General Chat / Fantasy Football 2013

• Kumba%s's Photo
    Alright so Top Gun is on the clock now and has till 2:40 PM EST to make his next pick.

Also JKay and gir have sent me detailed draft lists and will likely pre-rank draft for the rest of their picks. That will really speed things up since they each pick next to each other and me.
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    call me pedantic, but a little unfair that you have their lists and know exactly who they're going to pick between the pick you have at the end of a round and the one at the beginning of the next....! Can we at least make those lists public so everyone has that information?

my point is that if I had topgun's list with my last pick, and knew that Graham wasn't in the top 2, I would have drafted someone else then graham with my next pick

Great that we can speed up the draft though!
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Showing one player is one thing, but showing you all? I can't do that. Also I have been saying that they can send it to someone else and they sent it to me. In nither case did I ask them to send me the rest of their picks, they just did.

If they want to post them publicly they can.
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    why can't we see them all if you can?! I dunno, not going to make a huge thing of it but let's just say I wish I could have top gun's cheat sheet for the rest of the draft. It would massively help my drafting strategy.
  • Top Gun%s's Photo
    Mario Manningham and Brandon Lloyd
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Recap:

R1
    1. Arian Foster (JKay)
    2. Phillip River (gir)
    3. Adrian Peterson (Kumba)
    4. Michael Vick (Chapelz)
    5. Aaron Rodgers (tdub)
    6. Chris Johnson (K0NG)
    7. Tom Brady (Phatage)
    8. LeSean McCoy (JDP)
    9. Drew Brees (Comet)
    10. DeSean Jackson (panther33)
    11. Ray Rice (Deanosrs)
    12. Peyton Manning )Top Gun)
    R2
    13. Jamaal Charles (Top Gun)
    14. Andre Johnson (Deanosrs, traded to Kumba)
    15. Josh Freeman (panther33)
    16. Roddy White (Comet)
    17. Maurice Jones-Drew (JDP)
    18. Michael Turner (Phatage)
    19. Rashard Mendenhall (K0NG)
    20. Steven Jackson (tdub)
    21. Frank Gore (Chapelz)
    22. Calvin Johnson (Kumba, traded to Deano)
    23. DeAngelo Williams (gir)
    24. Peyton Hillis (JKay)
    R3
    25. Greg Jennings (JKay)
    26. Jeremy Maclin (gir)
    27. Larry Fitzgerald (Deano, from Kumba)
    28. Hakeem Nicks (Chapelz)
    29. Mike Wallace (tdub)
    30. Vincent Jackson (K0NG)
    31. Dallas Clark (Phatage)
    32. Brent Celek (JDP)
    33. Darren McFadden (Comet)
    34. LeGarrette Blount (Panther)
    35. Antonio Gates (Kumba, from Deano)
    36. Matt Ryan (Top Gun)
    R4
    37. Matt Forte (Top Gun)
    38. Tony Romo (Kumba, from Deano)
    39. Santonio Holmes (Panther)
    40. Shonn Greene (Comet)
    41. Reggie Wayne (JDP)
    42. Dez Bryant (Phatage)
    43. Vernon Davis (K0NG)
    44. Jason Witten (tdub)
    45. Miles Austin (Chapelz)
    46. Jahvid Best (Deano, from Kumba)
    47. Felix Jones (gir)
    48. Dwayne Bowe (JKay)
    R5
    49. Knowshon Moreno (JKay)
    50. Jermichael Finley (gir)
    51. Brandon Marshall (Kumba)
    52. Ahmad Bradshaw (Chapelz)
    53. Marques Colston (tdub)
    54. Jets D/ST (K0NG)
    55. Chad Ochocinco (Phatage)
    56. BenJarvis Green-Ellis (JDP)
    57. Jonathan Stewart (Comet)
    58. Mark Ingram (Panther)
    59. Jimmy Graham (Deano)
    60. Mario Manningham (Top Gun)
    R6
    61. Brandon Lloyd (Top Gun)
    62. (Deano)
    63. (Panther)
    64. (Comet)
    65. (JDP)
    66. (Phatage}
    67. (K0NG)
    68. (tdub)
    69. (Chapelz)
    70. (Kumba)
    71. (gir)
    72. (JKay)

Deano is on the clock and must pick by 12:03 AM GMT (7:03 PM EST)
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    I can't let Tampa Mike Williams fall any further. Would love to take another guy but will play it safe and go with the Tampa dude.
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    As for Deano's complaint about Darren seeing those players lists...I have to agree. It's not really fair that Darren sees those and can adjust his strategy because of it. God knows I'd love to be able to see who guys are planning to pick before (and even after) me and could use that information to save a pick here or rush a pick there. But, at the same time, I don't know that making that info available to everyone (or even one more person) would fix anything. That's why I'll never send my next choice in advance...for one, I know I'll be here before my time's up and I also don't want anyone having any idea what my next move is gonna be.
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    I think the fairest thing would be for someone else at the other end of the draft to have the cheat sheets. I do appreciate that slows things down, but it would be fairer.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Panther takes (via text)... Owen Daniels

Not much good sending JKay and gir's rankings to a neutral party now, I had to look at each since both guys wanted to make sure I understood the way they did their rankings. If anyone else decides to do the rest of the draft off pre-rankings please ask an NE friend who you know can get online a lot to do it, or hell ask Deano or K0NG so they don't feel left out :p

Keep in mind that I said...

Alright guys, after this round the time limit will be changing to 6 hours per pick! That will make sure things go faster through these later rounds.

Your still more then welcome to send me your picks, or even someone else who can post when it's your time.

So I did give you guys another choice. I don't intend on abusing what I have seen on their lists or letting it change who I pick next.

Comet is on the clock and will have till 9:55 PM EST to make his pick.
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    that's cool kumba, just try not to look at their cheat sheets just before you pick towards the end of the round! I know you won't abuse it.
  • K0NG%s's Photo

I don't intend on abusing what I have seen on their lists or letting it change who I pick next.

I know you won't abuse it.

Ok...take this as it's intended. This is my fourth year doing this league. I've also been in an NE poker league with Kumba. Let's just say that I've never seen him, once, fail to take full advantage of anything that will give him any kind of edge in anything. Hell, I remember being banned from RCTSpace for arguing so vociferously in the '08 RR final about him twisting, bending (and breaking) the rules to get an advantage. That's why I "bitch" so much....I've seen the way he works.

Just sayin'...............................as far as you can throw him :p
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    It's your third year in the league and im pretty sure that RR stuff was with Becky and about Emergo. Poker is a different game altogether and taking advantage of people there is a skill more than a vice. I did not expect anyone to send me their entire draft plan. I was asking for pre-rankings like a few picks ahead of time, not rounds.

btw I want to change the settings on per-yards points. Make each yard worth 0.1 point. So like...

A 14 yard catch = 1.4 points
    A 9 yard run = 0.9 points
    A 47 yard run = 4.7

Might want to do it with passing yards and return yards too, just not at 0.1 per, maybe 0.2 or 0.25 Would make a tie next to impossible, which I don't think any of us want to see again after last year's championship.
  • gir%s's Photo
    So I've only done this (and I presume JKay has a similar reason) because I'll be travelling for the next two weeks and I have no way of guaranteeing I'll be at a computer when my time comes up as I'll be in and out of hostels. It's not ideal, but this is just about the only way I can make this draft work. That's my explanation--we all just need to trust Kumba. :)
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    ^^ Stop being so defensive. You should know by now that I'm just fucking with you. But, if you actually feel the need to defend yourself....

The actual argument was "with" Becky but, it was most definitely about you. You'd used the "Mini Suspended Flying Coaster" when the rules specifically said "Mini Suspended Coaster" (she even said "the one with "Bat Wing" as an example). Even though it should have been "Bat Flight", it was clear which one she was talking about. I don't forget shit like that.

If you count the Playoff Challenge that followed last season (which I did), it is indeed my fourth "year" doing this.

And...I still think you were using a hack in the NE Poker League. No one can hit the river like that every single time.

But again...you really need to stop taking this shit so seriously :p
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    I updated the scoring, tell me how this sounds for now...

0.1 points per rushing or receiving yard
    0.5 points per every 5 passing yards

That all will basically be the same as last year, except that passing yards will get you a little more than double. RB/WR yards will now much their totals and not only round to the nearest ten.

For returns...

0.5 points per every 10 return yards for both D/ST and players

Never done this stuff before and am unsure of it's balanced right. I think it's perfect on the yards for RB/WRs on their rushing and receiving yards.

This is all open to discussion and nothing is final yet.
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    Yeah...that seems perfect. Except that I think a fumble lost should cost the player -2 instead of the team. You could just have it in each category...passing, rushing and receiving instead of miscellaneous. Although, I guess it pretty much all comes out in the wash anyway. Just seems like the individual player should be penalized for fumbles instead of the team.

Also, why have the undroppable feature? I know it supposedly protects from collusion...but, I think if you have a season ending injury, you should be able to drop that player and add one.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    That is what it's doing. It does not seem to have a category for each and the miscellaneous will be per offensive player and not effect a D/ST. On the D/ST I just made it to where you get 1 point for forcing a fumble and another point if you recover it. Last year you did not get a point for forcing a fumble and only got 2 points if you recovered a fumble.

They make "undroppable" players droppable if they get hurt, im almost 100% sure about that.
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    Ahhhh, ok. I just saw the "Total Fumbles Lost" and figured it applied to the team as a whole.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Alart! This draft might need to be put on hold because of Hurricane Irene.

Comet, Phatage and possibly tdub, JDP, Top Gun and Panther are all in areas that are likely to be effected in one way or another by the Hurricane. It's already being reported that the Hurricane is likely to cause power outages.

Now-tomorrow we will continue to draft, but over the weekend it might be necessary to pause it and await word from those guys.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading