Contests / Which would YOU prefer?

If NE were to do a contest this summer what would you prefer it be?

• gir%s's Photo
    Park Wars :)
  • nin%s's Photo
    ^If it would actually be officially done or have some [very] strong support than I'd be all up for the idea.
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    Explain this "park wars"
  • RRP%s's Photo

Explain this "park wars"

Its a long running contest where people build on a park in teams that is submitted repeatedly after a set period of time. Kind of like a yearly park that grows and progresses. Teams start with a set amount of points and a work bench (or prefereably a very basic park with landscaping like my last attempt) that they use to buy ride/shops etc etc and earn more points by meeting monthly/bi-monthly criteria/winning awards.

I.E you must build a steel coaster layout, best layout will earn 15 points for the team.All teams must enter this and will be charged so many points depending on size/inversion or lose points for not building a steel coaster.

There is usually awards running continuous throughout the season that teams can win each month like best park=+5 points best rides=+5 points etc etc

Its not worth considering since it
    a) require multiple Dedicated people to simply run it
    B) requires lots of rules
    c) requires dedicated teams/park to make it worthwhile
    d) hard to judge

the list could go on but its far to complicated/time consuming to even consider doing it again

heres the last attempt - http://forums.nedesi...amp;hl=parkwars
    We had 9 teams,got 3 entries the first month and then gave up
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    Yeah...no this site needs something simpler than that.
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    Edit: Removed the "pissed off because OKC blew my Lakers out of the building and I'm now 3/4 crocked and gonna vent anywhere and everywhere I can" post and replaced it with this.
  • Cena%s's Photo

*parkwars explanation, read above*

Not sure how far Levis is with a certain thing, but if he got that already working it would be so perfect for this, to add 'money' ingame. Maybe Levis can answer it more if he wants.

*I can't tell the idea since I am not sure if he wants me to tell it*
  • Nokia%s's Photo
    if you want finish products each time, anything solo and where you have to build a park probably isn't going to work.
  • Liampie%s's Photo

if you want finish products each time, anything solo and where you have to build a park probably isn't going to work.

???

That's like playing tennis without rackets and a ball. A contest for parkmakers without making parks... :huey:
  • Cena%s's Photo

???

That's like playing tennis without rackets and a ball. A contest for parkmakers without making parks... :huey:

Even after Liampies comment I still don't get it what Nokia was posting ... 

Something with teams and/or duos would be best, I for example are more motivated to work in a team to do it alone... 
  • Nokia%s's Photo
    i mean duos and like a desgin would work. but completing a full park[depending on size] isn't very likely.
  • nin%s's Photo

Something with teams and/or duos would be best, I for example are more motivated to work in a team to do it alone... 

That's exactly what he's saying.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    How many good duo parks have you seen in the past few years? I haven't seen any as far as I remember, except for H2H5. I have no reason to assume duos result in more entries.
  • prodigy%s's Photo
    ... Snowdrift, for example? And I think there are a few other, too.
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    I've been thinking about this for a while and I've come to the realization that the next real NE contest is going to come from nowhere and bite us all in the ass one day soon......when we least expect it and log in just to see what's up. And, we're all gonna love it.

I'm good with that.
  • gijssie1234%s's Photo
    I fully agree on head 2 head 6 :)

Look at the results that came from head2head 5.
    A totally new style of building was begin. ;p
  • Cena%s's Photo

I fully agree on head 2 head 6 :)

Look at the results that came from head2head 5.
    A totally new style of building was begin. ;p

What style are you referring too? 
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Geewhzz+RRP?
  • Cena%s's Photo
    Since when is that a new style ? Geewhzz has released things before with cool hacks in it and superb theming, and RRP is almost the same, and if the style he is referring too the 'Southport' style ... That is not even finished (the RRP version, since Louis made the contest version for 95%).

I think it's more the aspect of detailing that has grown after H2H if you ask me ... This can be applied in any style. 
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    If we had another Micro Madness, that would be great, if my computer wasn't infected.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading