(Archive) Advertising District / Starpointe

• posix%s's Photo
    kinda feels rctnw2 to me.
  • Alpengeistfan1%s's Photo
    I don't really like the white/gray path, but the rest is nice.
  • RamSam12%s's Photo
    In addition to replacing the blocks with stand-alone trains, round off the top of the swing structure for a smoother look. Also, the railings on the exit path could be slanted like those on the queue for a better look.

Since I didn't get a chance to comment on the layout in the dump place, I'll be the first in this topic to say the new coaster is absolutely amazing. Great job with that!
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    I actually sort of like the whole coaster entrance structure (that includes signs, awnings, path, etc.) but I am not a fan of that flat...
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Posted Image
  • Howl%s's Photo
    This thing gets better and better. What are thease buildings for?
    These three buildings will become a part of the park entrance.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    That's not bad at all! Keep working on the foliage.
  • Comet%s's Photo
    I think you should have a road going off the map from the back parking lot
    Unless vehicles actually enter the area from the midway
  • hulkpower25%s's Photo
    Excellent job on the last screen.
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    Add electric boxes, radiators, and vents to the roof for additional realism. Still feels kind of dead if you ask me. Maybe go with a single color for the paths and add benches, trash bends, and lamps along with street venders and such to add life.
    UPDATE: A new GCI coming to the park. I know it's nothing much, but here is the layout.

Posted Image
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I like the layout, although I'm not too sure about the long brake sectionstuff.

Also raise the coaster one unit, unless your going for a concrete surface underneath the coaster.
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    You hit a lot of the GCI standards for their current building style so good job on that. One thing that you didn't hit was that their stations are usually raised up 10-15' more than what you have and they usually have some sort of drop and turns before their lift hills. If you changed the lower left part of the ride to make the station higher and facing lower right and adjusting the track around it accordingly (thus giving it a backwards-L layout instead of your current linear one) I think it will make the coaster more aesthetically pleasing. It would be better though if you created some of the surrounding park around the coaster before settling on a layout; unless this is a new park starting in the year 2010 or whatever, GCI would have been contracted to create something to adhere to a specific space, and the older the park, the more unique the shape of that space usually is (except in the case of Hersheypark where the GCIs are in the much more open expansion section of the park). Also with the low turn that goes under the apex of the hill, that turn should be extended out farther so that it wraps around the wood supporting the turn above it rather than cutting through it; the Roars are good examples of what I'm talking about:

http://www.rcdb.com/485.htm?p=526
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Very nice layout...
  • Cena%s's Photo
    What is missing in the last screen on the facades are windows, you only have glass, but you can easily hook the 2nd floor up with some windows and the details around the windows, that would make it look better, now it still feels like you are hiding something. Disney has done this in to perfection, really. You could download Google Earth, and search for Disneyland Paris, if you then zoom in at their mainstreet while being into 3D modus, you can see how they have done it, I am using it for my own park, and it really helps you a lot, pictures are only taken from 1 direction, with Google Earth you can fly around it and  get all the details and dimensions right. 

(now after I click on preview I see yo have posted the GCI layout, my text above is for the screen with the facades at the entrance) 
    UPDATE: More progress to the GCI woodie. Hope you all enjoy.

Posted Image

FYI:foilage between the path and coaster is not complete.

Edited by Pacificoaster, 28 March 2010 - 01:01 AM.

• robbie92%s's Photo
    I'm getting a blip on the radar... Very nice

The two-toned path kinda kills it, and there should be some small foliage outside of the fence as well.
  • Austin55%s's Photo

I'm getting a blip on the radar... Very nice

Yea, very good work in here.
    Someone want to enlighten me on what a blip is? lol. :p

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading