Theme Park Discussion / Roller Coaster before and afters

• fraroc%s's Photo
    It's an Inversion, get over it.

NEXT?
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Dive Loops, Immelmanns, Zero-g's, Cobra Rolls are 100% inversions.

The Inclined Loops are also inversions because the top is 180* to the bottom (its banked at the bottom, so the apex is parallel to it)

Overbanks are not, unless its a 180* overbank which would make it a cutback, which is an inversion.

This heartline roll technically isnt because it isnt 180*. Although it looks and probably feels like one.

Im kinda sorry I started this :p
  • Liampie%s's Photo

The Inclined Loops are also inversions because the top is 180* to the bottom (its banked at the bottom, so the apex is parallel to it)

How about a 360* helix with 90* banking?
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    ^Thats different because there isnt any steep elevation.
  • Meretrix%s's Photo
    Sssamy.......it's a fucking inversion. As in you become inverted in a continuous motion following a complete revolution (again...sideways, but that's irrelevant.) Since you complete a revolution and you enter and exit the "upside down" state of being as a stretched out loop, it's an inversion.....the fact that you are doing it at a slight angle doesn't change that. To wit, Volcano's barrel rolls are on a slight downward angle...does that disqualify them? I think you just want to win.....so in the interest of ending this ridiculous debate....you win....happy?
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    euphoric, thanks.
  • trav%s's Photo

Posted Image

Meretrix, this is what I meant in my first post.

Because you are not at any point 180 degrees from the center of the earth, then I do not believe it is an inversion, otherwise wouldn't Rip Ride and Rockett's big loopy type thing be classed an inversion as well? That goes about as far as V2.

Edited by trav, 22 June 2010 - 12:19 PM.

• Meretrix%s's Photo
    RRRI at USF doesn't ever invert....the V2 at Marine World DOES.......I'm not sure how much planer I can make it...watch the POV, and tell me that thing doesn't equate to a barrel roll.....you have to watch the whole video, as the train doesn't clear the inversion on the first pass.
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    Who gives a shit. If your that spun up about it, contact RCDB admin and ask why "they" don't consider it an inversion and then argue with them. Bitching about it here is not going to do anything but bring the topic crashing to it's knees.
  • Meretrix%s's Photo

Who gives a shit. If your that spun up about it, contact RCDB admin and ask why "they" don't consider it an inversion and then argue with them. Bitching about it here is not going to do anything but bring the topic crashing to it's knees.

I just did that actually.
  • Maverick%s's Photo

I just did that actually.

I believe RCDB goes by what the manufacturer and park say...

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading