Theme Park Discussion / Roller Coaster before and afters

• fraroc%s's Photo
    Here you can post pictures of a roller coaster before and after a repaint or a redesign.

for example

Before
    http://rcdb.com/747.htm?p=1492

After
    http://rcdb.com/1143.htm?p=8718
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    You know the before and after link are both different coasters and the first hasn't had a paint job, plus the after link is a past picture it should be this (although your trying to the show the redesign):
    Posted Image

Edited by Airtime, 21 June 2010 - 01:27 PM.

• Louis!%s's Photo
    Now see I would class that as an inversion. But RCDB dont.
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    Didn't know RCDB didn't, strange. That's a definate inversion. It goes up side down so its an inversion. That's my ruleing clear and simple.
  • GigaG%s's Photo
    ^It is, though, tilted at a large angle. But yeah, it is an inversion (or is it?)
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    ^That's what I said. Yes the heartline is tilted at an angle, so it's an inversion. Hence why I said that.

Edited by Airtime, 21 June 2010 - 02:21 PM.

• trav%s's Photo
    At no point are you flipped 180 degrees from the vertical line that gravity would run through, therefore it is not an inversion imo.
  • Meretrix%s's Photo
    If that's true then any zero g roll would have to be eliminated as an inversion. I've been on this thing....you go all the way over....and all the way to the end of that weird horizontal spike.....technically it's two full inversions and two half inversions as you go through it forward and backward......the second blast which propels you through the whole roll is very cool....and weirder going backward.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    but you arent FULLY upside down at any point. as in, 180 degrees from start. you're about 170 or something.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Before:

Posted Image

After:

Posted Image
  • Louis!%s's Photo

but you arent FULLY upside down at any point. as in, 180 degrees from start. you're about 170 or something.

True. They dont count Black Mamba's Jr. Immelmann either for the same reason. So yeah. It just looks 100% like an inversion though.
  • Meretrix%s's Photo
    No Sssamy, you ARE completely upside down.....you do a complete barrel roll......it is basically the same thing as a zero g roll on any B&M inverted coaster......you go completely upside down.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    look at the picture and read what i said again.
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    Could it be that not every CAR on the train gets inverted? If I remember, the end of the train does not make the full inversion.
  • Meretrix%s's Photo
    Sssamy, clearly you are not looking at the same picture I am.....you are completely upside down. You begin the inversion and do in fact roll completely around a central axis point. Furthermore, this barrel roll, by simple laws of physics and design is merely a "stretched out" loop. You do in fact invert in a 360 degree motion, albeit "sideways". By your logic, not only do zero g rolls no longer count as inversions, but neither do simple corkscrews. There are other ways to "get inverted" besides a conventional 360 traditional loop.
    @RCTNW no the entire train goes all the way through the inversion and up to the end of the angled spike......simply look up the POV ride of this thing on YouTube.....then you will all see that, yes in fact it is an inversion and the WHOLE train completes said inversion.

Here's the POV....if this doesn't count as an inversion, then Volcano the Blast Coaster at PKD has no inversions (it has four of these things).V2
  • gir%s's Photo
    Actually they are quite different. On V2 the rider is never 180d from the horizontal plane, or am I missing something?
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    do i have to draw it out for you?
  • Maverick%s's Photo
    How many degrees (head under heels) does it need to be for an inversion? What about inclined loops and cobra rolls? Dive loops? Immelmans? Does the velocity vector count towards the angle?

My rule of thumb is that the manufacturer and owner of the ride have first rights to the official description. Enthusiasts are just customers that think they know best.
  • John%s's Photo
    If V2's spiral element were completely horizontal, it would be an inversion just like the 4 that are on Volcano:TBC. As it stands, it's definitely left up to interpretation. Along with V2 I can think of B&M's inclined loops and Intamin's overbanked turns as the all-stars of the is-it-an-inversion-or-not debate.

FWIW, I'd say V2's spiral is as much an inversion as an inclined loop. Sure it might not technically reach the 180 degree threshold, but neither do inclined loops (tilted at least 45 degrees, like V2). And I have yet to hear of the park or manufacturer not including Riddler, Chang or Mantis's inclined loops in their respective inversion counts.

Cobra rolls, Immelmanns, dive loops, corkscrews, zero-g rolls, etc., are, by definition, always inversions.

Speaking of dive loops...
    Before:

Posted Image

After:

Posted Image

• Roomie%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Its all to do with the axis (Red) sure it rotates round the axis on V2 but the axis isnt horizontal.
    Although on Mantis and similar stand-ups the inclined loops dont rotate around that axis either. So its all up to the manafacturer

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading