Music Forum / Lady GAGA

• Nokia%s's Photo
    it is a great follow up.
  • RRP%s's Photo

I think she's disgusting and primitive. She's the impersonated iconic creature of shabby, run-down, lower class people. chavwomen. I hate them.

Paparazzi is equally as terrible.

I was hoping to read this thread to find out that she'd died
  • mattec222%s's Photo
    for those who care... the Bad Romance music video came out yesterday.....

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ACm9yECwSso

I'll let you judge it for yourself...

I personally thought it was a little out there, but overall I liked it, it fit her style well..
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    from a musical perspective, she has the most catchy choruseseseses of any artist i know, and i think she writes all her own stuff.
    its quite impressive.
    pokerface, papperazzi and this new one are really good, its her image and her persona which puts me off.
  • Nokia%s's Photo
    ^ yes she writes all her own stuff, along with other artist's music.

im so excited to see her live <3
    and im excited for the fame monster<3
  • rK_%s's Photo
    when 99% of the radio listening public discusses music its great to see. People are facinated with terrible artists with horrible images that get paid wayyyyyy to fucking much to sing terribly over savagly poor instrumentals with less then half ass productions.

shes a waste of space.
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    I wouldn't go that far. If it wasn't for musicians I didn't like who are popular, I couldn't be pretentious.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Considering she not only writes her own stuff but other people's too I wouldn't say she was a waste of space.
  • RRP%s's Photo

p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-poker face

i wouldnt call that good
  • gir%s's Photo
    best cover of poker face i've heard

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=AJDx3H_hvI8
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    I personally agree with sammy here, everything she makes stays in your head for 3days after just hearing it once, and for the persona part I agree its a bit over the top but then I rather have that instead of some girl who acts real innocent and ends up drunk and naked in a gutter. And if you really want to see a hermaphrodite check out Tokio Hotel, that is just plain marketing with a make-up brush so I think Lady Gaga isn't the worst in that row of artists.
  • posix%s's Photo
    i must admit i'm changing my opinion of her a little lately. her recent performances have been pretty good and the bad romance video is also impressive. the song itself is still bad to me though.
  • Dark_Horse%s's Photo
    Her intros are always the same beat. with Lady Gaga thrown in the mix. She has catchy tunes, but I'm not a big fan of hers.
  • Nokia%s's Photo
    ^ thats only just dance & starstruck
    i have not herd one gaga song that sounds like another one. they all sound 100% different to me, but then again i listen to gaga 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

edit: i forgot i like it rough as well and eh eh. but most of the time she's not using it like as her name like in bad romance when she says ga ga oh la la etc..
  • Xophe%s's Photo
    I got her new album and it's amaaaaazing! The songs are a bit more meaningful than her previously released ones. Having said that, though, even the non-single songs on the first album are a lot better lyrically than ones like poker face. So people who say she just writes mindless dance music should really listen to some of her more obscure songs. And people say she's really weird, but that's why I like her. You never get bored of her.
  • RRP%s's Photo
    Ive learnt to appreciate lady gaga in a comedy way.Take her new song for example. Its so crap it actually sounds like a eurovision song contest entry. People who say shes wierd are wrong, shes not wierd. She just taking the modern (only way to sell albums) idea that if you dress up like a whore people will buy your music slightly further.
  • posix%s's Photo
    ^i find her image work interesting as well because it allows to conclude how today's youth society works. that is, to use sex as an instrument for recognition more and more. a "bad romance" to my understanding is a quick relationship where sex happened but no actually serious love existed. furthermore, i think teenagers try to convey an image of themselves that they are so mentally strong that they don't need love, and will make use of other people through sexual pleasure instead, thus portraying strength overall. however, we all know that this is always a fake attitude and can quickly lead to heartbreaking desperation, when people realise that "bad romance sex" only reminds them of the painful gap that only true love and affection from a serious partner could fill. i think lady gaga herself actually is aware of this, which is why in the bad romance video she is sometimes shown with a fearful, desperate and helpless face close up, howling out "i don't want to be friends" in what i find a cynical, grieving and purposely ironic manner, followed by screaming "want your bad romance", as if to fight against what her heart really demands, to let the viewer conclude she is lying to herself. such problems are what i believe many teenagers face today, and lady gaga answers to them perfectly.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I still love her <3
  • ahank%s's Photo
    She's pretty great. She can also sing unlike half of these pop artists you hear on the radio these days.

Edited by ahank, 31 December 2009 - 01:02 PM.

• Marshy%s's Photo

^i find her image work interesting as well because it allows to conclude how today's youth society works. that is, to use sex as an instrument for recognition more and more. a "bad romance" to my understanding is a quick relationship where sex happened but no actually serious love existed. furthermore, i think teenagers try to convey an image of themselves that they are so mentally strong that they don't need love, and will make use of other people through sexual pleasure instead, thus portraying strength overall. however, we all know that this is always a fake attitude and can quickly lead to heartbreaking desperation, when people realise that "bad romance sex" only reminds them of the painful gap that only true love and affection from a serious partner could fill. i think lady gaga herself actually is aware of this, which is why in the bad romance video she is sometimes shown with a fearful, desperate and helpless face close up, howling out "i don't want to be friends" in what i find a cynical, grieving and purposely ironic manner, followed by screaming "want your bad romance", as if to fight against what her heart really demands, to let the viewer conclude she is lying to herself. such problems are what i believe many teenagers face today, and lady gaga answers to them perfectly.

Lady Gaga; The Illuminati Puppet...

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading