constant acceleration,smooth as glass and it looks beautiful even though it has a post apocalyptic theme!

My fave woodie ever is the Ghostrider, that thing doesn't ever let up untill the end.
  • Jaguar%s's Photo

this was a hard one...

I loved X SOOO MUCH, and Air and Tatsu were sentational....but for me its

B&M Invert...they are the deffinition of poetry in motion!

Montu in the florida sun looks gorgeous, And Silver Bullet looks so sublimly aerodynamic but out of them all its the Almighty
    NEMESIS!

That coaster is a dream..constant acceleration,smooth as glass and it looks beautiful even though it has a post apocalyptic theme!
    My fave woodie ever is the Ghostrider, that thing doesn't ever let up untill the end.

B&M Inverts are awesome, have you ridden on alpengeist, that has to be the best invert.
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    IMO Gigas are the best type of steel coaster. Terrain woodies like the Beast are the best. And steel is best
  • Fisch%s's Photo

I'm kind of a mix here. I love big, fast, badass hypers and Giga's(Milly!), then I also love accelerators, quick-paced twisty rides, and loopers. This is why I love Maverick. The only thing it lacks is height, but it makes up for that in speed, twisty-ness and inversions. It also has some nice air-time too which is an added bonus. Really, Maverick is the most "complete package" of what I like that I've rode, and why it's my number one.

I second that.

I might prefer Expedition GeForce during the day but at night Maverick is just AMAZING!!! I never felt myself being so amazed by a ride. I just couldn't believe it when I was on it and even when we got to the brakes I was still speechless. Every second you are on Maverick something cool happens: fast lift, incredible turns, great airtime, inversions, launch, airtime, good turns again, and then those 2 half inversion things that are just MORE than amazing! Those are my favorite parts of the ride!! After that there even is one more airtime hill...just wonderful!
  • Lowenaldo%s's Photo
    im going to have to agree witht the mavorick comments, upon first glance it looked like a sad roller coaster. but after riding it, i was amazed on how incredible it was. it quickly became my number 2 for that park. MF is number 1 always.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    Maverick judo-chopped my neck. :-(

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading