Contests / Which would YOU prefer?

If NE were to do a contest this summer what would you prefer it be?

• J K%s's Photo
    Well I wasn't around much then but I remember the RCT olympics not being much of a success as it involved all the RCT sites. If we just kept it to NE it could be really exciting. They had bronze, silver and gold for rounds like best hotel, best bridge, best coaster etc. It would be such a mixed bag.

Also instead of USA 1 and 2 how about east coast west coast? Then we have EC USA, WC USA, United Kingdom, Germany, Holland, Korea. I'm sure the smaller number of players from different countries can enter the one off rounds like best coasters and such but the team events can be the larger countries.

That or the world cup concept would be awesome, I think we'd actually pull some RCT enthusiasts in from around the globe. That would be an even bigger bonus. Is this too unrealistic or is it doable?

EDIT - Plus I'm sure some members are half spanish or half italian or something a long those lines. They could always represent that country.
  • Sey%s's Photo
    I'm 1/8 Esthonian if that counts ;)
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    ^Link-age
  • Splitvision%s's Photo
    This kind of contest would be really cool. The only question is what team I would belong to :'(

EDIT: Just remembered I'm half Spanish 8) And 1/4 danish and hungarian too. The question is which one of those would have the better national RCT team :lol:
  • Cena%s's Photo

This kind of contest would be really cool. The only question is what team I would belong to :'(

EDIT: Just remembered I'm half Spanish 8) And 1/4 danish and hungarian too. The question is which one of those would have the better national RCT team :lol:

You are the judge who gives yellow / red cards. 
  • Splitvision%s's Photo
    No thanks ;) I really wanna participate in the next contest as I've never been in one before. As a player that is, not judge.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    Can belgium and nederland team up? or I guess I'm alone for belgium I'm afraid
  • Liampie%s's Photo

or I guess I'm alone for belgium I'm afraid

Dimi.
  • K0NG%s's Photo

Also instead of USA 1 and 2 how about east coast west coast?

I don't know if a West/East coast thing would work as it would leave out a lot of people, but just a USA West/ USA East would be cool. Although the West team would suck....especially if we divided the states equally. In which case everything west of and including Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas and Louisiana would be West. Yeah, the West team would be horrible.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    How about "Clash of the Continents".

Europe vs Amerika
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    an people who aren't in europe or america can join which team they like as mercinaries :D
  • J K%s's Photo
    Sorry typo. I didn't mean to just say the W/E coast but glad you picked up on what I meant K0NG. The east and the west as separate teams would be awesome.

Also Dimi and Belgian Guy is a pretty good team in my opinion. You'd both do something really nice either together or separately.
  • turbin3%s's Photo
    And maybe both of them (Europe, America) gets a captain and they nominate 15 people or so then.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    I'm fine with every type of team contest tbh, I just want to be in it...
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    but here is where we hit a problem. do we make one big group park? or a series of parks like in h2h? i feel the first would suck really hard. it will be possible and plausable, but just not fun or exciting, and if we do rounds, the whole point becomes completely obselete. in h2h there is more than four teams, and this leads to the criss-crossing of challenges, forcing the teams to play tactically, and pitch players against the teams that will balace the best. i can't see how this will possibly work with only two teams. there could be a succession of challenges which the teams have to complete... but then how are they judged? the teams will be likely to take up a lot of the community at NE, so there will be few people to vote or judge...

god i hope i'm being pessimistic and retarded, cause i really want a teamed contest...
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    Why not give the 2teams challenges

LL-Challenge
    Design Challenge
    RCT2 Challenge NCSO
    RCT2 Challenge CSO
    Concept Creation Challenge
    and stuff like that.
    and for every challenge only 5builders can be assigned by the captain, and the captain can only work on 2 challenges for instance.

Edited by BelgianGuy, 05 June 2010 - 09:10 AM.

• SSSammy%s's Photo
    but how are they judged?
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    ^ Public vote or designated panel of non participants (there will definetly be enough), worked for every other contest.

I think the US vs Europe sounds pretty cool, kind of like an RCT Ryder Cup! The idea of having 15 to 20 players, a captain and specific challenes could definetly work.

Sammy I actually think having two teams instead of four like H2H will not only differntiate this competition but by removing the tactical side we hopefully end up with very high quality every round instead of a team turning in a weak park for tactical reasons.
  • J K%s's Photo
    I don't like US vs Europe. The teams would be too big to try and manage whereas countries in a world cup style thing would be awesome as your team mates would pull together being of the same nationality and all.
  • Splitvision%s's Photo
    Maybe the countries with many players (US, UK, Germany, Holland) could get one or two teams of their own, while the less represented countries such as my own could form one or more teams? If we get enough players from countries with too few players to form a team of their own, we could try some sort of a more general dividing. So for example, if we get 6 european players from various countries of that kind, they can form a "multinational European team" while 6 players from such countries in Asia could form a "multinational Asian team". Otherwise, we'll just throw everyone of nationalities in minority together in mixed teams.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading