Music Forum / Music Dump Place

• Dimi%s's Photo
    ^ Although I don't like metal I really enjoyed the live version. The music was quite atmospheric.

This summer a friend and I made two instrumental covers which we recorded with a cell phone since we don't have anything better yet so the quality sucks. It was the first we actually played full songs, so critique is very much appreciated. I play the bass.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=hcFPw66IWPM
    http://www.youtube.c...h?v=dMf98gnrX1g
  • Imi%s's Photo
    http://www.youtube.c...Yw&feature=fvst
    i did this a few weeks ago ;)
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    liieeessssss :L
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    february is a few weeks ago?
  • Imi%s's Photo
    oh sorry, i was meant to say "i did this a few weeks ago... i wish.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    cobus will always win my heart.
  • Imi%s's Photo
    i was going to copy a link to cobus, but i thought nahh, that's way to obvious
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    Man, I can't wait til I get my little studio finished so I can join the fun here...Y'all can see how hard us old fucks can still rock.

BTW, I'm looking for a BOSS SE50: half sized rack effects processor. Yeah, it's dated but I know it inside out and it'll do everything I need. Also looking for a BBE sonic maximizer (dual channel/circa 1990-1992) and a decent, but inexpensive rack mountable compressor/limiter (mostly for vocals). Most of what I'm looking for is kinda hard to find because of how old it is and the fact that most people (like me) that know how brilliantly these units function tend to hold on to them. Since this is just a hobby for me now, I'm looking to pick this stuff up as cheap as possible.
    Any help will be heavily appreciated.
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo

Man, I can't wait til I get my little studio finished so I can join the fun here...Y'all can see how hard us old fucks can still rock.

BTW, I'm looking for a BOSS SE50: half sized rack effects processor. Yeah, it's dated but I know it inside out and it'll do everything I need. Also looking for a BBE sonic maximizer (dual channel/circa 1990-1992) and a decent, but inexpensive rack mountable compressor/limiter (mostly for vocals). Most of what I'm looking for is kinda hard to find because of how old it is and the fact that most people (like me) that know how brilliantly these units function tend to hold on to them. Since this is just a hobby for me now, I'm looking to pick this stuff up as cheap as possible.
    Any help will be heavily appreciated.

I'd always think a refined gentleman like K0NG would play classical music on the piano or violin. Isn't that right K0NG?
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    really looking forward to that k0ng.
  • K0NG%s's Photo

I'd always think a refined gentleman like K0NG would play classical music on the piano or violin. Isn't that right K0NG?

Uhhhh, yeah. Although I actually used to write some of my vocal melodies on piano and stuck a dual humbucker into a violin once and cranked it through a Marshall half stack. Pretty awesome sound, but it never caught on. I think it just didn't look right to be standing there with a violin on your shoulder in eyeliner, studs and black leather.
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    My complete top bands..

The Used, 30 seconds to mars, Hollywood Undead, Eminem, Panic at the disco, The Red jumpsuit Apparatus, Green day, The Almost, Enter Shikari, As I lay dying, Dashboard Confessional, Senses Fail, The Audition, As The Sky awaits, The Devil Wears Prada, The League, The Offspring, The Scene Aesthetic, Underoath, Armor For Sleep, Mayday Parade, Scary kids scaring kids, Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Hawthorne Heights, Fall out Boy, Chemical Romance, Eminem, Epik High, Big Bang, Basshunter, Paralyzer, Defttones.
    thumbs up for the ATSA reference:D
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    hey In:Cities, when is your album comming out? I'd like to hear some more of you guys,

On a different note, trying to get a band together and all we need now is a rehearsal room, hardest part of the starting process though, can't wait till we get some stuff up and running so I can share aswell.
    we're aiming for 1/1/11.
    but the album should be completed around the end of next month.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    glad to hear that man, I hope you guys make it big and wil be succesful in what you want to reach with this...
    best of luck, try getting to belgium on a tour once and let me know...
    Check this out! I got bored yesterday and started messing around a bit with some song ideas and came up with this.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=X_WRrPc6p1E
  • Comet%s's Photo
    That's awesome, I wish your band stuff was more like that
    It'd be great to hear with vocals and other instruments
    lol this is my favorite type of music.
    all i listen to is this style. [like the appleseed cast]

but the reason my band sounds the way we do is because of what we listen to.
    all of my guitar parts are heavily influenced by this style. my drummer listens to nothing but black dahlia murder and whitechapel. so his drumming is very metal and crazy.
    and this goes for all of us in the band. we all listen to completely different music, and somehow it blends together to create a good sound.
    its awesome because i can truly say we have our own style.
    one you hear our new music, that will become very evident. its more melodic than ever:]
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    just for fun, really.
    my voice sounds a little awkward throught the whole thing. i noticed it snowing when i hit record, and was distracted throughout :p

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading