(Archive) Advertising District / New Development Announced!

• SSSammy%s's Photo
    I found this article today. it highlights some new plans in the UK.

Yesterday plans were announced by the government for an exciting new development which will mark the crossing point of education and pleasure. Outlines of the project were released yesterday by MP John Smith, who claimed that the development was, “going to revolutionize education in the UK, then hopefully, the world.” The plans came in part of a complete overhaul of contemporary education. This overhaul comes hand in hand with the recent Economic Crisis, which left many without jobs and income. “It’s plain that education purely isn’t effective enough” says Smith at the interview in London, “What we really need is something that will help children to engage with learning, and the only way we can do this is to make education more enjoyable.”

Posted Image

The Learnatorium will target areas such as History, Science, Music and Geography, with two giant complexes for Maths and English. The latter two subjects were deemed too difficult to express through themed areas and rides. There are plans for more than 15 rides, fully themed and relevant to their appropriate subjects.

Casaba Spectra first approached the government in February of 2008 with vague plans for an educational theme park, but they were not impressed with the plans, thus turned down the offers. Seven months later, Casaba Spectra approached the government again, with renovated and refined plans, and the advance was accepted.
    Work begins later this year and the park hopes to be ready for the 2012 season.

• posix%s's Photo
    sssammy, you know i love you, and i love the makeup of this advertisment, but i'm afraid we have this screen within 24h hours rule for new ad topics. :|
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    sorry posix, you see John Smith has a Restraining order against our jounalist so he had to take a picture from the helicopter.

this counts as a screen, right?
  • posix%s's Photo
    :nod:
  • trav%s's Photo
    This seems like a fantastic idea. If you need any help with it, give me a buzz.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    well after a good four months of hearing nothing, this article was published

BUILDING BEGINS ON LEARNATORIUM
    In the dead of night secretive work commenced on the highly anticipated Learnatorium Project. Our investigator succeeded in capturing an image of the first ride before the track segments were concealed beneath their red weather protectors. No confirmation has been made as to what type of ride the track belongs to. The park hopes to be finished ready for the 2012 season.

For more information on the Learnatorium Project, please visit the Learnatoriums Project website
    Posted Image

• turbin3%s's Photo
    nice
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    Son, has anyone ever told you the ONE main "rule" kind of thing that everybody around here agrees on, the "don't take pictures when it rains"-rule?
    Great. Because it's useless here.
    Looks great!
    One question, though... Is the project name to be taken literally? Or is it some kind of 1984-approach?
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo

Son, has anyone ever told you the ONE main "rule" kind of thing that everybody around here agrees on, the "don't take pictures when it rains"-rule?
    Great. Because it's useless here.
    Looks great!
    One question, though... Is the project name to be taken literally? Or is it some kind of 1984-approach?

Except there's puddles along side the road and an obvious attempt to show water drainage... So I'm guessing it was supposed to be raining within the context of his picture.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I like the 1984 idea. You should definately do that.

Nice screen btw!
  • JoeZia%s's Photo
    Great idea sam! Can't wait to see more
  • posix%s's Photo
    The foliage!

I'm so happy to read the game has received attention from you again.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    this is great
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    Holydam. That truck is amazing!
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    What ^ said, and I'm also glad to hear RCT2 is again being played by you. :D
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    thank you all :D
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    wow, and I suspect these screens are all just for the sake of advertising!!!!
    Can't wait to see how you'll get things working out when its actually a park...
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    The foliage is some of the best foliage I have seen in RCT. Every object has been placed with perfection. I tip my hat to you.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    hold on, rewind! why did i never catch that comment from you louis? thanks buddy, it means an awful lot!

GOOD NEWS

i can be arsed with rct. expect progress soon. i even got some lovely coloured pens to enhance my plans.

edit: oh, thank you too, BG :)
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    if only i had known the joy my comment would give you

sammy hit me up on msn or text me or some form of communication cause we havent spoken in ages and i have propositions

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading