General Chat / Purple Reign

• K0NG%s's Photo
    I know none of you idiots care about the NBA in general and my Lakers in particular, but I'm gonna start a topic anyway. After witnessing, in person, the Lakers 128-107 dismantling of Phoenix on Monday and, just seeing them win 124-112 in a game where the final score isn't at all indicative of the dominance displayed by the Lakers, I feel the need to type. Fuck wherever LeBron goes in the off-season, the big picture is the Lakers going back-to-back here in an era where that doesn't happen often. Plus....with any luck, we'll get the Celtics in the Finals to avenge the '08 loss. Any NBA fans can make all the excuses they want to explain why their team won't be wearing rings this year....only thing that matters is that MY Lakers will be wearing their 16th. And obviously, Kobe CAN win without Shaq, who's become nothing more than a whore chasing a fix lately.

Anyway...anyone that thinks a team other than the Lakers will win this year...feel free to speak. And I'll be happy to explain the error in your thought process.

I am impressed that Alice Cooper can play the point for Phoenix like that at his age.

Also...RIP Ronnie James Dio. You will be missed and forever remembered.
  • zburns999%s's Photo
    The Celtics will win the NBA Championship. Reason why: Rajon Rondo.
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    What about the Cavs... oh wait, nevermind. :'(
    I'm gonna miss Lebron
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    Go Flyers!

(Yeah, nobody fucking cares about the 76ers out here. Nobody. Consequently, nobody cares about basketball.)
  • Ozone%s's Photo
    First off - we're not all idiots. Well... alright maybe we are, but there's no need to insult us right off the bat. Speaking of bats, I started a Baseball topic during the World Series, you can certainly start an NBA playoff topic.

The closest NBA team to me is OKC Thunder. I would go to a game if I were in the area, but I've never really followed the NBA much, honestly. I enjoy watching college basketball, but the NBA seems like the game is disconnected. Run to the end, get fouled, take your shots, repeat. Also the playoffs are extremely drawn out, and NBA players don't seem to have the same drive as college players.

Anyways, from what I've seen of the playoffs it's going to be the Celtics VS the Lakers and the Lakers will maybe give up one or two games.

Alice Cooper haha.
  • wheres_walto%s's Photo
    Kobe might not need Shaq but was he winning championships without Gasol?
  • Luketh%s's Photo
    Hawks still can't make it past the second round.
  • Tyler%s's Photo
    I would have liked to see the Thunder go all the way, but, alas we could not. Next year, sirs. Next year.
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    I'm glad my Mavs are still keeping Dirk. 75m for 3 years (?) is prolly what is still holding him here. Hope we grab Wade back. I want Nash, too. And wtf, why not Djiop (sp?) too?

We'll never make it even though we do so well in the regular season. So well.
  • K0NG%s's Photo

The Celtics will win the NBA Championship. Reason why: Rajon Rondo.

Rondo has become an amazing player but, Kobe is better and is possibly the best closer the league has ever seen. Lakers in 6.

Kobe might not need Shaq but was he winning championships without Gasol?

Nobody wins championships by themselves. Jordan didn't, even Magic needed Kareem and Worthy.

Hawks still can't make it past the second round.

I told you that two years ago, Wolfeth. They're soft.

I would have liked to see the Thunder go all the way, but, alas we could not. Next year, sirs. Next year.

WAY too young but, definitely a team to watch out for. Not next year but I can see them maybe getting to the Western Finals soon. Although...we'll still have Kobe, Pau, Drew, Lamar and Ron-Ron for at least three more years. When was the last time a team won five in a row? Yeah, it's been a while.
  • Luketh%s's Photo
    Yeah, yeah, you told me.

Just keep waiting, they're still young. We fired our coach, too, so next year: ALL DA WAAAAY!
  • Dark_Horse%s's Photo
    Wizards will win the '12 Championship. Wall needs one year in the NBA to become solid, and then the Wiz will dominate. Thank you NBA Draft Lottery
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    Wall will need a fuck of a lot more 'seasoning' than one rookie year will provide to become anything close to solid, he has no outside shot and won't be able to drive the lane against the big boys...Arenas has to leave the toys at home and get his game back and they'll need at LEAST two more really good role players to even become a playoff team. The Clippers are living, breathing proof that a franchise needs a lot more than a lottery pick to become competitive.

Nice to see you dreaming big though, D_H.
  • Dark_Horse%s's Photo
    I don't follow much NBA action, but that probably was a little big of a dream. I just would like to see some kind of championship brought to the DC-Baltimore metro area again. Well, unless the Deadskins bring it back.
  • zburns999%s's Photo
    Purple reign is looking a little iffy atm
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    Shut up, Zach.

Actually, I'm a little bit surprised that that zone Phoenix is throwing at us has had such an effect. I know that it will mess with the basics of the triangle somewhat but.....our outside shots are just missing at an alarming rate. Plus, Los Suns seem to really shoot well on their home court. We'll be back in L.A. on Thursday and Phil will earn some of that $12mil with the adjustments he'll come up with by then. And, don't expect Drew and LO to stay in this little foul-funk that they're currently in.

Basically now, both teams have shown whatever 'surprises' they have in store and the next two games will come down to whoever simply executes better and who really wants it more.
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    One down..........three to go.
  • Lowenaldo%s's Photo

One down..........three to go.

• Luketh%s's Photo
    This is gonna be an interesting series.
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    Ok, here we go.
    Game 7 with everything on the line.
    Moreso for me than any of you fucking retards will ever know.
    It's LA vs fucking Beantown...Lakers vs Celtics. Me vs anyone that differs.

My wife works for a Co. that was bought out by a Co. based in Boston MA. She rocks. She's so fucking good at what she does (it's contagious) that they've invited her to come meet with the bigwigs next month in Boston. Four star everything. All expenses covered. I was obviously invited. She knew without even asking me that she'd be traveling with someone else. My daughter will accompany her. There's NO way I'm walking one step in Boston without killing someone.

Seriously.

Game 7 Thursday.....Lakers dominate just like they did tonight. Because we're motivated to do so.

Tell ya what...Lakers lose Thursday and I'll delete my account here and never bother anyone again.

Really.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading