Related Games / [RCT3] Laurium

• leonidas%s's Photo

The screens look nice, I really like the green house (im assuming that's what it is as i didn't bother reading the intro) and its nice to see screens tat are of things you've actually built rather than close ups of rct3s horrible coaster trains,restraints or people. I'm assuming you've edited the screens in photoshop to make them seem more realistic but there's far to hdr bloom and blur.I had to check my glasses were clean on some of them. They'd look much more realistic with neither

It's actually a victorian steel-glass construction. I was inpsired bij the glass-palace, and some works of eiffel.

I don't think peeps, or other in-game objects are interesting..

And you're totally right about the editing. It's an old pfoject, from the time I had my edit-fetish. The next update's will be very nautral.
    thanks for the tip.

If you search "New Element" on Google, it says that NE is a RCT 1, 2, and 3 fansite.

I know, but what this forum is meant to be for, and where It's really about are two different things. I honestly don't considder this as a RCT3 forum yet, and I think some members want to keep it that way. That's why I was considering to stop showing this park here.
    But I've decided to continue.

I'm sure everyone at this site that is worthwhile has no problem with you posting rct3 screens, and the large majority of those will commend you because the screens are lovely.

Of course, as not many of us play rct3 we don't know the ins and outs of the game. Nonetheless, I really like the park and it seems to fit in with what many are doing with rct2 at the moment.

I think that in order for us to actually give you some good advice for possible changes, it might be useful to take some more aerial screenshots.. from what I can see now the buildings all hold their own and some scenery is fantastic. The only question mark I could raise is the compostion in the 8th screen. Something seems off.

The 2cnd and 10th are very nice.

Altijd leuk ook om een landgenootje erbij te zien!

Thanks!
    I think that's because I play both versions of RCT.. And both gameplay's inspire me to do stuff in the other version, so the styles get kind of mixed up.

I didn't do overviews yet, as a lot of things are not finished. Actually the park looks like a refuse-dump at the moment..

But I'll do some aerial screens next, when I really start showing the park in theme-area's.

Great discussion btw! Thanks for all the reply's..

In a few day's I'll show my plans of improovement for this old project of mine.. there are some great problems with this park, and some things can really be improoved, as there are more sets now, and my level of building has risen in the meanwhile. I'm actually thinking of saving all the buildings as structures, and assemble the whole park lay-out in a new map.

So prepare for some ugly screens..

Edited by leonidas, 30 March 2010 - 02:52 PM.

• MF72 %s's Photo
    Please, continue. If one person doesn't like your screens, too bad for them. It's the rest of us that like them. Even if one person wants to see them, you should still continue. It happened with me. I wanted to stop showing my pictures because only two people ever posted. You have to take into consideration the people that aren't registered. You could have twice as many people viewing your park than you knew. But obviously, it's entirely up to you. I think that as long as you're building the park for you, and you alone, you're able to achieve something far greater than if you built just for us.
  • NGT Amusements%s's Photo

Thanks, I'd love to see some of those Korean creations! Maybe you could PM me some links?

Hi I'm Korean :nod:
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    This jumped to my favorite RCT3 park on the site. Great job!
  • leonidas%s's Photo

Please, continue. If one person doesn't like your screens, too bad for them. It's the rest of us that like them. Even if one person wants to see them, you should still continue. It happened with me. I wanted to stop showing my pictures because only two people ever posted. You have to take into consideration the people that aren't registered. You could have twice as many people viewing your park than you knew. But obviously, it's entirely up to you. I think that as long as you're building the park for you, and you alone, you're able to achieve something far greater than if you built just for us.

Yeah, you're totaly right.. that's why I allready decided to go on with this, thanks!
    And believe me, I'm building for myself, but support is always motivating, and advice has allready improoved some flaws of Laurium.

Hi I'm Korean :nod:

I never saw Korean creations before I got to this forum, and the RCT2 stuff looks really creative!
    I'd love to see the Korean RCT3 parks too.

This jumped to my favorite RCT3 park on the site. Great job!

wow thanks! And that's whith Charlston gardens in the list!
  • olddtfan51%s's Photo
    Absolutely Stunning to say the least the scenery is breathtaking this is as good as it gets keep building. :mantis:
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    U

I had no time to recise the screens, so they're really huge, sorry.
    (sorry for the 'unclear' shots, but I can't show everthing yet)

Posted Image

New main-street screens have arrived. Clearly It's a 'BeNe' theme (Belgium, Holland). There is still a lot to be done, that's why some views are blocked with black walls.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image\
    Also there are some new facades. In what seems a neo, or late- Gothic theme.

Posted Image

And there seems to be a wooden path over the water, from which you have a great view on the main street.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tips, or advice are welcome!

Edited by leonidas, 19 April 2010 - 08:28 AM.

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    So much bloom. :eek:
  • leonidas%s's Photo

So much bloom. :eek:

^ I totally agree now..

I was only active on this forum for a short while, but I decided to get back to RCT2, so I'll get back to following and hopefully creating/posting here.

And when I saw CD5's amazing RCT3 park around here, I thought this thread could use an update.

Laurium has changed quite a bit since I've been gone here. It still doesn't feel like a themepark, but there have been some major changes in architecture and vegetation. As I know most of you guys hate the romantic editing pic's from RCT3, I tried to find some WIP screens I made while building on it, but I deleted most of them unfortunately.
    So sorry for the heavilly edited pic's.

The entrance plaza is completely renewed!
    The entrance itself has changed, but also there are new path covers, the plaza is now actually curved, and the vegatation is totally redone.

Take a look:

Posted Image
    The Kiosk is also the same, but the serounding are completely different.
    Note the circle giving accent to the round form of the kiosk.

Posted Image
    The entrance/train station has a new brick texture, the ingame one.
    Also the builbing is totally re-detailled. The decorations changed texture and form.

Posted Image

Posted Image
    An overview of the entrance plaza..
    You can obviously see the change of overall character.

Posted Image
    Finally, after almost two years, the (extern) main-street is finished!
    The mine-train is replaced by a locomotivem to preserve the authentic style.
    All the vegatation is now finished, and the Laurium-theater is ready, together with the last facades of the main-street.
    Every gab is now filled, and every corner has a planter.

Posted Image
    The Laurium express, who will circle around the park in the future.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
    And at night..

Posted Image
    The backside of the train-station, where the main-street starts.

Posted Image
    The beginning of the main-street on the right side..

Posted Image
    The new corner building, as seen from the canal.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
    Some new facades.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So, this was part 1 of Laurium's updates.

Feel free to leave some criticism.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Fucking hell this is incredible. Absolutely outstanding.
  • F0ndue%s's Photo
    W :drool: :eek: :X W
  • wheres_walto%s's Photo
    Dude, this is bananas

Posted Image

But your park is just, holy shit! Do I see birds in the last screen? Honestly, I think this is infinitely better than the Dutch "functioning city" parks I've seen advertised recently.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Fantastic work man. Loving it. Really nice idea with the train track.
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    YES. YES. YES. It is so amazing. I prefer it over CD5's a LOT.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    you should upload those two screens of that hell castle (from rctholland) on here, people will love them !

btw, It's actually kinda funny how a lot of rctholland players come here for some reason xd
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    Thanks to all!

you should upload those two screens of that hell castle (from rctholland) on here, people will love them !

btw, It's actually kinda funny how a lot of rctholland players come here for some reason xd

Hmm.. Maybe I'll make this my "RCT3 dump-topic", where I just show all my RCT3 stuf..

And you're right btw.
    But honestly, where else should Dutch RCT2 players go? xD

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posted Image

Here's an overview of the park:
    Posted Image

And finally there's a bridge!
    Posted Image

Posted Image

[FONT=Times New Roman]VIDEO[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]LAURIUM main-area fly-through[/FONT]

I had some issues on the VID. So I'm sorry for the terrible quallity.
    The video was intended for a contest, where I was nominated for best architecture.
    And I won! I'll show the award in the next update.
    The Video shows a day in the main-area of Laurium. The video starts as the sun arises and ends when the sun goes down.
    Excuse me for the classical, slow feeling, but I think it fits the atmosphere. And I play piano, so I adore this music.

I was having huge plans for Laurium, a castle which would include two flattrides, a restaurant, and which would function als brandmark of the park.

Here it is:

Posted Image

A huge building, which would curtainly drag peoples attantion. But I desided to take it away, at least from Laurium. After some criticisme I thought it would ruin the atmosphere..

So only a small plaza ramained. But I do think I made the right choice though.

Here are the screens:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Feel free to leave some criticisme ;)
  • F0ndue%s's Photo
    Why critism?I can only give compliments for that
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    How can that be achieved through rct3? The circular paths. The wavy patterns. It's impossible..
  • trav%s's Photo
    Wow.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    This is so amazingly spectacular that I don't even want to compare it to anything I've ever seen RCT3-wise.
    How come Disney doesn't hire you as a park designer?

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading