Music Forum / New Muse album

• Stanman%s's Photo
    The oboe part of i belong to you is win.

Edited by Stanman, 15 September 2009 - 09:28 AM.

• Roomie%s's Photo
    Although I can't say muse are one of my favorite bands I can't deny they are a great band and easily one of the best I have seen live.

However on first listen I wasnt that impressed with this album. I shall listen to it more extensively in the next few days and maybe it will grow on me. It just didnt have the impact the previous albums have had on me.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    I take a lot of things too seriously, but I just...

You guys are taking this too seriously. Shut up and listen.
  • Steve%s's Photo

I take a lot of things too seriously, but I just...

You guys are taking this too seriously. Shut up and listen.

Relax. We don't go into whatever band topics you've started or posted in and tell you to stop taking your interests too seriously.

This is my favorite Muse album. By far better than Black Holes, anyway in my opinion.
  • Comet%s's Photo
    It's decent
    I'm not the biggest fan of this type of music

Anyway, I haven't distinguished the tracks from each other yet for me to give them personal opinions
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo

Relax. We don't go into whatever band topics you've started or posted in and tell you to stop taking your interests too seriously.
    This is my favorite Muse album. By far better than Black Holes, anyway in my opinion.

Well, I was pretty relaxed. Though I should have known better than to say one word about Radiohead. Not saying you like them is like kicking Baby Jesus in the head, am I right Steve?

No, dude. It's not that big of a deal. I love music. I've devoted more of my life to it than I think you'll ever realize. But there's gotta be a point in there somewhere that you realize that Mars Volta are just being pretentious, Dream Theater is way over written, and Radiohead needs to stop being masturbated to. Here's a hint: It's probably somewhere before discussing why Radiohead is so great in a Muse topic.

Yeah, they're ripping off Queen... Because using harmony is original? Because Queen doesn't get its inspiration from Classical music? I once sang tenor for chorus in falsetto, being a bass 1 myself. I demand royalties from both Radiohead and Muse for ripping me off!

And hey, go ahead with your quest to tell me I'm taking things too seriously, because I should hope someone would tell me when I'm being completely ridiculous.
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    did yall hear that glenn beck was talkin about muse on his radio show and said that they were awesome but when the band found out they told him to retract his statement???

funny story because glenn beck is a cunt
  • Austin55%s's Photo

Bump. 

Glad this thread ignores the existance of T2L. 

Drones is pretty sick. 

• Version1%s's Photo

I had the chance to see Muse live. I rather went to Limp Bizkit :o

• Dr_Dude%s's Photo

damn, fifteen year old me was obnoxious

• SSSammy%s's Photo

muse have bombed in terms of quality. they peaked in 2006 with black holes and revelations, the resistance (2009) was ropey (united states, uprising, i belong to you, exogenisis i enjoy a lot, rest i can't even remember if im honest)

they sound like a shit muse cover band who've tried to make their own songs

• Austin55%s's Photo
    The last 3 albums are definitely the worse they've put out.
  • G Force%s's Photo

I actually really liked 2nd Law, probably my second favorite Muse album behind Black Holes and Revelations.  Drones however was a completely forgettable flat line, like you said sounds like a muse cover band.  Same goes for The Resistance outside of Uprising, which is a solid single, but the album was again really forgettable.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading