General Chat / Fantasy Football 2013

• K0NG%s's Photo
    Was a nice little flurry tho :party:
  • deanosrs%s's Photo

0.5 points per every 5 passing yards

woooo wooo woooooo.....

This was NOT the scoring setting at the start of the draft, and I would definitely have drafted a QB by now if I'd have known that at the start.

Can let the other thing go, but that needs to be put back to standard, that's not at all fair. You can't change scoring settings that much half way through a draft, especially when you already have a QB and some other teams don't.
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    I didn't mind that change at all really. Had that been changed prior to the draft, I still would have waited until I did to grab a QB. But, that was my strategy from the onset. He does have a point though.

I'm good with it either way. But, it seems to have blown some sand up Deano's vagina, so.....
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    You don't mind it K0NG because you still got Schaub at good value. I haven't drafted a QB yet and would have done had I known that setting from the start. Plus, that is a really bizarre setting - 90% of leagues use 1 pt per 20 or 25 yards.

You're right that has blown sand up my vagina big time, I can put up with the other thing as much as I don't think it's fair, but if you want to change a setting that much the draft needs to be reset and I don't think anyone wants that.
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    Dude...if Schaub wasn't still there (and, I most certainly didn't expect him to be....I was gonna make do with Sam Bradford or Cutler, etc. I figured that Schaub, Flacco, Roethlisberger, Eli and all would be taken by then), I would have drafted another QB at that point. That was my plan all along. And, I get what you're saying about the raising of points for passing yards "after the fact" and how it seems to have affected your strategy here.....possibly more than anyone else in your opinion. But, 99.9999999999% of the leagues you're referring to aren't here at NE. We do things differently. Because it makes things more exciting. Like roller coasters. That's all Darren was shooting for. It's not like he checked the rosters, saw that YOU didn't have a pass-friendly QB and chuckled under his breath "I'll teach that motherfucking Brit to wait on a QB" and adjusted the scoring accordingly. I'm sure he was just trying to create excitement the way that only a 2 minute offense featuring a shitload of short, sideline throws can do. But again, it's really no big deal. And, I guarantee that it's not personal. That being said, when someone has an issue with something like this, we should just vote on it.
    Even if you have an elaborate sand castle that resembles Buckingfuckingham Palace up your twat (BTW, you can borrow my power washer if you need to...although it's your own fault if you don't keep that gaping hole covered)...there's absolutely no need to reset a damn thing simply because one person gets a bit itchy.

Anyway....if it's that big a deal to you, I'm sure we can just go back to what we had before.
    Bottom line. Old point system, adjusted point system. I'm good either way myself. Let's just keep on pickin' on.

Damn, I get caught up in this shit and get wordy as fuck when the meds and Jack kick in simultaneously, huh?

Fresh shot, right up front man
    I can see it now, we'd be on the front, smilin' man Aaaaaaaah, beautiful :SA:

EDIT: (3:23 AM) Ok, my poker tourney just ended (finished 2nd with an amazing, come from nowhere flourish) so, I think I should just go to bed now.
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    I have no problem doing things differently at all K0NG, but it's only fair that changes like that are made before decisions based on the old settings are made, and preferably with some kind of approval from the rest of the league as well.

I really would appreciate it staying how it was at the start, if the commish of our home league tried to do this halfway through a draft after he'd grabbed Romo I think the room would go absolutely mental and rightfully so!

I appreciate also that it's tough being a commish and Kumba is only trying to make it more exciting. I get that, but it has to stay fair as well otherwise there's no satisfaction in winning the thing.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Sorry, my math is awful, seems then 25 yards is worth 2.5 rather than 1.0, so I upped it by 1 1/2 then... did not mean to do that. What is a good way to set it lower? I'll change it just I never liked that 1 point per 25 yards, then a QB with 249 yards passing only gets 9 points for the 225 and nothing for the extra 24.

The return yardage look okay to you? Im pretty sure I got the RB/WR yards just right.
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    ST6 drafts Cedric Benson.

Posted Image
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    Sure Kumba, I completely agree with you on the 249 gets 9, same as 225. Just the same system using a decimal works best IMO, so 2.5 yards per 0.1 point, or divide by 25.

I think return yards will be fairly irrelevant this year off kick returns. But that sounds fair too, absolutely. It's difficult to draft for return guys anyway, really difficult to predict who they'll be!
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    I must have posted it wrong. It's set at 0.2 points for every 5 yards passing. So a 25-yard pass is still 1 point, just if its a 30-yard pass it's 1.2 points which I really like. Makes the QBs value just about the same as last year, maybe a tiny bit higher, were only talking tenths of a point.

As for kick returns I put it back on only counting for the D/ST at 0.5 points for every 10-yards. Maybe you have a player on your offense pick up some return yards, but that is not on offense. The exception is a return for a TD, in that case you get the 6 points since your guy scored a TD.

So anyways it's updated now. I hope you guys can all have a look at it as it's still open to discussion. Thanks for your feedback Deano, when I posted about the scoring system that was exactly the type of feedback reply I was hoping for :)
  • JDP%s's Photo
    matt ryan
    -JDP
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    Top Gun already picked Ryan at #36 bro. Try again :p
  • Comet%s's Photo
    Fuck you K0NG, I'll give you Ryan Grant and Jonathan Stewart for Jets D/ST
  • JDP%s's Photo
    my fault

Ben Roethlisberger
    -JDP
  • Comet%s's Photo
    Dustin Keller
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Welcome back Comet. Since he's able to get online now I think we can continue, I have just about everyone's text number that lives in Irene's path.

Recap:

R1
    1. Arian Foster (JKay)
    2. Phillip River (gir)
    3. Adrian Peterson (Kumba)
    4. Michael Vick (Chapelz)
    5. Aaron Rodgers (tdub)
    6. Chris Johnson (K0NG)
    7. Tom Brady (Phatage)
    8. LeSean McCoy (JDP)
    9. Drew Brees (Comet)
    10. DeSean Jackson (panther33)
    11. Ray Rice (Deanosrs)
    12. Peyton Manning )Top Gun)
    R2
    13. Jamaal Charles (Top Gun)
    14. Andre Johnson (Deanosrs, traded to Kumba)
    15. Josh Freeman (panther33)
    16. Roddy White (Comet)
    17. Maurice Jones-Drew (JDP)
    18. Michael Turner (Phatage)
    19. Rashard Mendenhall (K0NG)
    20. Steven Jackson (tdub)
    21. Frank Gore (Chapelz)
    22. Calvin Johnson (Kumba, traded to Deano)
    23. DeAngelo Williams (gir)
    24. Peyton Hillis (JKay)
    R3
    25. Greg Jennings (JKay)
    26. Jeremy Maclin (gir)
    27. Larry Fitzgerald (Deano, from Kumba)
    28. Hakeem Nicks (Chapelz)
    29. Mike Wallace (tdub)
    30. Vincent Jackson (K0NG)
    31. Dallas Clark (Phatage)
    32. Brent Celek (JDP)
    33. Darren McFadden (Comet)
    34. LeGarrette Blount (Panther)
    35. Antonio Gates (Kumba, from Deano)
    36. Matt Ryan (Top Gun)
    R4
    37. Matt Forte (Top Gun)
    38. Tony Romo (Kumba, from Deano)
    39. Santonio Holmes (Panther)
    40. Shonn Greene (Comet)
    41. Reggie Wayne (JDP)
    42. Dez Bryant (Phatage)
    43. Vernon Davis (K0NG)
    44. Jason Witten (tdub)
    45. Miles Austin (Chapelz)
    46. Jahvid Best (Deano, from Kumba)
    47. Felix Jones (gir)
    48. Dwayne Bowe (JKay)
    R5
    49. Knowshon Moreno (JKay)
    50. Jermichael Finley (gir)
    51. Brandon Marshall (Kumba)
    52. Ahmad Bradshaw (Chapelz)
    53. Marques Colston (tdub)
    54. Jets D/ST (K0NG)
    55. Chad Ochocinco (Phatage)
    56. BenJarvis Green-Ellis (JDP)
    57. Jonathan Stewart (Comet)
    58. Mark Ingram (Panther)
    59. Jimmy Graham (Deano)
    60. Mario Manningham (Top Gun)
    R6
    61. Brandon Lloyd (Top Gun)
    62. Mike Williams-TB (Deano)
    63. Owen Daniels (Panther)
    64. Ryan Grant (Comet)
    65. Eagles D/ST (JDP)
    66. Steeler D/ST (Phatage}
    67. Matt Schaub (K0NG)
    68. Stevie Johnson (tdub)
    69. Ryan Mathews (Chapelz)
    70. Fred Jackson (Kumba)
    71. Percy Harvin (gir)
    72. Wes Welker (JKay)
    R7
    73. Matt Cassel (JKay)
    74. Packers D/ST (gir)
    75. Anquan Boldin (Kumba)
    76. Austin Collie (Chapelz)
    77. Joseph Addai (tdub)
    78. Santana Moss (K0NG)
    79. Cedric Benson (Phatage)
    80. Ben Rothlisberger (JDP)
    81. Dustin Keller (Comet)
    82. (Panther)
    83. (Deano)
    84. (Top Gun)

Panther is on the clock
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Panther takes... Bears D/ST

Deano does not have a hurricane heading towards him, so he is on the clock and has till 1:00 PM GMT (7:00 AM EST) to pick.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    On page one I posted the draft recap with all the slots from all the rounds. If you want to see the your exact pick numbers their all there. Damn... over 100 more picks to go! :drool:
  • K0NG%s's Photo

Fuck you K0NG, I'll give you Ryan Grant and Jonathan Stewart for Jets D/ST

Gonna have to do a fuck of a lot better than that, considering that all the good D/ST's are gone now.

^ Ya know....I wondered why you didn't just update it on the first page from the beginning. Takes up less space and it's easy to locate. But, it's there now, so.......
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    Marshawn Lynch

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading