Music Forum / Who listens to rock music here?

• SSSammy%s's Photo
    i listen to whatever the fuck sounds good. but im especially fond of Jazz and classical.
    then theres all teh rock i listen to, like muse, RHCP, Queen, RATM, block party and the killers.
  • Highball%s's Photo

Nice. What country stuff are you into?

Everything but Rascal Flatts, Lady Antebellum, and Taylor Swift. My favorite artists are Kenny Chesney, Josh Turner, Luke Bryan, Brad Paisley, Montgomery Gentry, Brooks & Dunn, and Rodney Atkins.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    my fav band ever is brokencyde, i wanna have there babbies
  • In:Cities%s's Photo

my fav band ever is brokencyde, i wanna have there babbies

aha that made me laugh

i was unfortunate enough to walk past their set at warped in miami, and i was horrified.
    not just the fact that the music sounds horrible. (i mean come one, 4 or 5 guys doing crappy screams and fake pig squeals with their mics cupped super close to their mouth so it makes it seem like they can actually do it, and with ridiculous over produced generic hip hop/rock playing in the background. no band mind you, just a CD playing...]

but it was horrifying cause there were kids there that were actually enjoying them.
    there were kids 'moshing' to them!

ugh.
    its sad that "crunkcore" and the like even exists.
    i mean, its one thing for a legit hardcore band in the scene to do a cover of a hip hop song, but for a 'band' to actually make that their own genre is disgusting.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    Good bands, good music? Let's see:

Ozzy Osbourne, Van Halen, Jimi Hendrix, Boston, Rush, Queen, Ratt, Slaughter, Scorpions, Cinderella, Candlebox, Concrete Blonde, Alice Cooper, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, WASP, Pantera, REO Speedwagon, .32 Special, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Electric Light Orchestra, Men At Work, Whitesnake, The Beatles, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Cactus, Poison, Judas Priest, The Amboy Dukes, McAuly-Schenker Group, Autograph, UFO, Def Leppard, Motely Crue, Guns 'n Roses, Blue Oyster Cult, Sammy Hagar, Foghat, Metallica, Deep Purple, ZZ Top, KISS, Rainbow, Pat Travers, Krokus, Living Colour, Iron Maiden, Twisted Sister, The Edgar Winter Group, Led Zepellin, Rolling Stones, Quiet Riot, Ram Jam, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, White Zombie, Aerosmith, Accept, Dokken, Aldo Nova, Meatloaf, Queensryche, Europe, Billy Idol, Danzig, The Eagles, Jackyl, Megadeth, Anthrax, David Lee Roth, Slayer, Thin Lizzy, Wall of Voodoo, Pink Floyd, Bob Segar, Uriah Heep, Blackfoot, Y&T, The Kinks, Iron Butterfly, Styx, Foreigner, Mountain, Joe Satriani, Molly Hatchet, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, April Wine, Michael Jackson, Motorhead, Grand Funk Railroad, Tesla, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jefferson Starship, Carlos Santana, Nazareth, Axe, Pearl Jam, Extreme, The Dead Kennedys, Heart, Ted Nugent, James Gang, Cult, Skid Row, Great White, Rod Stewart, Tom Petty, America, Eddie Money, The Charlie Daniels Band, Johnny Cash, Cake, Nirvana, Brownsville Station, Sweet, REM, Kansas, Alice In Chains, The Allman Brothers Band, The B-52's, Billy Joel, Billy Squier, The Cars, Creed, The Cure, David Bowie, Dire Straits, Duran Duran, Eric Clapton, The Fabulous Thunderbirds, Free, Genesis, Joe Cocker, George Thorogood, Golden Earring, Goldfinger, Grateful Dead, INXS, Joe Walsh, John Waite, Midnight Oil, The Moody Blues, OAR, Oingo Boingo, Pat Benatar, Phil Collins, The Police, Creedance Clearwater Revival, The Presidents of the United States of America, Rick Derringer, Dave Matthews, Rob Thomas, Smash Mouth, Steel Heart, The Steve Miller Band, War, 3 Doors Down, Disturbed, Evanescence, Nickelback, Within Temptation, Primus, Green Day, Foo Fighters, Three Days Grace, Saving Abel, Breaking Benjamin, Avenged Sevenfold, Coheed & Cambria, System of a Down, Linkin Park, Utada Hikaru, Shinedown, Mudvayne, High and Mighty Color, Orgy, U2, Barenaked Ladies, Blue Man Group, ..........................

There's more, I just got tired of typing. It's mostly rock, some soft rock, a couple pop artists, a couple country artists, some newer stuff toward the end, you get the idea. Absolutely no rap or hip-hop.

Also, maybe it is tE who should listen to some better music. I have no idea who "Brokencyde" is. But from the name, it sounds like they make the same kind of music any of the other indie bands make. Boring or retarded, one of the two.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    haha. listen to better music fullmetal

e brokencyde is about as far away from generic indie music as you can get, god damn. it's definitely retarded though.

Edited by tracidEdge, 02 September 2009 - 12:14 AM.

Good bands, good music? Let's see:

Sammy Hagar, ...Smash Mouth, ...3 Doors Down, ...Disturbed, ...Evanescence, ...Nickelback, ...Three Days Grace, ...Breaking Benjamin.

bro, this is the kind of stuff that my friend's mom jams out to.
    like, going to their concerts and stuff.

also, i kindof fail to see how you can like great bands such as Van Halen, the Beatles, Stevie Ray, Clapton, etc, but you include in that same list: Nickleback.

duuuuude thats pretty whack.

Also, maybe it is tE who should listen to some better music. I have no idea who "Brokencyde" is. But from the name, it sounds like they make the same kind of music any of the other indie bands make. Boring or retarded, one of the two.

i've got three issues with this paragraph actually.

1. personally, i think tracid has a pretty sick taste in music. its diverse, and raw, but its all good to me. i've found some pretty great bands just by checking out some of the stuff he posts in the 'what are you listening to?' topic.
    also, i'm fairly certain he was joking about liking brokencyde, if you didnt catch the sarcasm lol.

2. Brokencyde is as far from indie as you can possibly get. actually, in my opinion, its as far from good music as you can get as well.
    and really, how can you judge what a band is like from their name? lol.
    i mean, if that were the case, then how would you perceive groups like: KISS, or foo fighters, or even like, the Goo goo dolls or red jumpsuit apparatus haha.
    most of the time, a bands name has absolutely nothing that links them to a specific sound or genre.

and just for the record, a name like brokencyde in no way reminds me of an indie style band name lol

aaaaandddd...
    3. are you implying that all indie bands make 'boring' or 'retarted' music?
    really?

wow.

i'm not trying to be rude or anything in this reply bro, i just get a little fired up when it comes to music, so dont take it personal at all lol.
  • Steve%s's Photo

haha. listen to better music fullmetal

Are we done making this statement yet? Like, really, who is anyone to tell someone to "listen to better music?" Just because you don't like it? Yeah, okay, maybe FullMetal likes it. No music is "better" than other music. It all depends on what you're into. FullMetal is into Nickelback or whatever, and tracidEdge likes hip indie rock. Agree to disagree and stop telling people what to do.

FullMetal, indie rock bands are not boring, nor retarded. You are just looking in the wrong places I think.

Try using Pandora with a band you've heard of that you liked that may be considered "indie" and see what comes of it.

ps, I have nothing against Brokencyde. They're a bunch of dudes making music they enjoy. They have fans. I respect that. The music might not be the best, sure, whatever.
  • Katapultable%s's Photo
    I do! http://www.last.fm/user/Katapultable
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    steve go listen to better music, god damn
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo

Try using Pandora with a band you've heard of that you liked that may be considered "indie" and see what comes of it.
    ps, I have nothing against Brokencyde. They're a bunch of dudes making music they enjoy. They have fans. I respect that. The music might not be the best, sure, whatever.

You've obviously never ACTUALLY listened to them. The music isn't just universally accepted as shit (seriously, their Last.fm shoutbox has like three positive shouts), the lyrics terrible, in every possible sense of that word.

Also, Fullmetel, try listening something like Built to Spill. They've got enough solos and classic influence to keep someone like you interested, but they are also boring retarded indie rock.

I may as well link to my Last.fm http://www.last.fm/user/robbyreyn basically nothing scrobbles anymore unless I listen to it via iTunes or Laast.fm's radio, which sort of sucks. Also lol TMBG.
  • Steve%s's Photo

You've obviously never ACTUALLY listened to them. The music isn't just universally accepted as shit (seriously, their Last.fm shoutbox has like three positive shouts), the lyrics terrible, in every possible sense of that word.

Really, I would expect nothing less of the music snobbery that is Last.fm.

I have not actually heard them. I never said I did. I assume they make music cause they enjoy it. inCities says they clearly have a fanbase. All I was saying I can respect that. I do not give two shits about them, but you gotta show a little love for a band making it in this day and age, regardless of how shitty it might be. That is all I was saying.
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Qa6qpgLvH30

You're supporting this. I hope you know that. And them you call a few million people snobs (including myself and several other posters in this topic).
  • Steve%s's Photo
    I feel like I am talking to a brick wall.
    how about we all just be happy and go listen to the new Brand New album?:]
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    And how am I not talking to one.

My point is they are not actually a music collective, rather, they are a group of people who thought they could make a cheap buck combining several rebellious things (sex, booze, "gangster rap" and "screamo") by screaming over tape loops.

Anyway, I'm going to go listen to my favorite artist, Soulja Boy.

Haha whoops, didn't see i:C's post. But yeah, Steve, I'm not going to debate with you, as I think we can all just accept that Bronkencybe are terrible and shouldn't be allowed to make music. I also think this whole thing's just a string of strawmen, but whatevz.

Anyone heard The Argument? I was waiting to buy it, but the vinyl was always out of stock and my turntables broken, so I caved and listened to it. It's amazing. Like, top ten albums ever, at least.

Edited by Dr_Dude, 02 September 2009 - 05:34 PM.

• Nokia%s's Photo
    tracidedge go listen to better music.

i mean seriously who the fuck listens to rock music now a days? :|

and brokencyde may not be that good, but the millionaires..... :wub:
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    Wait... everyone who posted here but you listens to rock music... why are you singling tE out?
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    brick wall anyone?
  • Nokia%s's Photo
    why the hell wouldn't i single him out? ;)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading