RCT Discussion / RCT Extended BETA

• Goliath123%s's Photo
    Mine comes up with an error trapper and then all thse 0's and :;'" you know like weird simbles?

I gte something like this:

0z;lz;l;lzz0z0z0z0z;z';z';zz00z;'z';z0z0

then the words error trapper
  • Levis%s's Photo
    I have to know what is says exactly.
    it returns the piece of assembly code where it goes wrong in the game. so if you give me the whole error trapper I can trace that piece of code and see why it doesn't work for your game.
  • Levis%s's Photo

Not sure how I feel on this yet. On one hand this will greatly benefit rct2, but at the same time I could see this backfire.

I was afraid for that also. thats why I waited so long with this. I just hope it wont backfire.
  • posix%s's Photo
    what kind of backfiring do you fear exactly? i support any tools such as this that make the game more convenient on a technical level. i avoided this thread for a while because i was worried it was rctm2, but fortunately it isn't. if this will allow me to fit all rct2, ww and tt scenery into one workbench i might try an rct2 project.
  • Levis%s's Photo
    I'm afraid that increasing this object limit stops people from being creative. and it starts a trent as in rct3 where they just make a object for everything they need. and in the end you just get a park where every house is a single object which is modelled.
    thats why I didn't increase it more than this. I tought this would be the absolute maximum I'd allow (for small scenery). now it would still force people to be creative I think.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    no joke? this is great!

^I do agree with you there, just add enough for people to get all the deco blocks and small detailing pieces they want in their park. As an ex-rct3 user, having all the different cso was a nightmare and I could never figure out what to use, and I saw that it was really the cso objects that made a park look good, not the way it is in 2/ll.

I'll wait till this is out of beta-stages to use it, though.

If this is a joke I am going to laugh so hard.
  • Levis%s's Photo
    please try to test it. I need al the feedback (and bugs) I can get to make it work better.
  • posix%s's Photo
    get yourself a bug tracking service. see if google code works for you.
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    Posted Image
  • Levis%s's Photo
    @ posix -> I did it like this cause more people can acces this (or know how to) and I first wanted to see the reaction of the community and see if it could get accepted. I tried to introduce things before and sometimes they weren't accepted. thats why I try it this way.

@ goliath -> thanks. I will look at it. if you could provide me with the following data:
    which operating system are you running
    which languages of rct are you using
    do you have any expansion packs
    in which folder did you install rct2
    is uac disabled
    which virsuscanner/antimalware programs are you using

any more usefull info is always good
  • nin%s's Photo
    Well I managed to get it to work, though when leaving the SE it gave me an error trapper.

Will this be possible with existing parks without having to bring them back to the SE? For my current solos I'd rather not have to rebuild all of the rides, especially the more hacked ones.
  • Liampie%s's Photo

Will this be possible with existing parks without having to bring them back to the SE? For my current solos I'd rather not have to rebuild all of the rides, especially the more hacked ones.

Do you actually need it? Have you used all the objects in your bench already? Highly unlikely.
  • nin%s's Photo
    Well then what is the point of RCT Extended then? People find that the objects in their bench just aren't enough at times, yet you're saying that I should already have the required amount to do anything I want to do.

So basically there's no real need to make a bench with 510 objects as the current limit should be enough.
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    Windows xp
    English
    Yes both but not installed
    c, program files, atari
    What is uac?
    Trend Micro
  • JoeZia%s's Photo
    Holy shit! awsome trainer levis! I thank you for the hard work and research you put into it. Dude, your like ae-neo but better x10. Flawless parks, rides, and now trainers?! Who cares there's one function, that one function saved a lot of butts. I'm not saying you should stop making actions for this trainer, only do it if you sure its worth the work.

btw, i'd like to make my own trainer too, i already have a variety of trainer making utils, and know how to use most of them, but i don't know how to research for making *working* trainer actions. Do i have to do a freaking google search, that kinda research? or do i have to learn a whole mess of techy stuff? probably both. I'd preffer you'd reply with a pm, i dont want this to get off topic, for whatever stupid reason.
  • K0NG%s's Photo

This is pretty much what my earlier question was. As in...will one be able to activate RCTExtended and then use ParkDat to add more objects to a saved game. I'm in the same boat, rebuilding rides, particularly ones with rotated/invisible huts would be extremely difficult if not virtually impossible. Besides that, my SS tab hasn't scrolled in the SE in over a year, so cleaning out the objdat folder to enable scrolling and having to rebuild rides would take forever.

Do you actually need it? Have you used all the objects in your bench already? Highly unlikely.

I can't speak for nin, but I probably have a dozen SS objects at the most that haven't been used yet and I have plans for every one of them as I progress to the next area. It's about 99.9% likely that they will all be in use...which is far from "highly unlikely".
  • Cena%s's Photo

Do i have to do a freaking google search, that kinda research? or do i have to learn a whole mess of techy stuff? probably both. I'd preffer you'd reply with a pm, i dont want this to get off topic, for whatever stupid reason.

You need to understand the code language RCT has been written in, if you understand that, you can start with manipulating it, the longer you practice, the better you get, you could start with learning the basic tricks, described in Levis Winhack / Hex Edit topic (in the Ask the Experts). 

@ Goliath123, UAC stands for User Account Control, it's an extra security Microsoft has build in with Windows Vista and Windows 7, your Windows XP doens't have that, so don't bother looking for it. 

Levis, I have some ideas that might could work, and that would be usefull for RCT Extended, I will let you know them :)

@ Liampie, if you don't want to use it, I think Levis won't have a problem with it, but please, don't forbid others to use it.

Edited by Cena, 01 April 2010 - 03:44 PM.

• Liampie%s's Photo

@ Liampie, if you don't want to use it, I think Levis won't have a problem with it, but please, don't forbid others to use it.

I don't.
  • Cena%s's Photo
    ^ Right .... 

Okay, you are right, you didn't forbid it, but for me this looks like it isn't far off from. Next time I will choose my words better to describe what I wanted to say. 
  • Sey%s's Photo

What is uac?

User account control. You can disable it if you're an admin.

Sounds pretty helpful Levis, however I need to check this out asap cause at the moment I'm with Liampie! Thanks!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading