Something Happened by Joseph Heller
  • Hex%s's Photo
    Erich Paul Remark - All Quiet On The Western Front
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    Snow Crash-Neal Stephenson.

I love me some good scifi!

FK
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

Reading The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson. Totally nerding out over here after reading Elantris and watching LoTR last week.

Still waiting on A Memory of Light.
  • Wanted%s's Photo

Still waiting on A Memory of Light.

Do you know how many books are left in the Wheel of Time/A Memory of Light series? I haven't actually read the series, I just want to know so he can continue the Stormlight Archive series :p
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

Do you know how many books are left in the Wheel of Time/A Memory of Light series? I haven't actually read the series, I just want to know so he can continue the Stormlight Archive series :p

12 books total, including a Memory of Light.

Just one left
  • XCars%s's Photo
    Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut for my summer reading assignment.
  • RCT2day%s's Photo
    ^I Read that less than a month ago and it's such a great satire with deep implications and thoughts, enjoy every witty remark by Curt Vonnegut.

I'm reading both Harry Potter: the Philosophy and Lord of the Rings: Two Towers now.
  • Mr. Coaster%s's Photo
    Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. God its funny.
  • AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    Just finished Haunted by Chuck Palaniuk and now just started Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami. Haunted was fantastic with so many hilarious and crazy stories. and I can't put down Kafka right now!
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    My god, I'm reading The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. It's an extremely dark first person story of the struggles of an orphan boy. So far it's amazing. I can't wait to keep reading.
  • MorganFan%s's Photo
    Siddhartha. After that I'm reading Night, then Animal Farm.

Sorry for the bump.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    three men in a boat/ scoop
  • Wanted%s's Photo

Siddhartha. After that I'm reading Night, then Animal Farm.

Sorry for the bump.

Bad, great, meh

So many better books than the ones they have you read in high school. Hopefully your school makes you guys read Kite Runner and Native Son. Those two, and Night, are the only good books I read in high school. Lord of the Flies was pretty good too.
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    I got the textbook Film Art and I'm pretty sure I'll end up reading the whole thing before class even starts
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Night and Fahrenheit 451 were the only two books in had to read in HS I enjoyed.
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    Fahrenheit 451 was in high school???
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    I like Heart of Darkness a lot
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Sure was. Junior year. The senior AP kids did Heart of Darkness.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Read The Things They Carried and The Namesake for summer reading, AP IV. First one was outstanding. Second, not so much.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading