(Archive) Advertising District / New Development Announced!

• Xtreme97%s's Photo
    Nice. I'm loving those lamposts.
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    Sam, if it wasn't for that awful pathing choice at the entrance, I'd love it.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Lol you can put it back up now :p sorry for waving my fists at you :p
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    ace.
  • Dimi%s's Photo
    Looks good. Great atmosphere.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    thanks everyone.
  • Ruben%s's Photo
    I sure like what I'm seeing, just think the archy on the park entrance's facade looks a bit messy...
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Entrance somehow reminds me of Cena's H2H park.

I like the road. Not blown away by it, because it's just a road.
  • highroll3r%s's Photo
    the wooden fence and hedge are towering, too tall imo. i think the brick work on the enterance is a bit messy aswel. all in all though i do appreciate the atmosphere.

edit: i agree with ruben on the enterance.lol
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    torrential rain in the UK over the past few days caused a whole load of precautionary evacuations and floods in a few places. knowing that the location of the development isn't particularly high above the rivers and ponds in the area, i thought i'd go and see if there was any damage to the area. sadly, i caught sight of this:

Attached Image: ohgod.jpeg

the waters have receded over the past few days, and i saw an engineer assessing the damage of some track that had been held down by cables. the track looks to be intamin track although i couldn't be sure. the storm waters must have lifted it from it from its initial position. one of the track pieces looks badly distorted by the impact... i wonder if they'll have to reorder that piece? any experts?

the monorail looks to be working perfectly, though. the engineers must have been sending it on a test run just in case.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Yes, it's back! I'm so glad you're interested in RCT again.

Now on to the screen. Genius advertising, as has been said many times about this project. I would love to see some actual park, though :p
  • AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    Is that aqua track with aqua supports? o.o
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    certainly is. thanks fizzix.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    is the screen preview black for anyone else? this seems to be a recurring problem for me :p

maybe I need to finally make the switch to chrome...
  • MikaRCT2%s's Photo
    No, I have that problem too, on both my phone and computer with Explorer.
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    This is the first time it has happened to me. Not sure what the deal is. Perhaps it's that British uploader. :p
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo
    ^Same here. Right click and open in new tab.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    nah man the shot was taken in the dead of night without flash.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Why does it matter what color the minimized screen preview is? You're looking at the actual screen right?
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    hi guys, sorry i've been away. today i went and visited the construction site and say them testing a new water ride! after the apocalyptic rainfall of 2012, i was worried that the park would be unable to bounce back, seen as the park is built on wetlands. on various forums i saw that there was fear that the water would take too long to drain and severely hamper the construction of the facility. however, we all gravely underestemated the power of the casaba spektra powers that be. construction is almost back on schedule after the kerfuffle of rain damage was sorted. opening is due for 2014 season at the latest, according to official sources. although, we don't know what other toils the future holds...
    Attached Image: SCR4.jpg

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading