Related Games / [RCT3] Laurium

• leonidas%s's Photo
    (I want to appologise in advance for my typing, as I'm from Holland)

My first park I'll show here.

You might know it from other fora's.

It's an old project of mine, (like a year old) that I'm picking up right now.
    The screens I'm about to show you are old ones, but still tips are extremely welcome, as I'm willing to change this alltough it's old.

the logo thanks to kukamonda!!:
    Posted Image

The name: "laurium" stands for the place in holland, in wich the theme park lies. It is the name the romans gave it when they build a "castellum" in the area. The place is now called: Woerden, Wich lies in the most-habited part of the Netherlands.
    It will be a gigantic theme park with many thrills: great coasters and scary flatrides and darkrides. the park managers expact a huge amount of guests, so they bought a giant piece of land.
    the park will be suitible for famylies, students and thrill-seekers!

But first, the managers wanted to build a vertual park to find the perfect lay-out for the park. the will make a recreation of the plans for the park, and they will do it with a very high-tech theme-park simulator, called: rollercoaster tycoon 3!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
    before enterintg the main street, there's a small pond with a small building..

Posted Image
    .. and by night

Then the main-street begins:
    Posted Image
    hmm.. mysterious :p

Posted Image
    another nigt- shot (lighting is still to be added, I liked the darkness for this screen though)

Posted Image
    an overview of some facades

Posted Image
    This is the builing standing on the end of the main-street. It gives a nice view on the main-street buildings.

Edited by leonidas, 19 April 2010 - 11:10 AM.

• NGT Amusements%s's Photo
    good to see another RCT3 on here!
    I've seen this in Atari, but still amazing!
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    I play both versions, but thanks!
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Another Dutch builder, that's great!
    Just saw your rct2 screen in the dump, and you seem to have a talent in architecture. It all looks very nice, although I always thought that arch you used (in the 3d screen for example) looks kinda pale and sterile.. Isn't there a better version with more texture nowadays? There are more of those type of objects in your architecture though, I think they are from one of shyguy's mainstreet sets?

Anyway, nice to see a talented new Dutch member over here!

SF
  • Alpengeistfan1%s's Photo
    Good to see all these foreigners coming over here.

Really looks good, probably some of the best RCT3 I've seen.
  • leonidas%s's Photo

Another Dutch builder, that's great!
    Just saw your rct2 screen in the dump, and you seem to have a talent in architecture. It all looks very nice, although I always thought that arch you used (in the 3d screen for example) looks kinda pale and sterile.. Isn't there a better version with more texture nowadays? There are more of those type of objects in your architecture though, I think they are from one of shyguy's mainstreet sets?

Anyway, nice to see a talented new Dutch member over here!

SF

Thanks!
    Architecture is indeed an intrest of mine..
    I totally agree, but I don´t think there´s an object yet to replace these. If you know one with the same thickness and form, let me know.

Good to see all these foreigners coming over here.

Really looks good, probably some of the best RCT3 I've seen.

wow thanks.
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    i like you.

very talented new member, who is actually polite and not annoying?
    you get two thumbs up kind sir.
    :comeandgetsome:
    [just pretend the guns are thumbs, and he's making a happy face. its all good]

i'm very very impressed with your work.

welcome to the site!:]
    -josh
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    That's incredible man. Can't wait to see more!
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Looks really classy and elegant.

I love how this site is getting more and more diverse every week. I think it's safe to say that the rct3 era has finally begun at NE. Not sure how long it will last, but it has defiantly started.
    -JDP
  • Liampie%s's Photo

I think it's safe to say that the rct3 era has finally begun at NE. Not sure how long it will last, but it has defiantly started.

No offense, but I hope it will end soon...

The park looks really good, the the screens are bad.

Don't you agree the screens need less blur, everyone?

;)
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Don't want to be a hater either but NE is intended for LL/2 parks. It looks nice don't get me wrong. However, i feel that you would get more credit for this work in the atari forums.
  • Lowenaldo%s's Photo

Good stuff.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    I think some of these screens were in the "cool screens from rct3" topic. These are pretty great. I especially like the night one with the windows lit, for some reason.
  • leonidas%s's Photo

i like you.

i'm very very impressed with your work.

welcome to the site!:]
    -josh

lol. Thanks, I'll try to keep this attitude..

Looks really classy and elegant.

I love how this site is getting more and more diverse every week. I think it's safe to say that the rct3 era has finally begun at NE. Not sure how long it will last, but it has defiantly started.
    -JDP

Thanks!
    I'm glad someone's appreciating it! there are a lot of RCT3 haters here I guess..

No offense, but I hope it will end soon...

The park looks really good, the the screens are bad.

Don't you agree the screens need less blur, everyone?

;)

I didn't aspect any different of you, Liampie.

Thanks, and I agree.. They're way too "soft".
    I wont edit this much in the comming update's.

Don't want to be a hater either but NE is intended for LL/2 parks. It looks nice don't get me wrong. However, i feel that you would get more credit for this work in the atari forums.

Hmm.. Sorry I'm new here.. Maybe it wasn't wise to post this park allready, before I discovered the "identity" of this forum.
    I'm allready on Atari, and it sucks.. (sorry.. just my opignion)

You're the second to say this.. If I get more comments like this, I won't post RCT3 creations here anymore. Thanks for your fair opignion.

I allready strated on the main-street again. So an update will defentaly come (if I'll continue posting it here).
    Yet, my exams are comming, so the next month there will be no RCT for me(maybe some small improovements).
  • In:Cities%s's Photo

You're the second to say this.. If I get more comments like this, I won't post RCT3 creations here anymore.

dont listen to them.
    build what you want, post what you want.

you cant let other people's opinions determine what you do.

yes, personally i like rct2 much better.
    but i still appreciate rct3 if its done right, which in this case, it definitely is done right
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Good screens. I think RCT3 is finally starting to show its potential. There's a Lotte World recreation on the Korean forums that is superb. These screens are no different.

Posted Image
    Loving the building in this screen. Actually manages to make me think of Holland for some reason (and not just the obvious dutch flag :p )

Just one question.
    Why the name? When I read it, it reminds me of Larium, (a type of Anti-Malaria drug)
  • leonidas%s's Photo

dont listen to them.
    build what you want, post what you want.

you cant let other people's opinions determine what you do.

yes, personally i like rct2 much better.
    but i still appreciate rct3 if its done right, which in this case, it definitely is done right

I wont post a park when it's not apreciated.. But it seemes like many people don't have any problems with it, and the ones that do, can just skip looking at these parks.. maybe I'll put (RCT3) in the topic-title.
    Thanks!

Good screens. I think RCT3 is finally starting to show its potential. There's a Lotte World recreation on the Korean forums that is superb. These screens are no different.

(screen)
    Loving the building in this screen. Actually manages to make me think of Holland for some reason (and not just the obvious dutch flag :p )

Just one question.
    Why the name? When I read it, it reminds me of Larium, (a type of Anti-Malaria drug)

Thanks, I'd love to see some of those Korean creations! Maybe you could PM me some links?

And thanks, though It's not really Dutch architecture, It's just a style You'll find in the whole of Europe.

This is where the name came from, It's a quote from the first post:

"The name: "laurium" stands for the place in holland, in wich the theme park lies. It is the name the romans gave it when they build a "castellum" in the area. The place is now called: Woerden, Wich lies in the most-habited part of the Netherlands."

Thanks for all the support!
  • RRP%s's Photo
    The screens look nice, I really like the green house (im assuming that's what it is as i didn't bother reading the intro) and its nice to see screens tat are of things you've actually built rather than close ups of rct3s horrible coaster trains,restraints or people. I'm assuming you've edited the screens in photoshop to make them seem more realistic but there's far to hdr bloom and blur.I had to check my glasses were clean on some of them. They'd look much more realistic with neither
  • Alpengeistfan1%s's Photo
    If you search "New Element" on Google, it says that NE is a RCT 1, 2, and 3 fansite.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    I'm sure everyone at this site that is worthwhile has no problem with you posting rct3 screens, and the large majority of those will commend you because the screens are lovely.

Of course, as not many of us play rct3 we don't know the ins and outs of the game. Nonetheless, I really like the park and it seems to fit in with what many are doing with rct2 at the moment.

I think that in order for us to actually give you some good advice for possible changes, it might be useful to take some more aerial screenshots.. from what I can see now the buildings all hold their own and some scenery is fantastic. The only question mark I could raise is the compostion in the 8th screen. Something seems off.

The 2cnd and 10th are very nice.

Altijd leuk ook om een landgenootje erbij te zien!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading